PDA

View Full Version : Tories using foreign election "consultants?"...

Toma
09-11-2015, 08:15 AM
Im not sure why I find this disturbing. One would assume that all elections use image and pr consultants, marketers etc...

But maybe it's the tactics this guy is said to use that disturbs me....

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com//news/canada/canadian-politics/conservatives-seeking-help-from-controversial-aussie-campaign-fixer-who-worked-with-david-cameron

Toma
09-11-2015, 08:51 AM
More... http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/politics/canadian-election-2015-lynton-crosby-conservatives-1.3223315

Xtrema
09-11-2015, 09:21 AM
I love this. Now it has bitten Harper hard, hopefully this drawn out campaign won't be back again. We had a good system before this fixed date election BS.

As for the consultant part, they can get whoever their money can buy. I could care less.

Toma
09-11-2015, 09:30 AM
I guess, and we know it happens....., but doesn't that open the door to foreigners dictating Canadian policy?

Using social science with subtle racist undertones to sway 'simple' minded voters etc... i dunno. I dont like it, no matter what party is involved.

phreezee
09-11-2015, 09:50 AM
How is that different than the NDP and Liberals using American Obama advisors?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ndp-liberals-using-grassroots-mobilization-tactics-from-obama-campaigns/article22216447/

Toma
09-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I guess fundamentally, its not.

But morally, from your article, the US advisors focus on empowering voters, and bringing people out to vote, involving them in politics,, versus the segragating and xenophobic ploys this guy apparently uses.

I guess by now, it's no secret that high voter turnout benefits the center/left, and this explains all the electoral fraud, and tryyong to supress voting the "right" does. But I still dont like it one bit. fact or not. If.you have to rely on scare tactics, and stifle democracy to win....

We should then move to a coalition government.model at all times, if voter turnout is, say, under 80%, or the winner gets anything less than actually 50% of the vote (actual, not seats).

01RedDX
09-11-2015, 10:20 AM

revelations
09-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Welp, Paul Martin during his campaign used fear mongering about how Harper would militarize Canada to the extent that there would be troops at every street corner. Wonder how well that turned out for Mr. Martin.

HiTempguy1
09-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Toma

But morally, from your article, the US advisors focus on empowering voters, and bringing people out to vote, involving them in politics,, versus the segragating and xenophobic ploys this guy apparently uses.

I guess by now, it's no secret that high voter turnout benefits the center/left, and this explains all the electoral fraud, and tryyong to supress voting the "right" does. But I still dont like it one bit. fact or not. If.you have to rely on scare tactics, and stifle democracy to win....

We should then move to a coalition government.model at all times, if voter turnout is, say, under 80%, or the winner gets anything less than actually 50% of the vote (actual, not seats).

Typical liberal thinking, "we can be fair and equal, as long as you follow what I think is fair and equal" :rofl:

Xtrema
09-11-2015, 10:27 AM
I guess, and we know it happens....., but doesn't that open the door to foreigners dictating Canadian policy?

We live in the age of internet, it's bound to happen.

If Germans got a better way to do something, you won't try to learn from it?

Toma
09-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by revelations
Welp, Paul Martin during his campaign used fear mongering about how Harper would militarize Canada to the extent that there would be troops at every street corner. Wonder how well that turned out for Mr. Martin.

Id say the prediction is at least accurate in spirit. We bomb more, we sell arms to dictators more. We have bill C51, we have supression of science, rcmp, less transparancy, the government tells us less....

Im not sure Martin was THAT wrong. The mentality is DEFINATELY there.

phreezee
09-11-2015, 11:17 AM

lolz, skewed media is skewed. #CanadianMediaGuild http://www.cmg.ca/

An entire union with a gigantic megaphone campaining for the left.

FraserB
09-11-2015, 12:48 PM

Id say the prediction is at least accurate in spirit. We bomb more, we sell arms to dictators more. We have bill C51, we have supression of science, rcmp, less transparancy, the government tells us less....

Im not sure Martin was THAT wrong. The mentality is DEFINATELY there.

Can you cite the specific examples of suppressing the RCMP please?

Also, since you have clearly read the bill, which are the specific portions of C-51 you disagree with?

Toma
09-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by phreezee

lolz, skewed media is skewed. #CanadianMediaGuild http://www.cmg.ca/

An entire union with a gigantic megaphone campaining for the left.

Missionary and mercenary have different meanings in my world.

Toma
09-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Can you cite the specific examples of suppressing the RCMP please?

Also, since you have clearly read the bill, which are the specific portions of C-51 you disagree with?

wrong thread. pretty sure this was discussed elsewhere.