PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars to be Canadian exclusive on Netflix

rage2
10-25-2015, 08:46 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/netflix-to-stream-star-wars-the-force-awakens-exclusively-in-canada-1.3288104

Sometimes, it's just hilarious how licensing deals and gap works out.

Cos
10-25-2015, 09:41 PM

Tik-Tok
10-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Damn, finally netflix pays off besides the odd good tv series

Can't help but feel a "premium" subscription will suddenly show up.

killramos
10-26-2015, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Can't help but feel a "premium" subscription will suddenly show up.

I take it you are behind the times:

https://www.netflix.com/ca/ Click on "Pick your Price"

Anyways this means very little to big fans, I for one will be buying it on bluray regardless of where i can stream it from. This is targeting the same audience who only watches star wars when its on TV.

freshprince1
10-26-2015, 08:14 AM
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens is slated to come to the service in the country; under the terms of the deal, that will occur approximately eight months after the movie leaves theatres."

Everyone and their wookie will have seen it by then. I doubt I'll even watch it on Netflix. Most fans will have bought a copy by then as well. Good buzz to sell some new subscribers though.

sabad66
10-26-2015, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by killramos

I take it you are behind the times:

https://www.netflix.com/ca/ Click on "Pick your Price"

Interesting... i didn't know they had options. Been paying 7.99 a month for years and had no idea they have different levels. I wonder which plan i got grandfathered into... must be at least Standard since i get HD.

Xtrema
10-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Everyone and their wookie will have seen it by then. I doubt I'll even watch it on Netflix. Most fans will have bought a copy by then as well. Good buzz to sell some new subscribers though.

Just because it's a major blockbuster doesn't stop the fight for broadcast rights.

What I hate is studios will pull the license down the road so it will never be on Netflix forever which is the reason why people pirates.

killramos
10-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

Interesting... i didn't know they had options. Been paying 7.99 a month for years and had no idea they have different levels. I wonder which plan i got grandfathered into... must be at least Standard since i get HD.

Pretty sure its a hybrid of Premium and standard for long time members.

All content but 2 streams.

Can't confirm about the 4k as i don't have a 4k TV.

schocker
10-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Pretty sure its a hybrid of Premium and standard for long time members.

All content but 2 streams.

Can't confirm about the 4k as i don't have a 4k TV.
Shows auto show up as ultrahd when you switch to premium, otherwise it just lists as 1080p in standard.

killramos
10-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by schocker

Shows auto show up as ultrahd when you switch to premium, otherwise it just lists as 1080p in standard.

Were you grandfathered though? Trying to establish if grandfathered original Netflix users can access 4k content.

schocker
10-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Were you grandfathered though? Trying to establish if grandfathered original Netflix users can access 4k content.
Yes, probably, been a member for like 4+ years. Need to switch to premium for the 4k to show.

killramos
10-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Cool. good to know.

I guess that means the grandfathered cheap accounts are all "standard" accounts then.