PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2015

black300
10-17-2015, 11:27 AM
I haven't seen a thread for Halloween yet and thought why not ask beyonders what their plans are for Halloween this year since its on a Saturday?

Any one carving some fancy pumpkins?

Heading to shows such as Screamfest or Haunted House Manor (New)?

Costume Ideas?

jwslam
10-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Does this look stupid if I do it alone?

http://www.pacificpartycanopies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/costume_header.jpg

I totally copied this one year

http://wongfuproductions.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/PokePhil.jpg

black300
10-17-2015, 12:03 PM
I think it is easier to distinguish the show if there is more than 1 person.

Doing it solo might be difficult for people to understand.

Graham_A_M
10-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Boo's and booze, happening at a pub somewhere in Calgary I think, no idea where. Friends invited me.... should be an epic time, 20 people I know are going. No pumpkins, lawn decorations or anything of that sort.

Costume? Probably Leatherface. Buddy has a 120cc Husqvarna chain saw with a 36" blade... pretty damn sinister looking (it's huge) I'll paint it up with washable fake blood, mud and grease to hide any of the orange OEM colors, the make a tattered leather shoulder strap for it to hang it length wise down my back.
Worn and tattered goalie mask, raw hide well worn welding jacket, and the whole kit & cuboodle. Just need some demonlike eye contacts to wear, don't think my blue eyes are too fear invoking. :rofl:
Wish I still worked out, I'm only average size now, Leatherface should be a huge bulk of a man.. :(

Tik-Tok
10-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Costume? Probably Leatherface. Buddy has a 120cc Husqvarna chain saw with a 36" blade... pretty sinister looking. I'll paint it up with washable fake blood, mud and grease, make a leather shoulder strap for it.

If this is in Calgary, you might have a problem at the door. I've used a plastic toy chainsaw painted up to avoid that hassle before.

Graham_A_M
10-17-2015, 07:28 PM
^ fuck... that sucks. I'd assume removing the chain wouldnt do much for the cause? Planning on draining the gas obviously, but. Damn, that saw totally completes the outfit.

sexualbanana
10-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Win or lose, I'm dressing up as Bautista. I was inspired by the Bautista kid.

freshprince1
10-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Carving some pumpkins, setting up some fog machines and strobe lights in the garage, taking the kids trick-or-treating, and handing out some candy....and trying to scare some kids!

Oh yah, forgot to mention I'm a boring grown-up....but man I love seeing my kids have so much fun!

Any Beyonders trick-or-treating in Okotoks get triple the candy at my doorstep!

03ozwhip
10-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Sadly I've missed the last 3 Halloweens because I'm at work so I haven't seen my kid in his costume for 3 years now. But he's going as Darth Vader this year and I'll be doing nothing but work unfortunately.

pheoxs
10-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Going to Cemetery of Sound Friday/Saturday, might toss a bowl of Candy on my step and see how well that lasts.

As for costume, probably going as a storm trooper since I have everything from last weekend and its not too hot to dance and party in

NoPulp
10-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Halloween is too much effort.

Probably do something small with friends. Girlfriends team is dressing up as "orange is the new black". She doesn't seem interested in doing it though because they're not dressing up as the characters? Just cornrowing their hair and dressing in orange. I dunno lol. They wanted the guys to dress up as guards. Might be okay if everyone was together but they'll probably want to go to a dumb "club" and it'll look stupid split up.

Last year they did "shark week". It was pretty simple but looked neat in a big group.

spikerS
10-20-2015, 09:42 PM
got my inflatables up. Going to also broadcast creepy music and hang a few more things.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5710/21595831244_fe8cf5d2bc_z.jpg

I am not expecting a lot of kids, so we are passing out full sized chocolate bars.

killramos
10-21-2015, 06:49 AM
i bought a little LED arc reactor on ebay. That and a dirty wife beater and a couple days of skipping shaving.

Instant Tony Stark in a cave.

Costumes should either be dead simple, or full on comicon style. Anything in between is just dumb.

haggis88
10-21-2015, 03:49 PM
I'm going the "dead simple" route

New England Patriots ball cap, a Tom Brady tee and the burst football my dog throws around the garden, and maybe a busted cellphone

Sugarphreak
10-31-2015, 07:51 PM

npham
10-31-2015, 07:57 PM
Yea we ran out of candy this year as well. I went to Safeway and they were sold out at 7PMl. The warm weather must have brought people out in droves. We easily has double the number of kids, compared to last year.

nickyh
10-31-2015, 08:09 PM
Got a ton of kids here, once the teenagers started ringing thr doorbell wearing their hoodies it was time to turn the lights off.
Still have a little candy left over but the husband can take that into the office Momday.

canadian_hustla
10-31-2015, 08:13 PM
Kinniburgh Chestermere - 36 kids
We live in a new development, so I guess thats not bad...:dunno:

zieg
10-31-2015, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by nickyh
once the teenagers started ringing thr doorbell wearing their hoodies it was time to turn the lights off..

I'm reminded of: https://youtu.be/VaL9w3lGFlM?t=3m7s

adamc
10-31-2015, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by nickyh
Got a ton of kids here, once the teenagers started ringing thr doorbell wearing their hoodies it was time to turn the lights off.

Man, I feel like I was one of those shit head teenagers not that long ago. Funny how that will probably still be a thing when I'm old and grey.

Sugarphreak
10-31-2015, 08:26 PM