PDA

View Full Version : Carproof Report Question

masoncgy
10-03-2015, 10:34 PM
We are looking at picking up a used SUV. The dealer that we are working with is someone that I have dealt with previously and I have no issues about that at all.

He showed me a copy of the Carproof report that he had and it shows one windshield claim and one insurance claim for about $900. Everything else seems okay but there is this one item listed that I don't quite understand and wonder if someone here might have some insight.

There is an 'estimate' for a non-collision type claim for almost $9,000. We thought maybe it had been stolen or something, but under that specific section, it's never been reported as stolen.

What should I make of this? Vehicle itself seems great, no obvious issues. Dealer was stumped too. He purchased it at auction as he does with many of his vehicles, but this wasn't something he could explain.

Thanks!

relyt92
10-03-2015, 10:39 PM
I'd say a comprehensive claim like hail or vandalism or something along those lines.

masoncgy
10-03-2015, 10:50 PM
It's strange that it's an estimate for that amount, but there's no actual claim listed anywhere for a repair in that amount.

I considered hail given it was originally purchased and spent it's first few years in Saskatchewan, but it shows as being registered in BC (lower mainland) in 2011 and this estimate was in 2012... so that would rule out hail, I would suspect.

macman64
10-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Water damage?

Have you checked for signs of the whole vehicle or large portions being re-painted?

yellowGTS
10-04-2015, 07:21 PM
There is a chance the car was taken for a repaint or some work at a bodyshop for an estimate, but the work was never completed.

OR

There was work done on the car and the owner paid cash to get it done, so the repairs don't appear on the CarProof

shakalaka
10-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Sounds like an estimate performed by insurance but if repair doesn't show then it was perhaps paid for out of pocket.

01RedDX
10-06-2015, 09:16 PM