PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes C300 vs Acura TLX SHAWD

Calgarian
10-20-2015, 12:19 PM
While my C350 is in getting the hail damage repaired I'm renting a 2015 C300. Definitely a nice car with good power but something is missing. This car stickers for under $50000. but not by much and I guess that is my issue. I'm impressed with the turbo 4's power but not the sound it makes and the handling although secure feels anything but sporty. I can't help but think the Acura TLX SHAWD is the better car for the same money. Definitely a better handling machine, more room and better engine sound. As for the two dash interfaces I like the ability to have my navi on the screen and still work the radio. I find the mouse pad and console controls hard to reach and the Ipad type display a bit of an after thought.

jwslam
10-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Soo... what's your point? You're debating on which to buy? You've decided the TLX is much better? Just here to share your comments and hope others chime in to agree? Disagree? :dunno:

bjstare
10-20-2015, 02:32 PM
This thread and his last thread both just look like a long-winded facebook status update.

killramos
10-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Get the best of both worlds and buy a C450 AMG Sport

I'm only coming in with a recommendation because this thread makes no sense, might as well take it in a better direction :rofl:

Maybe its a humble brag of some kind?

Jonathanl10
10-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Well no shit the TLX is better value for the money... It doesn't have the reputation of a Mercedes so it needs value factor to take in buyers. All Japanese luxo brands are like that.

Xtrema
10-20-2015, 04:27 PM
I know you still got a bunch of 2015 TLX stuck in the lot but come on.

The performance, TLX V6 SHAWD hands down wins. But the interior of the Acura is almost fisher price grade and the infotainment systems almost feels like a decade old.

C300 isn't built for enthusiasts. It's just someone looking for the badge. Heck even the C400 wasn't sporty at all. C450/63 are the ones if you are looking for an engaging drive.

max_boost
10-20-2015, 04:46 PM
I think the Hyundai is even better value. H Factor! How do they do that? Seoul dynamic.

Long term 5-10 years give me the TL. Short term 0-5, I'll take the badge. Bang on Xtrema. :D

schocker
10-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
The performance, TLX V6 SHAWD hands down wins. But the interior of the Acura is almost fisher price grade and the infotainment systems almost feels like a decade old.

At least it is much improved to the TSX. It is just horrible every time I drive. Had a loaner 2014 RDX earlier in the year and while it was in color and had more information for audio, somehow they made it worse and it took seconds to switch songs on the ipod :rofl: Takes as long as changing songs on bluetooth.

Xtrema
10-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by schocker

At least it is much improved to the TSX. It is just horrible every time I drive. Had a loaner 2014 RDX earlier in the year and while it was in color and had more information for audio, somehow they made it worse and it took seconds to switch songs on the ipod :rofl: Takes as long as changing songs on bluetooth.

I think whoever was in charge of the 2016 Civic's dash should get to redo the complete line of Acura dashes.

Am I'm not sure why all the 2016 Honda's now get Android Auto and Car Play yet for Acura, it's nowhere to be seen and still running a dual VGA screen. :thumbsdow

Calgarian
10-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
Soo... what's your point? You're debating on which to buy? You've decided the TLX is much better? Just here to share your comments and hope others chime in to agree? Disagree? :dunno:
Just offering my observation.

gpomp
10-21-2015, 08:20 AM
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-compact-luxury-sedan/

After driving eight compact luxury sedans, researching their strengths and weaknesses for weeks, and finally consulting with other experts, there’s no doubt the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 is the best choice for most people. It’s the only one that surrounds you with the rich environment and pampering amenities of a true luxury car while also providing the most enjoyable overall driving experience.

Budget-minded luxury buyers should consider the TLX, which costs less than our top pick, is bigger, and offers more features for the money, although it feels less luxurious.