PDA

View Full Version : L.F. gas fitter to hook up a gas cooktop

stevelou
10-02-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm looking for someone to hook up a gas line for a gas cooktop as well as run a line for a furnace for my garage.

We bought an induction cooktop and the wife hates it so it's going and we are going back to gas. Please recommend away

gwill
10-03-2015, 12:02 AM
If no one here does it give a call to the big supplier of appliances and ask who does it for them or who they use to do it on the side. Make it seem like you bought the stove from them.

I bought a gas line to someone's deck as a gift and it only cost me $200. The builder they bought from quoted $550 and the one contracter I got to quote the job quoted $950. The person I paid was the appliance supplier for their home who ending up giving the best deal.

Just keep in mind every job has its challenges but the crazy difference in price I was quoted was insane.

lauphman
10-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Appliance installers from the big stores like trail, Sears, the brick aren't always licensed gas fitters. They are trained in the basics for appliance hook ups and insured for the job they are doing, but the un-licensed individuals would not be able to pull a permit for a gas job on the side.

As for the gas line ran for $200.00, it must of been a short gas line,
minimum permit fees are about $110.00 not including materials......

gwill
10-03-2015, 08:05 AM
^I never asked about licensing but the appliance store referred this gentleman who did it for a living for his company. I assume he was licensed but don't recall asking. I think the appliance store only charged $350 or so but couldn't get it done as quick. You raise a few questions the op can ask if he cares that much but I've given him an option to check out for pricing.

CRXguy
10-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Call up Canyon Plumbing. They added a gas line for stove and ran a line to the deck for my BBQ. Think it was around $600ish but this was back in 2008.