PDA

View Full Version : top coat fit

Zorac
10-11-2015, 09:40 AM
just bought a top coat, but am having second thoughts about its fit. lots of info online about length, but nothing about how tight it should fit in the middle. I think the length is right, but it seems a hair big in the middle. not sure if its ok, or if it either needs to be taken in or have the buttons adjusted an inch or so. thoughts? any rules of thumb on how tight/loose it should be?

i do prefer a more classic slightly looser fit rather than the current slimmer/tighter fit, and most of my suits reflect that. the shoulders of the top coat correspond nicely with my suit shoulders, overall length is roughly 2-3 inches above the top of my knees and arms come to roughly the top of my wrists. the chest is a little bigger than my jackets.

thoughts??

JRSC00LUDE
10-11-2015, 10:29 AM
If the shoulder seam is nicely on the edge of your shoulder and not hanging down it (it appears to be correct) and from the back there are no folds on the sides from too much fabric, it's fine. It doesn't appear too oversized to me in that picture.

nj2Type-S
10-11-2015, 07:36 PM
it looks like a good fit to me. overall length, sleeve length, and shoulder width all looks good. i prefer a tighter fit around the waist, but that's just my preference.