PDA

View Full Version : AMA Defensive driving course online

gwill
09-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Has anyone done the online version recently? Just curious about the questions at the end and the difficulty or trickiness of it all. Can you skip the videos and just do the test at the end?

I saw an old thread that mentioned it was super easy but its way too old to believe its still the same.

master hec0
09-26-2015, 05:54 PM
its stupid easy. your punishment is the inability to ignore or skip it.
You will be read to by a dull mono tone voice and every once in a while they will hit you with random time sensitive questions to ensure you are still watching/listening.

source:did it 2 weeks ago.

gwill
09-27-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm doing it now as well. I'm playing the video in the back ground while at work. I agree about the punishment part as the first few chapters have been super boring. So far if I didn't know a question I could throw it into google and the answers from other driving schools are there.

I'm saving all the questions in case anyone does the course and wants to skip to the end.

Do you know if the final test takes the same questions from the earlier courses or will they be different?

rob the knob
09-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by gwill
Has anyone done the online version recently? Just curious about the questions at the end and the difficulty or trickiness of it all. Can you skip the videos and just do the test at the end?

I saw an old thread that mentioned it was super easy but its way too old to believe its still the same.

Originally posted by master hec0
its stupid easy. your punishment is the inability to ignore or skip it.
You will be read to by a dull mono tone voice and every once in a while they will hit you with random time sensitive questions to ensure you are still watching/listening.

source:did it 2 weeks ago.

its good you guys take this serious. too many crashes?

Originally posted by gwill
I'm doing it now as well. I'm playing the video in the back ground while at work. I agree about the punishment part as the first few chapters have been super boring. So far if I didn't know a question I could throw it into google and the answers from other driving schools are there.

I'm saving all the questions in case anyone does the course and wants to skip to the end.

Do you know if the final test takes the same questions from the earlier courses or will they be different?

master hec0
09-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob

its good you guys take this serious. too many crashes?

I had 3 points on my record wanted zero for a clean abstract never had an at fault accident. (was looking to get back into class 1 driving)
I listened to the whole thing but its all common sense. they should revoke your license if you manage to fail that test haha.

relyt92
09-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by master hec0

I had 3 points on my record wanted zero for a clean abstract never had an at fault accident. (was looking to get back into class 1 driving)
I listened to the whole thing but its all common sense. they should revoke your license if you manage to fail that test haha. Wouldn't your initial convictions still show up on the abstract?

theken
09-27-2015, 09:25 PM
They still show up..

master hec0
09-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by relyt92
Wouldn't your initial convictions still show up on the abstract?

Yeah it still does but most employers were requiring no more than X amount of demerit points on record. (typically 2-5 points) this still expunges the points making a "clean record" in terms of demerit points.