PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hortons Hockey Cards 2015-16

Inzane
10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Seeing the McD Monopoly thread prompted me to start one on the currrent Timmies hockey card promotion.

On right now, you can buy a pack of upper deck hockey cards for $1 with beverage purchase ($1.99 without).

Each pack contains three cards: typically 2 base cards + 1 special insert card.

There are 100 cards in the base set. And at least half a dozen insert sets to chase.

I'm not big into hockey but I do like trading cards and I can appreciate nice cards when I see them. These cards are really nice IMO. Even the base cards have nice detailing including embossing and chrome effects. Some of the inserts are really cool. My favorite of the ones I've had in hand so far is the "above the ice" series.

There's also an online portion of the contest as well. If you login to the timmies collection website, you can start collecting the digital version of the cards as well. Each physical pack contains a PIN # you enter in to get your digital cards (3 cards in a digital pack). As well you can open a free pack (1 card) every 24 hrs to add to your collection. As you accumulate digital cards on your account you earn ballots that go towards draws for prizes such as free Timmies cards, PS4 etc.

So, who else is participating? How has your luck been? I'm on my 13 or 14th pack now. I went at least the first 12 packs with no doubles yet which is cool. But now I do have a couple duplicates.

Inzane
10-20-2015, 12:09 AM
Well. I guess now I know why a thread didn't exist for this already. Nobody gives a shit...

LadyLuck
10-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Inzane
Seeing the McD Monopoly thread prompted me to start one on the currrent Timmies hockey card promotion.

On right now, you can buy a pack of upper deck hockey cards for $1 with beverage purchase ($1.99 without).

Each pack contains three cards: typically 2 base cards + 1 special insert card.

There are 100 cards in the base set. And at least half a dozen insert sets to chase.

I'm not big into hockey but I do like trading cards and I can appreciate nice cards when I see them. These cards are really nice IMO. Even the base cards have nice detailing including embossing and chrome effects. Some of the inserts are really cool. My favorite of the ones I've had in hand so far is the "above the ice" series.

There's also an online portion of the contest as well. If you login to the timmies collection website, you can start collecting the digital version of the cards as well. Each physical pack contains a PIN # you enter in to get your digital cards (3 cards in a digital pack). As well you can open a free pack (1 card) every 24 hrs to add to your collection. As you accumulate digital cards on your account you earn ballots that go towards draws for prizes such as free Timmies cards, PS4 etc.

So, who else is participating? How has your luck been? I'm on my 13 or 14th pack now. I went at least the first 12 packs with no doubles yet which is cool. But now I do have a couple duplicates.

What are you...12?

C_Dave45
10-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

What are you...12?
Ouch. That was mean. Considering we have never ending threads about beyonders who collect...toys, comic books, and...running shoes (?):nut:
I've never been into any of that kind of stuff, but if you're not either...why make a snide remark like that to someone who is?
Stamps, coins, toys, cards...some people like collecting them. :dunno:

Darell_n
10-20-2015, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Ouch. That was mean. Considering we have never ending threads about beyonders who collect...toys, comic books, and...running shoes (?):nut:
I've never been into any of that kind of stuff, but if you're not either...why make a snide remark like that to someone who is?

Throw any thread about a Honda on this list too. We all sit back and go with it.

Inzane
10-20-2015, 09:12 AM
What are you...12?

I love it when the assholes on here out themselves.

I'd be willing to bet the largest demographic buying these cards are 25+ year old males. I can't prove that, but that's my guess. Besides, how often do 12 year olds buy coffee?

Anyway, back on topic, part of the reason I started the thread is I've been having trouble redeeming the PIN code on a few recent packs. Wondered if anyone else was having similar trouble.

eglove
10-20-2015, 09:15 AM

What are you...12?

12 inches deep in your mom

Anyways...lol don't hurt me ladyluck I was JK

A friend is collection these, going HAM lol..and he is 25. I've seen a couple of them and they are pretty nice quality. Not cheap o pee chee kinda cards. If I were into sports cards I'd probably be picking them up.

max_boost
10-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Your passion for these cards is Inzane man! Ladyluck trolling. :D

LadyLuck
10-22-2015, 02:02 PM

Relax friend, no need to get so butthurt.

Originally posted by eglove
12 inches deep in your mom

DONT BE TALKIN BOUT MY MAMA!!!!!
:D

Originally posted by max_boost
Your passion for these cards is Inzane man! Ladyluck trolling. :D

my only attempt at trolling and it hits them right in the feels. sigh.

EK 2.0
10-22-2015, 02:04 PM

Hey don't knock my running shoe collecting!!....:D

infamous
10-22-2015, 02:09 PM
are there any actual hockey card collectors on beyond? I'm always buying/selling/trading cards, and am always looking for new connections!

KPHMPH
10-22-2015, 08:43 PM
I bought my dad 2 cases so far and he's probably bought 10 so far.

He loves them, if you get a signed Crosby card he has a buyer for $3000

Not to bad of a markup!

sputnik
10-22-2015, 09:54 PM
How do you buy cases of the Tim Hortons cards?

Moonracer
10-23-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm not a collector but I have bought a few packs for shits and giggles and I'm the same age as Marty McFly in 2015. ;) Maybe I'll check out the digital version too now

KPHMPH
10-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
How do you buy cases of the Tim Hortons cards?

You go into Tim Hortons and say "Can I buy a case of hockey cards?"

They usually say, "Yes sir, that will be $210 with GST, how would you like to pay?"

I say "Credit card please"

They say "Sorry sir, we have to do 2 separate transactions because we can only do a limit of $200 per transaction"

leftwing
10-23-2015, 10:31 AM
I was definitely buying these for fun. Go to Tim Hortons every morning during work, so the guy I work with and I usually picked up a pack or two a day. We never got anything exciting so we ended up giving them all to his kids.

Another guy I work with got the #1 overall draft choice redemption card. Essentially the McDavid rookie card. Last time he checked it was going for $1500+ on ebay.

Inzane
10-23-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm coming up dry suddenly. All the Timmies on route between home and my office are out of stock. And it doesn't sound like they're getting any more in.

But the radio ads are still on in full force.

The nicest cards I managed to pull were a couple of the "above the ice" inserts. When I looked I think I saw them going for about $20.

vengie
10-23-2015, 10:50 AM
26 male checking in. Certainly buying cards with every coffee.

NoSup4U
10-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by infamous
are there any actual hockey card collectors on beyond? I'm always buying/selling/trading cards, and am always looking for new connections!

Haven't been a collector in 20 years, but recently had my parents ship my childhood collection from the early 90's. Are there any good resources available to judge value/ demand/ collectablility etc.?

I'm coming up dry suddenly. All the Timmies on route between home and my office are out of stock. And it doesn't sound like they're getting any more in. But the radio ads are still on in full force. The nicest cards I managed to pull were a couple of the "above the ice" inserts. When I looked I think I saw them going for about $20.

Limited to 8,100,000 packs. I'm amazed they are running out already, but I haven't been able to find any since Monday, and I've visited 14 different locations throughout my travel so far this week.

Hats off to Tim Horton's though, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who usually only drinks their coffee during Roll Up The Rim

JRSC00LUDE
10-23-2015, 03:40 PM
And here I am always saying no thanks.....could be giving them to you guys!

my only attempt at trolling and it hits them right in the feels. sigh.

You're devastating! :love: ;)

88CRX
10-23-2015, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

Haven't been a collector in 20 years, but recently had my parents ship my childhood collection from the early 90's. Are there any good resources available to judge value/ demand/ collectablility etc.?

Early 90's stuff isn't worth the paper its printed on unfortunately.

Saw Tims advertising these and though about picking some up. I have all the mcdonalds sets since forever in binders in the basement.