PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a family doctor?

Super_Geo
10-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Hey guys, I've been able to find a few doctors on Physician Search (http://search.cpsa.ca/physiciansearch), but before I go with one I wanted to see if anyone here has reliable sources for reviews on doctors, or any general way of avoiding the duds.

Or if anyone has a good family doctor in/around the downtown area they'd like to recommend, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ExtraSlow
10-19-2015, 07:26 PM
ratemd is the review website. Although, like all reviews online, take them with a grain of salt.

The_Penguin
10-19-2015, 08:19 PM
The U of C Dept. of Family medicine has a practice on the 8th floor of Sheldon Chumir. I think they're still taking new patients. I've been happy with them over the last 3 years.

sexualbanana
10-20-2015, 09:01 AM
My doctor is located in the IBM building. I believe the clinic is called 12 West. He's a little bit cold, but I also never have to wait long for my appointments. Unlike some other family doctors I've seen.

The_Rural_Juror
10-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
He's a little bit cold

FYI for next time. They are supposed to put gloves on before handling.

ExtraSlow
10-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Mine just gets a squirt of lube in his palm. He's a real gentleman.

sexualbanana
10-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Ha. Cold, as in he's not the nicest guy on the planet (but also not a complete a-hole)

RealJimmyJames
09-12-2016, 01:05 PM
My family just got notified that our family doc is getting out of the business. Anyone have recommendations? North-central is preferred.

RealJimmyJames
09-20-2016, 01:12 PM
Also heard a radio advertisement for primary care networks, what's the deal with those?

nismodrifter
11-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
Also heard a radio advertisement for primary care networks, what's the deal with those?

Primary Care Networks (also known as PCN) help us easily refer you to assorted medical professionals that are otherwise difficult to sort out (ie: dietician, psychologist, social worker). Essentially meaning your doctor has easy access to a network of professionals that will best suit your needs. Benefit for you, ease of time for referral, also free of cost for X sessions. Great benefit for both patient and physician.