PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a box to hold a monitor?

Kobe
10-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Soo I'm travelling to Mexico and monitors are super expensive there, I have 3 extra ones here in Calgary and would like to bring one with me, I can bring one on the plane as my carry on but they said the best way to do it is in the box.

I went to Memoryexpresss and they said they don't give monitor boxes out and then I went to staples and they said No as well..

Anyone know where I can pick one up? Or what kind of box would work? (I'd like for it 2 have a handle to carry, would make it much easier...

Anyone have a box from a monitor laying around for a 22+ inch widescreen monitor? I'll pick it up anywhere in the city :)

firebane
10-14-2015, 05:04 PM
I can take a look at work tomorrow to see if we have a few extras floating around. Send me a PM if your interested.

Kobe
10-14-2015, 05:15 PM
would be great thanks!

I'm guessing companies that have 22+ monitors would be a good spot 2 look but feel like most companies will have under 22inch monitors..

jacky4566
10-14-2015, 05:17 PM
Memory expresss said no? Try a different location.

pheoxs
10-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Uhaul has a variety of sized boxes, you could measure what you'd need and see if they have something that would work. If the stand disassembles it should be a fairly thin box

Kobe
10-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566
Memory expresss said no? Try a different location.

Yup they said they can't give them out since they keep the boxes for return shipments and what not...

Originally posted by pheoxs
Uhaul has a variety of sized boxes, you could measure what you'd need and see if they have something that would work. If the stand disassembles it should be a fairly thin box

Didn't think about them thanks, would rather have a monitor one (so it has the handle) but if no luck I'll go check Uhaul out!

firebane
10-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
would be great thanks!

I'm guessing companies that have 22+ monitors would be a good spot 2 look but feel like most companies will have under 22inch monitors..

That is pretty much what we do... Deploy 22" monitors all day long lol.

Kobe
10-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by firebane

That is pretty much what we do... Deploy 22" monitors all day long lol.

Hey thanks for the offer via PM I got one from "botox" on beyond and went to pick it up today and it worked pretty well!

I got one less thing to worry about before I leave now!

Really strange that memoryexpress and Staples didn't give boxes away but I guess we will know for next time!

Remember keep your boxes :thumbsup: