PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Federal Election Thread (fka Who Gets Your X?)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

sputnik
10-05-2015, 12:09 PM
With two weeks to go. Who is getting your vote?

Lets try and keep this discussion a little less "Toma" and stick with explaining why you are voting for the party and not why the other guys are evil overlords or left-wing nutjobs.

Lets keep this positive and productive.

403ep3
10-05-2015, 12:14 PM
the least evil.. conservatives

Sugarphreak
10-05-2015, 12:15 PM

jdmXSI
10-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Either Liberal or Conservatieves. Have yet to decide.

bbbc
10-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Conservatives, the least spending and won't raise taxes

Dirty_SOHC
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
The cure is worse than the disease - The least evil.. Conservatives

nickyh
10-05-2015, 12:29 PM
The party I think won't screw the country completely, Conservatives.
I still feel we are in for a minority gov. lead by the NDP.

BandW
10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
I won't be voting.

Kloubek
10-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Well, not NDP or Green.

On the fence between Liberals and Conservatives. Leaning towards Liberal.

sputnik
10-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Leaning towards Liberal.

That's where I am leaning as well.

I like the Liberal CCB (Child Care Benefit) plan as opposed to the multi-tiered taxable system currently in place. I am generally a big fan of simplicity.

I like the 1.5% income tax cut. Who doesn't? I don't feel sorry for people pulling in over $200k. Sorry. Not sorry.

I could care less about deficits when interest rates are low and the economy is slumping. Harper ran deficits after the 2008/9 economic collapse and most likely will in a minority government as well. So I can't hold that against the LPC.

Legalization. Emptying prisons of potheads and cutting off gang income seems like a good idea. Might as well legalize a few other drugs along the way. Spend the money educating and protecting kids instead. Let adults do whatever they want to their own bodies.

Not a fan of C51, but it seems like the LPC are willing to make some major amendments to the bill.

Not a fan of the F35 program. Sounds like we have dumped billions just to study spending billions more for a jet that cost considerably more than a Eurofighter. I have nothing against stopping the practice of throwing good money after bad.

I dunno. Harper isn't giving me and confidence

Feruk
10-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Liberal.

After C-51 and the fact that Conservatives can't balance a budget (except by accident), I just don't see why they deserve my vote.

frizzlefry
10-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Now that its becoming more clear that the NDP don't stand a chance I don't feel the need to vote strategically Liberal so I'm leaning towards conservative. I like Kent Hehr but if he looses maybe he will run for mayor. I'd be good with that.

timdog
10-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Conservatives win on the economic front but i can't morally vote for them. Liberals for me.

msommers
10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Leaning Liberal.

Maxx Mazda
10-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BandW
I won't be voting.

How many thousands of people over the years have died in order to gain the right to vote? The fact you can't set aside 10 minutes of your day once every 4 years is something you should be ashamed of...

I already voted at the office in Beacon Hill this weekend to avoid the rush on Election Day. I was in and out in about 3 minutes.

Now somebody help me down off this high horse already...

FullFledgedYYC
10-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda

How many thousands of people over the years have died in order to gain the right to vote? The fact you can't set aside 10 minutes of your day once every 4 years is something you should be ashamed of...

I already voted at the office in Beacon Hill this weekend to avoid the rush on Election Day. I was in and out in about 3 minutes.

Why do you care? For all we know that's one less NDP voter. Of course you can twist this to say "Or maybe he was that one more Conservative voter we needed"

Whatever.... It's his choice.

Go4Long
10-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Not voting "in protest" is the single stupidest concept ever dreamt up by entrenched parties to maintain power.

Looking for more information from the CON platform. Still tossing and turning between them and LIB. Like some of the stuff in the LIB platform, dislike some of it.

redblack
10-05-2015, 02:39 PM
CONservatives for me and my whole family

CanmoreOrLess
10-05-2015, 02:47 PM
As most of Beyond is leaning towards Conservative tastes, I'll go Liberal. The opposite always works out best here on Beyond.

My hope is Toma is voting Conservative just to prove my point.

CanmoreOrLess
10-05-2015, 02:51 PM

Who is to say all those who died, died for our good future. History unwritten is unknown. Perhaps we'd still be voting had everyone stayed at home. Switzerland turned out fairly well overall. Who is to say Germany would not have been fine rulers of Europe post WWI and Germany/Japan in WWII? Voting cause some guy got his liver blown 20 feet away from his nut sack is not the reason to vote. My grandfather did not mention voting as his reason for going to war.

ZenOps
10-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Protest vote: Green.

I think the NDP and Conservatives are both lying about a balanced budget. Its impossible without printing massive amounts of money or oil returning to triple digits by year end. We simply don't have an alternate source of income, $226 in diamond royalties a year won't even buy a nice set of tires for one person.

ickyflex
10-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Conservatives although I do like some of the Liberal policies as well.

Would be happy with either party winning though.

masoncgy
10-05-2015, 03:01 PM
I was leaning towards throwing my vote to the Green party in my local riding given they could actually take out the NDP here... but not sure if I want my vote to just be strategic or if I actually want to vote for whom I feel is the best choice, regardless of whether they stand a chance.

I must say, I had a real low opinion of Trudeau up to about a couple weeks ago... but he's really come around.

Harper killed off any chance of a vote with his recent loud message again that is against any sort of decriminalization/legalization. Personal ideology in the face of the majority of Canadians and all sorts of scientific research on the matter? Sorry, no, you're out.

Kloubek
10-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
I must say, I had a real low opinion of Trudeau up to about a couple weeks ago... but he's really come around.

Really? Right from the beginning I felt he was the most personable and sincere leader, and the one who was actually listening to what Canadians wanted.

Now with that said, his soft spoken demeanor and overuse of hand gestures also makes me wonder if it's all a front, and he's just a real smooth talker.. having taken tips on how to make himself *appear* sincere. If the Liberals win, I guess we'll find out.

Mulcair I disliked as soon as I saw him speak. Harper I've never liked either - though I do think he is our best representative on a worldwide stage. I'm just not sure international leaders would take Justin seriously.

LOLzilla
10-05-2015, 05:06 PM
NDP unless I detect they are nearing a majority. If they are, Conservative.

A790
10-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Liberal.

Legalize that shit. There's money to be made.

BandW
10-05-2015, 05:09 PM

I'm more ashamed of our society than anything else.

It's getting to a point where you may as well just kill yourself at age 65 rather than retire.

rx7_turbo2
10-05-2015, 05:16 PM
I look back, has my life been so bad under Harpers reign that I'd be willing to vote for either of the other two options? The answer is no, so the conservatives get my vote.

phreezee
10-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Don't care who wins as long as it's a minority. There's an upside for everyone.

Adrenaline101
10-05-2015, 05:23 PM
As a gun owner I can't fathom voting Liberal or NDP so likely going to stick with them on the premise of "going to fuck me less than the other 2".

nonofyobiz
10-05-2015, 05:25 PM
I've traditionally been 100% conservative ever since the Reform days I just think they represent us better and LIberals, NDP were all about Ontario and Quebec. I can't believe I'm actually considering voting for the Liberals. I don't like them and don't think J.T. is ready to lead the country. Having said that, I'm finding it more and more difficult to vote for the Cons this time around...I see all these articles and FB rants about Stephen Harper and all the dirt he's done and at first I don't even believe it, its just same old completely biased, out of context, fear mongering and I believe the country is in relatively good shape. Ya the economy is hurting but to blame one man for the down economy is a little rediculous....that would be giving him way too much credit, even if he's PM. It's not like he came out with something like the NEP in the 80's that we could point to that severely damaged the economy.

Anyways here are some of the things that are of concern....

-saying pot is worse than tobacco. ridiculous and out of touch. So stupid.
-$15 Billion dollar arms deal with Saudi Arabia....WHAT THE FCK?!?
-Bill C-51 (although do the Libs support this as well?)
-TPP trade deal - seems like a shady deal giving way too much power to corps (again, Libs may support this as well i'm not sure)
-"Robocalling during the 2011 election....voters across Canada received recorded calls that either told them to go to the wrong polling station, or were of a harassing nature, purportedly made by opposition parties....a low-level Conservative party staffer who was sentenced last year to nine months in prison for his role. Two judges found that it was likely other senior Tories were involved." THAT's FUCKED.

I dunno, i really don't like trying to keep up with all the political crap but then when election rolls around you really don't know what's going on.

blairtruck
10-05-2015, 05:46 PM
is there a nice chart that shows the policy's for each like there was for that last provincial

Cos
10-05-2015, 05:50 PM

BigMass
10-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Liberal. And not because I agree with all of their ideas but they're better than the NDP or Neocons on a few key issues. And the on the bad issues, they're all the same so it doesn't really matter there.

tirebob
10-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Liberal... Now if the conservatives could just stop being idiots about legalizing and taxing marijuana and lose the anti gay marriage shit off of their policies, I would vote for them, but they don't so I won't...

Cos
10-05-2015, 06:32 PM

A790
10-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
is there a nice chart that shows the policy's for each like there was for that last provincial
Enjoy:

http://thereckoner.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Reckonerd-Infographic41.jpg

EDIT: Link: http://thereckoner.ca/2015-canadian-national-elections-infographic-3/

HiTempguy1
10-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Soooooooooooo much pandering to natives in that pic :banghead: That alone, against all other issues, would keep me from voting for anyone besides the Cons.

JRSC00LUDE
10-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by A790
Liberal.

Legalize that shit. There's money to be made.

I don't believe for a second that they'll actually legalize it.

The best vote for me is none at all, the NDP are absolutely the worst thing you could do to the country, I don't have any confidence in Trudeau whatsoever and the Harper Conservatives just don't stand for enough of my personal beliefs.

Abstaining or spoiling is my current strongest thought.

NoPulp
10-05-2015, 09:00 PM
I have no idea... they're all crap.
Orginally thinking of NDP but pretty turned off now. Wish there was a better liberal leader. I would like to see a minority government. I think the results are going to be super goofy and unpredictable

finboy
10-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Day of election, whichever candidate in my riding that is leading and NOT conservative will get my vote, bonus points if their party supports removing first past the post voting

soloracer
10-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Conservative. I vote for the party most likely to build pipelines and that will defend the main resource in the province of Alberta. We need the federal government on our side since our provincial government is not.

Cos
10-06-2015, 07:21 AM

CompletelyNumb
10-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Send in the military, annex the land and build it without consulting provincial governments? That'd be nice. :bigpimp:

ickyflex
10-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Cos

Serious question as I am not intending to start a fight. If the con's were so 'for' pipelines how come they aren't built yet? It seems like with the political landscape for the last 8 years that was about as good as it was going to get for pipeline builders and they couldn't get some of the big ones done. What are they suggesting to do differently this time around?

Because Quebec and BC and Obama. Pretty simple answer no?

The difference is they will at least keep pushing for them whereas liberals have said no more pipelines and NDP wants no more oil

Cos
10-06-2015, 10:49 AM

Modelexis
10-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Voting for myself again this time around.
I can't imagine how some rich white guy can decide to endebt my future kids in order to bribe voters. its too strange for words.

If I did vote it would be conservatives to accelerate the demise of this country so people can see the result of mob voting.
People need to drop this fantasy that voting has anything to do with freedom. As long as you have welfare and pensions and unions and state workers and single mothers and corporations with the power to vote against you the outcome will always be more government power and money printing.

Quarter of the homes in Canada will go into foreclosure if the BOC increases the key interest rate 2%.
Even if the people you want to take power get voted in that doesn't mean they're obligated to come through on any of their campaign promises.

frizzlefry
10-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Cos

So I guess my thought is if BC and Quebec don't change, and that is the posters only reason for voting CON's, and you're not going to get the pipeline anyways.... just doesn't make sense to me.

The pipeline through BC ain't gunna happen. Hippies and aboriginals. Won't budge. I can see Quebec caving in. The Quebecois only have a strong stance on any issue in order to get money. They can be bought.

Zhao Kan
10-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

Who is to say all those who died, died for our good future. History unwritten is unknown. Perhaps we'd still be voting had everyone stayed at home. Switzerland turned out fairly well overall. Who is to say Germany would not have been fine rulers of Europe post WWI and Germany/Japan in WWII? Voting cause some guy got his liver blown 20 feet away from his nut sack is not the reason to vote. My grandfather did not mention voting as his reason for going to war.

Did you fail history? You would not want to live under imperialist Japanese or nazi German rule. Even if you were a blonde blue eyed German lord youd be regretting every minute of it. Just ask Rommel, and goerings brother. Ask nanjing how fine Japanese rule was.

Modelexis
10-06-2015, 12:47 PM
They died for freedom, not voting 'rights'

Voting is anti-freedom.
Would you like to have a bunch of strangers vote who you should marry? Would you call that freedom?
Freedom means the freedom to rule your own life and what you do with your money, and to face the consequences of those choices.

codetrap
10-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Toma
10-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Cos

So I guess my thought is if BC and Quebec don't change, and that is the posters only reason for voting CON's, and you're not going to get the pipeline anyways.... just doesn't make sense to me.

you want a CONservative voter to make sense?

hahahahahhaa.

fuck. good one. I laughed out loud lol.

soloracer
10-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ickyflex

Because Quebec and BC and Obama. Pretty simple answer no?

The difference is they will at least keep pushing for them whereas liberals have said no more pipelines and NDP wants no more oil

Precisely. I thought the original post said we weren't supposed to debate each others reasons for whom we are voting? I think they were trying to get a read on people without the thread turning into a name calling shit show.

For what it's worth for me it's a matter of having someone push for what this province needs to keep the economic engine going versus shutting the doors on it entirely. If the conservatives are voted in there is at least a chance of the pipelines getting done. If they are not then the chances are zero as defined by the platforms of the other two parties plus the fact our own provincial government isn't going to stand up for us. (PS: I didn't vote Conservative provincially....mainly because I too thought they needed to be changed out)

Funny thing is, if you believe all the NDP/Liberal messaging you would think that Harper could just hammer this thing through in a secret backroom deal. I could only wish that was the case. It will take some time and a willingness to make it happen. But if there is nobody championing the cause then it for sure won't happen.

As for aboriginals blocking that is purely an economic stance - they aren't environmentalists. Anyone who has lived with/near a reserve can attest to that. Same for the provinces who are currently saying no. It all comes down to what is in it for them and the belief that the longer they hold out the better deal they will get. Just take a look at the Calgary ring road negotiations for an example of what I mean.

For the record, in the past 20 years I have voted NDP, Liberal and Conservative depending upon the platforms and candidates. People like me are not a traditional "Con" as the far left would like people to think all conservative voters are. In this election there is only one federal party that is in the best interests of the oilpatch worker and that is the Conservatives. Since my livelihood depends upon the health and welfare of the oilpatch it is in my interest to vote for the party that best represents it.

ickyflex
10-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Toma

you want a CONservative voter to make sense?

hahahahahhaa.

fuck. good one. I laughed out loud lol.

Yet here you are and have not ever given one compelling reason to vote NDP aside from Not Harper.

Toma
10-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ickyflex

Yet here you are and have not ever given one compelling reason to vote NDP aside from Not Harper.

You may have noticed, 70% of Canadians are on the "not Harper" side. Preventing another Harper term is enough reason to vote f9r sny9ne else that is half sane.

killramos
10-06-2015, 02:52 PM
^ So people who don't support Harper aren't fully sane?

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Inzane
10-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Where's the evidence that Mulcair is even HALF sane? :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
10-06-2015, 02:53 PM

You may have noticed, 70% of Canadians are on the "not Harper" side. Preventing another Harper term is enough reason to vote f9r sny9ne else that is half sane.

Your math sucks. Or you're cherry-picking info. AGAIN. Or not looking at any polls. Or ignoring them.

We'll just use Nanos because it's common. Today only 58.1% of Canadians don't choose [redacted]. Interestingly, that means 66.5% don't choose the thieving Socialists. More people hate Socialism than [redacted], oh my.

Still hope for old no clear position on anything Trudeau I guess.

Toma
10-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by killramos
^ So people who don't support Harper aren't fully sane?

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

haha. Im curious if you need help coming up with your replies....

Toma
10-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Your math sucks. Or you're cherry-picking info. AGAIN. Or not looking at any polls. Or ignoring them.

We'll just use Nanos because it's common. Today only 58.1% of Canadians don't choose [redacted]. Interestingly, that means 66.5% don't choose the thieving Socialists. More people hate Socialism than [redacted], oh my.

Still hope for old no clear position on anything Trudeau I guess.

Most CONservatives don't know what they are talking about, when it comes to 'socialism', and the NDP is further right under Mulcair, than the Liberals are.

But then again, you are js7t throwing the word around for fear and sensationalism,like all god CONservative lemmings.

codetrap
10-06-2015, 03:05 PM

JRSC00LUDE
10-06-2015, 03:10 PM

But then again, you are js7t throwing the word around for fear and sensationalism,like all god CONservative lemmings.

The only thing you've done around an issue is throw fear around. TPP is your most recent. You get what you give.

Here, let me quote you my post in this thread from yesterday to confirm my Conservative lemmingness.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I don't believe for a second that they'll actually legalize it.

The best vote for me is none at all, the NDP are absolutely the worst thing you could do to the country, I don't have any confidence in Trudeau whatsoever and the Harper Conservatives just don't stand for enough of my personal beliefs.

Abstaining or spoiling is my current strongest thought.

You're the only lemming posting here Toma, terrified of the bogeyman and jumping off whatever cliff omeone else points you at just to get away from him. Too baaaaaa-aaaaa-aaaad, you lose that point.

Edit, speaking of points:

A new poll by Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to Postmedia Network, shows the Conservatives with 37% support of decided and leaning voters compared to 29% for Justin Trudeau's Liberals and 24% for Thomas Mulcair's NDP.

On that poll, 66% of Canadian's want anyone but dear Leader. :eek:

suntan
10-06-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm voting Rhino, I like their plan to move the Rocky Mountains over 1 meter to the west so that Alberta gets more sunlight.

Cos
10-06-2015, 04:31 PM

Toma
10-06-2015, 04:34 PM
lol. again, you failed to read what I wrote, and chose instead what you think I wrote.

Heslthcare, education, public infrastructure, all embody socialist ideals in this country. Which is first.on your fear monger 'the socialists are coming' chopping block?

g-m
10-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Conservative in the Liepert riding. For the same reasons as soloracer except he already said it quite well.

soloracer
10-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Thanks for trying to imply ill-intentions on my part but that isn't the case. I dislike every candidate right now so I am still hunting. I am a self-confessed centrist so really I am stuck between Lib and Con if I follow my beliefs and leave the rest out of it, yet I definitely lean left of center more than right of center.

I did not assume you had any ill intentions - in fact I believe it to be quite the opposite. However, opening the discussion will bring in individuals who have no other reason to exist than to disturb the feces. As for politics, you and I are probably closer aligned than you realize. This election I am voting for the one that I believe is in my best interest financially.

Cos
10-06-2015, 05:34 PM

HiTempguy1
10-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Holy crap, CBC is going postal with anti-conservative articles now that the NDP has hit the skids :rofl: I think they realize how truly fuckered they are now

Maxt
10-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I was stuck between the Libertarian party and the conservative party, but the Libertarian party lost my vote with their lax foreign policy and the decriminalization of all illicit substances. I can get behind the legalization of pot and prostitution, but there has to be a line in the sand somewhere.

Sugarphreak
10-06-2015, 09:03 PM

BigMass
10-06-2015, 09:18 PM
My only regret is that Kent Hehr isn't the Liberal party leader of Canada.

JordanLotoski
10-06-2015, 09:29 PM
I am 100% PC:D

frizzlefry
10-06-2015, 09:37 PM
lol. again, you failed to read what I wrote, and chose instead what you think I wrote.

Heslthcare, education, public infrastructure, all embody socialist ideals in this country. Which is first.on your fear monger 'the socialists are coming' chopping block?

Go home toma, you're drunk.

beyond_ban
10-06-2015, 10:27 PM
PC as well. Not voting is useless, so - like others - it comes down to choosing the least evil of the big three.

Toma
10-07-2015, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
I was stuck between the Libertarian party and the conservative party, but the Libertarian party lost my vote with their lax foreign policy and the decriminalization of all illicit substances. I can get behind the legalization of pot and prostitution, but there has to be a line in the sand somewhere.

So your choice was between no rules party, and the most beurocrstic, most draconian rules dictator wanna be party?

That's odd lol.

Toma
10-07-2015, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by frizzlefry

Go home toma, you're drunk.

You disagree? That's odd.

For the record, Ive drank a half dozen times in my life, and never put an illegal drug in my body.

phreezee
10-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Wow, EI stretched to 18 months for parental leave promised by the PCs! The money is there, so pay it out.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2263808/conservatives-announce-new-employment-insurance-parental-benefits/

Go4Long
10-07-2015, 01:02 PM
You realize they're buying your vote with your money right?

I mean, I'm not really pro any party right now, but the obvious attempts to pander by the PC's shows their desperation.

codetrap
10-07-2015, 01:13 PM

Robin Goodfellow
10-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Anything but conservative.

The NDP doesn't have a chance in our riding, and their candidate isn't strong.

So I will be voting Liberal.

Go4Long
10-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Hmm.. pay $50k in taxes and get nothing new for it, vs pay $50k in taxes and get another year of Mat leave... What's the constant here lol. The argument of "with your money" is a little bit retarded because it implies that the other guy isn't going to take the same money to start with.... plus the idea that peoples votes AREN'T generally for sale... that's another one lol. The entire election process is a bidding war lol.

I'm not attacking you personally on this, just the tropisms themselves. :P

I find it funny how the various party faithful react to new spending proposals by their party vs other parties. Specifically the CON faithful. NDP or liberal propose spending it's "Omg they're going to bankrupt us" CONs propose spending "Omg, they're so amazing"

schurchill39
10-07-2015, 02:09 PM
I'll be voting Conservative and I think the Mrs. is voting Liberal from what she tells me.

TurboMedic
10-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Libertarian

Toma
10-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
I'll be voting Conservative and I think the Mrs. is voting Liberal from what she tells me.

lol. a Lot of the women are. Seems Justin is popular with the ladies.

Saw a poll that said he'd win a landslide if only women voted.

codetrap
10-07-2015, 04:19 PM

a social dsease
10-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
In this election there is only one federal party that is in the best interests of the oilpatch worker and that is the Conservatives. Since my livelihood depends upon the health and welfare of the oilpatch it is in my interest to vote for the party that best represents it.

This 100%

sabad66
10-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
Libertarian
I've seen a few of their signs around, all with big letters advertising a 15% flat federal tax. I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy, but 15% is out to lunch. Is it even possible to run Canada with only 15% tax?

sabad66
10-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Their platform is interesting though. I agree with a lot of their points
https://www.libertarian.ca/platform/

nykz
10-07-2015, 08:11 PM

lol. a Lot of the women are. Seems Justin is popular with the ladies.

Saw a poll that said he'd win a landslide if only women voted.

It's the hair

frizzlefry
10-07-2015, 08:56 PM

You disagree? That's odd.

For the record, Ive drank a half dozen times in my life, and never put an illegal drug in my body.

It was just a cheap dig at your seemingly slurred typing :) I'll put it down to carpal tunnel resulting from your fervorous posting as of late.

phreezee
10-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it is pretty funny isn't it. I do have to admit though, the EI/Mat leave thing is overdue. EI's been overfunded now for years, and all that excess cash has been quietly dumped into general revenue, against the original EI charter. The Con's pulled 1.8B out of EI this year to help balance their budget, even though 40% of unemployed people in Canada don't qualify for EI.

That's just wrong in my view.

On the same page with you regarding EI. Do you have a source for the $1.8B? I thought they passed a law that disallowed taking out of EI, or did it not go into effect yet?

And they aren't buying my vote as children aren't in my future. I'm just happy it is going back to the citizens and not being funnelled into other areas of government. Buying my vote would be decreasing EI premiums.

codetrap
10-07-2015, 09:41 PM

dirtsniffer
10-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by phreezee

On the same page with you regarding EI. Do you have a source for the $1.8B? I thought they passed a law that disallowed taking out of EI, or did it not go into effect yet?

And they aren't buying my vote as children aren't in my future. I'm just happy it is going back to the citizens and not being funnelled into other areas of government. Buying my vote would be decreasing EI premiums.

When the gas tax was introduced it was only to be used for infrastructure upgrades. I see ei as what it is, another payroll tax that I will most likely never benefit from.

I do agree with your point, premiums should be reduced or parental leave being extended is a good option. I would also be good with reducing premiums.

phreezee
10-08-2015, 10:16 AM
http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/7113322

Perfect, thanks. Looking forward to 2017.

In two years, a new program will be introduced that will ensure EI premiums are no higher than they need to be to pay for the EI program. In 2017, the government plans to lower the EI premium from $1.88 to $1.49, saving a Canadian earning $50,000 about $200 per year.

Toma
10-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

I've seen a few of their signs around, all with big letters advertising a 15% flat federal tax. I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy, but 15% is out to lunch. Is it even possible to run Canada with only 15% tax?

No, they are idiots.

killramos
10-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

The country ran just fine before the war when it was 0...

jacky4566
10-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Yeah, it is pretty funny isn't it. I do have to admit though, the EI/Mat leave thing is overdue. EI's been overfunded now for years, and all that excess cash has been quietly dumped into general revenue, against the original EI charter. The Con's pulled 1.8B out of EI this year to help balance their budget, even though 40% of unemployed people in Canada don't qualify for EI.

That's just wrong in my view.

codetrap I am with you on this 100% If you say the money stays in EI then bloody do that!

:rofl: Here (http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/flaherty-says-ei-funds-won-t-be-used-to-create-budget-surplus-1.2454462) is an article from Jim Flaherty stating he would never do this.

Toma
10-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by frizzlefry

It was just a cheap dig at your seemingly slurred typing :) I'll put it down to carpal tunnel resulting from your fervorous posting as of late.

Well, and age, and posting while driving down a narrow 2 lane, no shoulder road, at 100k/h, weaving around bicycles and tractors.

God, I love Europe.

killramos
10-08-2015, 10:46 AM

God, I love Europe.

Stay there, maybe your beloved Putin will let you shack up with Snowden.

:rofl: