PDA

View Full Version : bilionaire granson kills 4 in ontario drunk crash

rob the knob
09-30-2015, 06:26 AM
Marco Muzzo had just returned from his bachelor party in Las Vegas on a private jet Sunday, hours before he was arrested for a collision that killed three children and their grandfather, a source told the Sun.

“They — Marco and his friends — were sending photos on Snapchat all weekend as they were bar- and hotel-hopping down the Strip,” said the man, who attended the same high school and college as Muzzo and has mutual friends and connections through family.

“They were very intoxicated in Vegas — there wasn’t a moment you didn’t see a bottle in their hands in those photos (on the video and photo-sharing website),” the man, who wished to remain anonymous, told the Sun Tuesday night.

“It was a bachelor stag for him and they were celebrating pretty hard.”

The source said a family friend told him the grandson of late billionaire developer Marco Muzzo consumed alcohol on the private jet during the flight home and arrived in Toronto sometime between 1 and 3 p.m.

Muzzo and his friends then went to a bar, the source said.

He was on his way to his King City home when the crash occurred at the intersection of Kipling Ave. and Kirby Rd. in Vaughan at 4:10 p.m.

Muzzo faces a dozen impaired-driving offences and six charges related to the dangerous operation of a motor vehicle in relation to the crash.

None of the charges against Muzzo have been proven in court.

The source said he didn’t realize Muzzo was involved in the horrific crash until he saw Muzzo’s fiancee and mother on a Monday newscast.

“I was shocked by the tragedy. But I am not really surprised as he has been frequently intoxicated while growing up. He could have been easily ticketed two or three times a week for being drunk in public as he was always consuming heavily along with his friends,” the source said.

“He also has a past of reckless driving.”

Muzzo was charged last March with holding a handheld communication device while driving in Caledon, according to a copy of the ticket obtained by The Canadian Press.

A Caledon courthouse clerk said he failed to respond to the ticket and was automatically convicted and paid the $280 fine.

In February 2012, Muzzo was charged with speeding, allegedly travelling 134 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on Hwy. 407 in Oshawa at 10:46 a.m.

A Durham Whitby court clerk said the speeding ticket was withdrawn and no reasons were given.

In October 2012, Muzzo was charged with driving an off-road vehicle on a highway instead of on the shoulder in Severn Township, south of the Muskokas. Court records indicated he paid both fines — $110 each.

While the source has known Muzzo for several years, he described himself as only an acquaintance who circulated in the same tightly-knit community .

“No, I never liked him. He and I just never hit it off,” the man said.

— With files from Canadian Press

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/gta/2015/09/28/accused-in-vaughan-crash-marco-muzzo-has-history-of-provincial-offences/muzzo2.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

killramos
09-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Marco Muzzo had just returned from his bachelor party Sunday, hours before he was arrested for a collision that killed three children and their grandfather, a source told the Sun.

The source said a family friend told him Marco Muzzo consumed alcohol during the flight home and arrived in Toronto sometime between 1 and 3 p.m.

Muzzo and his friends then went to a bar, the source said.

He was on his way to his King City home when the crash occurred at the intersection of Kipling Ave. and Kirby Rd. in Vaughan at 4:10 p.m.

Muzzo faces a dozen impaired-driving offences and six charges related to the dangerous operation of a motor vehicle in relation to the crash.

None of the charges against Muzzo have been proven in court.

“He also has a past of reckless driving.”

Muzzo was charged last March with holding a handheld communication device while driving, he failed to respond to the ticket and was automatically convicted and paid the $280 fine.

In February 2012, Muzzo was charged with speeding, allegedly travelling 134 km/h in a 100 km/h zone.

A Durham Whitby court clerk said the speeding ticket was withdrawn and no reasons were given.

In October 2012, Muzzo was charged with driving an off-road vehicle on a highway instead of on the shoulder. Court records indicated he paid both fines — $110 each.

Decided to clean up that story as the amount of hearsay and bullshit clouding the real issue was ridiculous. Great work by the sun as per usual, I swear they hire ex ET writers sometimes :facepalm:

RIP to those who died.

01RedDX
09-30-2015, 07:39 AM

Feruk
09-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Clear cut case of Affluenza. :nut:

As per last year's story:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/12/the-affluenza-defense-judge-rules-rich-kids-rich-kid-ness-makes-him-not-liable-for-deadly-drunk-driving-accident/

lilmira
09-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Good material for TV drama. RIP to the victims. His wealth shouldn't matter in court. Sounds like a standup guy based on the story. We'll see what happens.

rx7boi
09-30-2015, 08:25 AM
:rofl: The first time a source had so much to say about someone.

Most of the times it's "I just can't believe it, he's a good kid."

OTown
09-30-2015, 09:28 AM
More people dying from a completely preventable crime. So selfish.

Just waiting to see killramos say that speed was not a factor in this collision.

killramos
09-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by OTown
Just waiting to see killramos say that speed was not a factor in this collision.

Considering that no evidence has been presented to indicate that it was a factor :dunno: , he could have been going 25kph for all you know. 3 kids and a old man? Crazier things have happened.

Dumbass.

just waiting for OTown to say we should all be driving these as it would be safer:

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mmIcDKXuAPVMZ4_wCJEaEnQ.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
09-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by OTown

At least we don't have to wait past page one for you to get petty. :confused:

killramos
09-30-2015, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

At least we don't have to wait past page one for you to get petty. :confused:

No shit eh

C_Dave45
09-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by killramos

Considering that no evidence has been presented to indicate that it was a factor :dunno: , he could have been going 25kph for all you know. 3 kids and a old man? Crazier things have happened.

Dumbass.

Yes, clearly this looks like the result of a 25 km/h crash.

DUMBASS!!!

http://i2.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca/videostatic/231/275/GTNH09282015_ManKills4Auto_848x480_534049347605.jpg

The guy seems like an arrrogant, self-absorlbed douchebag, and his wealth will absolutely be a factor in his final verdict and/or sentence.

killramos
09-30-2015, 10:12 AM
^ There is some evidence then, rather than just sand in vagina personal whining by OTown

:thumbsup:

Mitsu3000gt
09-30-2015, 10:21 AM
In before the slap on the wrist. RIP.

C_Dave45
09-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Video of the first witness on scene. Very moving
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/it-was-caused-by-someones-stupidity-parents-living-nightmare-after-crash-that-killed-three-children

"I asked the driver how fast were you going? He said 'the speed limit'. There was no way he was doing the speed limit. He was way over".

Long straight stretches of farm land roads with a limit of 60 km/h. Where I bet the average person does 80-100 on any given day. Throw in a weekend of all night Vegas partying/drinking, flight home on a private jet (more drinking) then at a bar with friends (more drinking) and being a person who's no stranger to fast cars...My money's on him doing well over 100 km/h looking at the carnage.

BavarianBeast
09-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Hopefully he gets raped and beaten in gen pop.

JRSC00LUDE
09-30-2015, 10:27 AM
There just isn't a good outcome from this, nothing will ever make it right. :thumbsdow

R154
09-30-2015, 10:41 AM
He wont face much of anything.

Moonracer
09-30-2015, 10:45 AM
This makes me fucking sick. It's always the same outcome, douchebag drunk driver walks away, vehicle they hit parents/kids dead! :barf:

BavarianBeast
09-30-2015, 10:56 AM
It's exactly why this damn country needs to make an example out of this guy to show everyone that regardless how much money you have you cannot get away with doing this shit.

Fucking piece of shit should get 4 life sentences.

C_Dave45
09-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Daniel Tschetter, anyone?

Drunk, killed 5 people. Yet out after only a couple of years. Found not guilty of DUI, but manslaughter and obstruction. (Honestly can't fathom how he wasn't found guilty of being drunk).

I suspect similar with this incident.

Rocket1k78
09-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
In before the slap on the wrist. RIP.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Hopefully he gets raped and beaten in gen pop.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
There just isn't a good outcome from this, nothing will ever make it right. :thumbsdow

Originally posted by Moonracer
This makes me fucking sick. It's always the same outcome, douchebag drunk driver walks away, vehicle they hit parents/kids dead! :barf:

It's exactly why this damn country needs to make an example out of this guy to show everyone that regardless how much money you have you cannot get away with doing this shit.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
Daniel Tschetter, anyone?

Drunk, killed 5 people. Yet out after only a couple of years. Found not guilty of DUI, but manslaughter and obstruction. (Honestly can't fathom how he wasn't found guilty of being drunk).

I suspect similar with this incident.

Yes to all of these. We all know nothing will happen though

RIP
:(

Inzane
09-30-2015, 11:12 AM

So what would you recommend for 1st degree murder then?

As bad as this incident is, you can't equate it to 1st degree murder.

C_Dave45
09-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

Depends. 1st degree murder on Bindy Johal, Bacon
brothers....I say pin a medal on the culprit.

Moonracer
09-30-2015, 11:18 AM
He certainly deserves to spend the rest of his life in jail

A790
09-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by R154
He wont face much of anything.
I think you're right.

Pacman
09-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Depends. 1st degree murder on Bindy Johal

Jeesh, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Nitro5
09-30-2015, 12:05 PM

Why not? They are dead because of the direct result of his actions. He decided to get pissed and then drive. It isn't a momentary lapse in attention that caused this, but direct deliberate and preventable action.

jwslam
09-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Nitro5

Why not? They are dead because of the direct result of his actions. He decided to get pissed and then drive. It isn't a momentary lapse in attention that caused this, but direct deliberate and preventable action.
Especially since he's been known to do whatever-the-fuck he wants. Oh wait, nothing will change after this.

Inzane
09-30-2015, 12:15 PM

Then make a case for 2nd degree.

Nitro5
09-30-2015, 12:18 PM

Then make a case for 2nd degree.

You seemed confused, no one has said charge him with murder, only that impaired driving causing death should carry a life sentence. Multiple deaths? Multiple life sentences.

Robin Goodfellow
09-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
He certainly deserves to spend the rest of his life in jail

What an absurd idea.

As a son of the aristocracy, it is his right to do what he wants, free of consequences.

Inzane
09-30-2015, 01:42 PM

You seemed confused, no one has said charge him with murder, only that impaired driving causing death should carry a life sentence. Multiple deaths? Multiple life sentences.

And my point is since there is no death penalty in Canada how do you distinguish level of punishment between:
Manslaughter
2nd degree
1st degree
??

Why should manslaughter get basically the same consequence as murder?

killramos
09-30-2015, 01:45 PM

because in Canada we treat criminals and victims and victims as criminals.

:devil:

Rocket1k78
09-30-2015, 01:53 PM

:devil:

No shit. This why innocent people will continue to get killed by drunk drivers or guys on bail for killing someone else. It seems like all you have to do is say you're sorry in Canada. Its disgusting to think he'll get off with nothing but a pinch on the wrist but we all know its going to happen.

jwslam
09-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
As a son of the aristocracy, it is his right to do what he wants, free of consequences.
So whose son are you that grants you full rights to the entire length of street parking in front of your house and cause "vague things" to happen to other peoples' vehicles?

:rofl: :rofl:

masoncgy
09-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Rich/connected kid who kills a bunch of people while drunk behind the wheel...?

Yeah, he'll probably get probation or some other BS sentence that is completely absurd and unfathomable given the destruction he has caused.

Nitro5
09-30-2015, 02:30 PM

And my point is since there is no death penalty in Canada how do you distinguish level of punishment between:
Manslaughter
2nd degree
1st degree
??

Length of time before chance of parole.

OTown
09-30-2015, 04:28 PM
^ There is some evidence then, rather than just sand in vagina personal whining by OTown

:thumbsup:

lol id hardly call it whining.

I would have hoped you at least looked at the article and not given you the benefit of a doubt here. I am wrong in assuming that you would have read the article before suggesting that theres no evidence. Its quite clear he was not going even remotely the speed limit, but hey if you want to ignore all the evidence then so be it.

Either way its a moot point now. 4 dead, families shattered apart, witnesses scared for life, police EMS and firefighters PTSD from dealing with it, all because douchebag was a selfish drunk prink who thought he was the next f1 driver. All of which was completely preventable

Had the guy
1. not been drinking
2. gone the speed limit

This would have never happened. This guy probably believed he was the best driver on earth and had the thought 'this wont happen to me'. But it did. People don't learn, and this guy wont either cause hes likely going to get a slap on the wrist by some clueless judge

We agree on that at least. That is oh so true.

CanmoreOrLess
09-30-2015, 07:21 PM

The end result is the same. Innocent dead at the hands of the guilty.

Were my family on either end of that deal, that little fucker would pay. A nice little 36 hour blow-torch and pliers festival.

rx7boi
09-30-2015, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

So whose son are you that grants you full rights to the entire length of street parking in front of your house and cause "vague things" to happen to other peoples' vehicles?

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: He's only got one vehicle remember?

jdmakkord
09-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Pacman

Jeesh, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. :werd:

pdm111
03-29-2016, 06:35 PM
A 29-year-old Ontario man who pleaded guilty in a crash north of Toronto that killed three children and their grandfather was sentenced to 10 years in prison on Tuesday.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2604860/live-blog-sentencing-for-marco-muzzo-in-drunk-driving-crash-that-killed-3-children-grandfather/?utm_source=Other&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014

He can apply for parole in 2.5 years. Victim impact recap in the Twitter feed in the link.

speedog
03-29-2016, 07:48 PM
Thanks for that update.

I still wonder if the guilty one actually gets it?

Jlude
03-29-2016, 09:02 PM
He took 4 lives and only gets 10 years? Wow...

G
03-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Better than this asshole who got 5 and a half years for killing 5 and got after serving 2/3rds

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/14/victims-family-says-killer-drivers-release-a-joke-as-daniel-tschetter-returns-to-freedom