PDA

View Full Version : China: Hit and Kill.

ZenOps
09-12-2015, 07:39 AM
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html

Hit and Run is relatively uncommon. The way the laws are designed its usually Hit and Kill.

Carmageddon rules apply.

googe
09-12-2015, 10:30 AM
This is fucked up

The_Penguin
09-12-2015, 10:47 AM
:eek: Seriously fucked up.

Seth1968
09-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by googe
This is fucked up

and unfortunately, true. But wait. There's more.

It's not uncommon in third world societies to sell your kid into child slavery. Yes, sex slaves as well.

The average moron (most) believe that slavery has been abolished. They believe what their corrupt government tells them.

Truth is, human slavery (including children) is at an all time high and growing.

In before the proverbial, "Does that include population growth"?

Examples?

Well one out of many. Let's start with child abduction and slavery to harvest cacao beans in the Ivory Coast of Africa.

Their government and the chocolate manufacturers basically deny it all. They claim their inspectors would have seen such atrocities. :rofl:

StreetRacerX
09-12-2015, 12:49 PM
China sounds like a great country, would move there.:nut:

ICEBERG
09-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Just looking at the article all i saw was.. BMW + China = Kills

AG_Styles
09-14-2015, 12:51 AM
haha I just got hit in a hit and run on Saturday here in Shanghai. It was a BMW too and he swerved for no reason and clipped me on my bike. While I was on the ground he then sped away after I popped back up.

ickyflex
09-14-2015, 11:03 AM
My Risk Management prof at uni said it's better to kill someone for insurance purposes here too lol.

Mitsu3000gt
09-14-2015, 02:57 PM
It's similar in many countries, is it not?

If someone breaks into your house here, and you badly injure them but not kill them, you are probably in more trouble than if you kill them and say you feared for your life.

Or get drunk and kill an entire family with your cement truck - no biggie, 3 years in jail should make up for that.

I don't find the China story very surprising.

max_boost
09-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Correct but blame China for everything. :nut:

googe
09-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

If someone breaks into your house here, and you badly injure them but not kill them, you are probably in more trouble than if you kill them and say you feared for your life.

No, it's not similar.

The home invasion thing is an urban legend. There is nowhere that injuring someone leaves you in more trouble than killing them, unless you're offing a witness to a real crime that is worse than murder.

http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp

Sugarphreak
09-15-2015, 12:28 PM