PDA

View Full Version : Official 2015-2016 NBA Thread

J.M.
11-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Well 4 games into the season and the Raps are 4-0 for the first time in franchise history

T-Ross signed a 4 year extension earlier today

Lots of new faces in different places

sexualbanana
11-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by J.M.
Well 4 games into the season and the Raps are 4-0 for the first time in franchise history

T-Ross signed a 4 year extension earlier today

Lots of new faces in different places

I thought it was 3?

J.M.
11-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I thought it was 3?

derp, yeah you're right it was 3 years :nut:

sexualbanana
11-04-2015, 02:23 PM

derp, yeah you're right it was 3 years :nut:

Could be 3 and a player option

max_boost
11-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Kinda sucks watching Kobe lol MJ at 38 would own Kobe at 38 haha

I'm excited about ball. GS so much fun to watch. :D

J.M.
11-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Kobe's been shooting a lot of airballs this season lol

JVR1
11-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Kinda sucks watching Kobe lol MJ at 38 would own Kobe at 38 haha

I'm excited about ball. GS so much fun to watch. :D

I like Kobe's quote from the other night.. " I'm the 200th best player in the league right now... I freaking suck!!! "

Haha

Manhattan
11-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Well he does freaking suck now. Just announced his retirement today. :eek:

J.M.
11-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Not surprised he's retiring after this season. Making $25 mil for the season isn't a bad way to retire either lol

sexualbanana
12-09-2015, 11:12 AM
23-0 for the warriors is bananas.

brucebanner
12-09-2015, 11:20 AM
23-0 for the warriors is bananas.

It sure is, playing out of this world. Curry is dominating!

max_boost
12-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Oh man I can't help but wonder how it would play out having the 96 Bulls vs GS today.

I remember vividly some of those Bulls losses to Phoenix, Denver, NY that year was because the other team went lights out bananas from the 3 haha

max_boost
12-09-2015, 01:24 PM
OK. Can they win 70? 47-12 the rest of the way. :nut: :dunno:

colinxx235
12-09-2015, 01:51 PM
I'd take 96 bulls over any team :D ... but I'm a huge Bulls fan, and MJ is the GOAT. So suck it :rofl:

The way they are playing right now it'd be hard to imagine them not beating the record. As long as none of the vital pieces get injured they will keep rolling. Eventually they will play some of the tougher guys coming up and all it takes is the splash brothers to not shoot lights out and itll be a tight loss

sexualbanana
01-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Yahoo's reporting the Cavaliers have fired Blatt...

:eek: :eek:

JVR1
01-22-2016, 03:24 PM
not surprised by the firing..

on a side note, i've always thought if lois griffin was real, david blatt would be her brother.. that nose.!! :rofl:

sexualbanana
01-22-2016, 03:31 PM
I think that the fact they are replacing him with Lue means that it was Lebron's decision. But that's just me.

Manhattan
01-22-2016, 03:47 PM
So fire one pawn to hire a younger less experienced pawn. :rolleyes:

sexualbanana
01-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
So fire one pawn to hire a younger less experienced pawn. :rolleyes:

A pawn that's already established himself as Lebron's bottom bitch. Takes a lot of work to convince a grown ass man like Blatt to bow down to him. Easier to just replace him with one who already does.

Manhattan
01-22-2016, 04:00 PM
NBA is already well known as a players' league. Nearly all coaches already bow down to the star players. I don't think Blatt ever said 'no' to Lebron.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IFWT_TNT.jpg

brucebanner
02-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Lavine and Gordon :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek:

Teknix
02-13-2016, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by bruceod
Lavine and Gordon :clap: :clap: :clap: :eek:

That dunk contest was WILD!! Every event was down to the wire it was an amazing allstar Saturday!! But I gotta say that Gordon was robbed. The sitting mid air, under both legs dunk was something to walk about for the next decade.

JVR1
02-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Without a doubt Gordon was robbed.. I literally fell off the couch freaking out on that dunk..!

rage2
02-14-2016, 10:50 AM
That was the most ridiculous dunk completion in forever.

max_boost
02-14-2016, 06:31 PM
It was great. Mightily impressed! :thumbsup:

Manhattan
03-23-2016, 04:29 PM
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/712074455955021825

Lebron's reaction :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sexualbanana
06-05-2016, 08:37 PM
The last time GSW beat the Cavs by 30+, Blatt got fired. Watch your back, Lue!

brucebanner
06-06-2016, 07:50 AM
I was actually thinking the Cavs were taking the title this year. I have a hard time going against LeBron but man, GSW as a team are rolling, like they have been all season.

Brandon Jennings believes LeBron will leave Cleveland in the off-season, has stated so twice now.

taemo
06-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Pretty disappointed so far by the Cavs, all their players needs to step up if they want to win.
I'm still hoping GSW will not win and beat the Bulls record but so far they're on a roll.
OKC seemed to have been a tougher challenge and could have actually won if they didn't choke on the last 2 games.

Manhattan
06-06-2016, 09:36 AM
If OKC made the finals, Cavs would've had home court advantage and a much better matchup. But it didn't happen because of the Lil B/Durant and Supersonics curse. :rofl:

403ep3
06-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Wow, I thought this series would've been closer..

Dubs in 5? I wanted OKC to win

sexualbanana
06-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I think OKC has a phenomenal defense and they would've been their competitive edge. OKC has so much length and athleticism that they can switch onto anyone, and that's what posed a lot of problems for GSW. When OKC goes small, they go small with guys with 7' wingspans (Durant, Ibaka, Adams, Kanter) and that would be very difficult for CLE's smallball forwards to shoot against.

Where CLE would have an opportunity (aside from having Lebron) is OKC's inability to close out games (and in GSW's case, the series). Similar to how TOR had trouble closing out quarters in the ECF.

Manhattan
06-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Big part of the problem is how weak the East is. You wind up playing in the finals after sweeping thru Detroit and ATL (hardly playoff-worthy). Toronto series wasn't too competitive either. You run into a wall when you actually play a great team. Reminds me of the late 90s/early '00 when the real championship was played in the WCF and the finals was almost a formality.

sexualbanana
06-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Reminds me of the late 90s/early '00 when the real championship was played in the WCF and the finals was almost a formality.

The 90's were mostly owned by the East (Bulls and Pistons) and the 00's were mostly the West (Spurs and Lakers)

max_boost
06-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Where would Bron go?

Yes the East is weak as fuk. Chris Bosh is a hall of famer because he played in the East. 11X All Star. :rofl:

Disoblige
06-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Lebron leave? Haha, I bet he wouldn't do it again.
Could you imagine how much hate he will receive?

max_boost
06-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Trade Kevin Love? Bring in Bismak? Bring in Carmelo? haha

brucebanner
06-19-2016, 08:56 PM
LeBron and the Cavs did it. Back from 3-1 and won everything. Fantastic game 7, couldn't of been any better.

lilmira
06-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Good series, the better team won.

bball2
06-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Great game from Kyrie and LeBron.

Huge warriors fan, such a disappointment with how bad some of the players were. Draymond was the only one out there tonight who seemed to want it more than the Cavs. I think Barnes should've gotten the finals MVP from Cleveland for how badly he played this series. :banghead:

taemo
06-19-2016, 09:14 PM
hell of a series, very happy that cleveland won
they definitely deserved winning as they work the hardest on the last 3 games and clearly wanted it more

i honestly thought it would have been a walk in the park for GS

J.M.
06-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by taemo

:werd:

Hell of a series. Congrats to the Cavs!

max_boost
06-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Yes. Props Cleveland. That kyrie 3 and all the misses by steph.

Props to draymond too easily finals mvp had GS won

Manhattan
06-19-2016, 11:16 PM
All those Draymond 3's kept GSW in it during first half. Curry was really outplayed this series. I picked Cleveland to win the series. Rematches in finals recently have always had the previous loser winning it all (Spurs vs Miami, Lakers vs Boston). Also reminded me a bit of the Patriots perfect season being ended in the Superbowl. Great drama and theater tho. :clap:

Lebron's block near the end was insane. So does he leave Cleveland again for the next challenge?

eiysa101
06-19-2016, 11:24 PM
You guys, the comparisons between the Warriors and Seahawks is almost scary
both sort of came from nowhere to take over the league
both have home stadium/arena where they celebrate the fans and how loud they are and are almost unbeatable there
have a quiet, mild-mannered guy as the face of their team who are unconvential players (wilson and curry)
have a loudmouth who a lot of the rest of the league and fans hate (sherman and green)
destroyed a legend in the championship one season (peyton and lebron) and then lose the championship to a legend in the closing seconds the very next season (brady and lebron)

eiysa101
06-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Memes is the best thing to happen to NFL and NBA

https://i.redd.it/7nrn0k392d4x.jpg

max_boost
06-20-2016, 12:58 AM
Lebron won't leave after winning. He's the player, coach, and GM haha

rage2
06-20-2016, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by taemo
That's what made the Cavs win that much better. Awesome series, way better than NHL finals this year.

eiysa101
06-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Cav's secret

http://i.imgur.com/O2AGsKa.jpg

JordanEG6
06-20-2016, 04:46 PM
I knew GSW wouldn't steam roll through this series. A 73-9 record with a weak Eastern Conference is nothing if you can't dominate the post-season and win it. Bron is a beast and Kyrie IMO is a better PG than Curry is. Curry has consistent shooting, but if he isn't jacking up 3s off a moving screen, he can't do much. Kyrie is the better all around player and he's proved it. LBJ spent this series shattering records and leading the series on both teams in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. And gets a well deserved Finals MVP.

I'm very happy the Cavs won for various reasons:

- LBJ brought a title home after a 3-1 deficit and a 50+ year Cleveland champ drought.
- LBJ won't be leaving and become villainized again.
- Kyrie gets his first at 24. I've been a fan since his rookie season and Uncle Drew spots.
- Ayesha Curry can shut the fuck up. Dubs come back 3-1 against OKC and no one says shit, Cavs do it, and all of a sudden, the NBA is rigged. GTFO.
- Seeing those cheeky Dubs wallow in sadness makes me happy.
- I hate Draymond Green.
- Maybe all the Dub bandwagoners will finally get off.
- Nike > UA marketing plays, special apparel, shoes etc. I'm a fan of Kyrie's line.
- 96 Bulls team lives on to be the greatest team ever. :nut:

Originally posted by eiysa101
Cav's secret

http://i.imgur.com/O2AGsKa.jpg

LOL I don't know if this was a coincidence, but I love this low-key troll at the "Ultimate Warrior" T-Shirt.

colinxx235
06-20-2016, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

- Ayesha Curry can shut the fuck up. Dubs come back 3-1 against OKC and no one says shit, Cavs do it, and all of a sudden, the NBA is rigged. GTFO.
- Seeing those cheeky Dubs wallow in sadness makes me happy.
- Maybe all the Dub bandwagoners will finally get off.
- 96 Bulls team lives on to be the greatest team ever. :nut:

LOL I don't know if this was a coincidence, but I love this low-key troll at the "Ultimate Warrior" T-Shirt.

I'll admit the reffing looked suspect to get to a game 7. But those calls have nothing in comparison to what it looked like the league did in the OKC series. Now that was bullshit robbery. Drives me nuts how DG was suspended after all that shit for the softest flagrant of them all. And when he tried to sterilize adams he gets a slap on the wrist. But oh well. Cavs played hard to win that ship.

And as a bulls fan, this meme today was ohhhh so sweeet :D

https://pics.onsizzle.com/13-9-isnt-bad-nbamemes-but-72-10-just-has-a-ring-2870328.png

JordanEG6
06-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235

I'll admit the reffing looked suspect to get to a game 7. But those calls have nothing in comparison to what it looked like the league did in the OKC series. Now that was bullshit robbery. Drives me nuts how DG was suspended after all that shit for the softest flagrant of them all. And when he tried to sterilize adams he gets a slap on the wrist. But oh well. Cavs played hard to win that ship.

And as a bulls fan, this meme today was ohhhh so sweeet :D

Oh there are parts of me that think the NBA IS rigged. And has been for years including the Jordan era. But, it's either one or the other. Rigged or not. Coming back from a 3-1 deficit on both ends and only one side is rigged? These Dub Stans need to get off their high horse lol

Regardless though, I agree, I don't think Draymond Green should have been suspended. And I personally found it odd that Curry was fouled out for the first time in 3 years, being it was the Finals too. I'm sure he's smarter than that. But all in all, I don't care 'cause I was rooting for the Cavs.

Manhattan
06-21-2016, 11:17 AM
I think 10 out of 10 GM's would still prefer to have Curry over Irving even with Irving being 5 years younger. One bad series doesn't define a player. Curry has been league MVP past 2 years. Irving probably never will be a MVP candidate as good as he is. A big reason for Curry falling off in this series beside the fact he was exposed on defense is the GS role players like Harrison, AI, and Thompson didn't show up. Much easier to get an open shot when the whole defense is not focused on you. (Kobe was terrible in game 7 against Boston a few years ago but all was forgiven because LA still won the game.)

It was nice to see Cleveland finally get a 'ship but must be total devastation in the GS locker room. All the build-up of a record setting season just to fall short at game 7 at home. That's what made the last game so interesting - heartbreak again for Cleveland again or a record setting season down the drain.

max_boost
06-21-2016, 11:25 AM
Time to start the 2017 thread! I'm thinking rematch again!

brucebanner
06-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Curious to see who goes where on draft day. Also curious if there are going to be any shake ups during the offseason. Soooooo much money to go around. Salary cap 70m this past season and going up to 94m next season.

Is LeBron leaving now that he brought a title to the cavs? What about Durant? And all the rest of the free agents.

max_boost
06-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Had no idea the cap was going up 34%! :eek: :eek:

Don't think Bron will leave but if he does, maybe he can bring a title to the North! The guy runs the show anyway, agent, player, coach, gm, hero, etc. haha

I think everyone will stay put. :dunno:

sexualbanana
06-21-2016, 12:37 PM
I HATE Lebron as a persona, but his abilities as a player are undeniable. Honestly, the only thing I hate about the Cavs winning is how this adds to the 'Legend of Lebron'

brucebanner
06-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Had no idea the cap was going up 34%! :eek: :eek:

Don't think Bron will leave but if he does, maybe he can bring a title to the North! The guy runs the show anyway, agent, player, coach, gm, hero, etc. haha

I think everyone will stay put. :dunno:

TV deal money. 94 this upcoming season, around 110 the season after..

Guys are about to get more overpaid. Pretty sure max player salary is going to be 30 a year depending on a few factors.

I could see players moving around but I can see a lot of guys standing pat.

There are already reports that the Warriors are interested in Dirk if they swing and miss with Durant.

sexualbanana - LeBron is amazing to watch when he's locked in and not complaining. He's been the best player in the league for years now.

J.M.
06-21-2016, 01:50 PM
I don't think LeBron will leave but money talks...

I think Durant might leave, might be time to change up the scenery for him.

Rumours of the Wolves trading the 5th pick + etc. for Jimmy Butler?

JordanEG6
06-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Bill Simmons pointed out that Curry's off-court salary and stake in UA dwarfs his current salary on the Dubs by comparison. Which means, if he really wants to go for the jugular, he can go for way less and put max cap on someone like Durant.

As for Bron. I think he will stay. IT was iffy before the 'ship, but I think he will be inclined to stay. Of course, money talks, but his billion dollar life time contract with Nike might convince him to stay in Cle regardless of what he gets offered elsewhere.

And I think Ben Simmons from LSU is going to the Sixers, but I guess we'll see.

I HATE Lebron as a persona, but his abilities as a player are undeniable. Honestly, the only thing I hate about the Cavs winning is how this adds to the 'Legend of Lebron'

It's what will make Space Jam 2 so great. :D lol

colinxx235
06-21-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't think LeBron will leave but money talks...

I think Durant might leave, might be time to change up the scenery for him.

Rumours of the Wolves trading the 5th pick + etc. for Jimmy Butler?

Any of the Butler/Rose rumors pain me. I loved watching him that year at Memphis and got a jersey pretty quick once he was on the bulls. His first 3 years put such high expectations and now the injury bug and media slamming sucks.

Butler is a phenomenal player and I think the only way bulls would do something if its wiggins + 5th for Butler. Wiggins is a solid player with an unknown ceiling but Butler has already proved himself a first team all star in the top 10 in the NBA.

sexualbanana
06-21-2016, 03:20 PM
If Durant leaves, it'll probably be for a team in the East. I hope it's Boston. I think he could be deadly playing under a coach like Stevens. All he has to do is get to the Finals. He was really close this year, but the path in the West is just too difficult. Once he can get to the Finals, anything can happen.

Does Lebron have his player option this year? If he does he'll opt out (it'd be ridiculous if he didn't) and renegotiate to stay. If the Cavs had lost this year, his free agency would've been hilarious to watch to see if he'd leave Cleveland again.

sexualbanana
06-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Bill Simmons pointed out that Curry's off-court salary and stake in UA dwarfs his current salary on the Dubs by comparison. Which means, if he really wants to go for the jugular, he can go for way less and put max cap on someone like Durant.

There are a handful of players in the league whose endorsement deals dwarf their league salaries. I've always believed that those guys should be taking less salary money because their credibility is predicated more on championships and accomplishments more than individual statistical performances.

brucebanner
06-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Durant to the Raptors :rofl: I'd love to see it though, even though it's a dream.

LeBron's is now able to opt out and I think 110% he will. I don't think he'll leave but I think he's more likely to leave since the cavs won the title. LeBron and Durant to LA anyone? They have a PILE of money to spend since Kobe retired.

Bulls have to blow it up, the team isn't built to play their new system. Kicks are apparently interested in Rose. Tom Thibodeau loves Butler from his Chicago days and has full control over player personal for the twolves but I don't think I'd give up Wiggins and top 5 pick. Way too much upside for that team to grow together.

I'd like to see Al Harford land in Boston, he's the type of player they need.

It'll be interesting to see what the Cavs do with Kevin love. He doesn't quite fit the way they want.

Dwight Howard to Dallas or whoever pays him the most. He's seeking his last big payday I think.

brucebanner
07-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Don't want to make a new thread buuuuut free agency has been tossing SO much money around already.

Raptors - Derozan 5yr/139mil *biggest contract in a Canadian market ever*
Knicks - Noah 4yr/72mil
Lakers - Mozgov 4yr/64mil
Trailblazers - Turner 4yr/74mil
Hornets - Battum 5yr/120mil
Heat - Whiteside 4yr/98mil
Bucks - Parsons 4yr/98mil
Grizzlies - Conley 5yr/153mil *richest contract ever in nba*
Hawks - Howard 3yr/70mil
Pistons - Drummond 5yr/130mil
Magic - Fournier 5yr/85mil
Wizards - Beal 5yr/128mil

Among other big contracts that don't jump out like these ones. Durant hasn't signed anywhere yet but if he signs a one year deal, he can sign a bigger long term contract next year.

LeBron will sign another one year deal plus player option and opt out again. So he can sign the biggest contract ever! It would be a 5 year deal over 200mil

Apparently the heat are only offering Wade around 10mil a year. Rumors are he isn't taking a big paycut like previous years and is actually looking at other teams. If he was to sign elsewhere, it would be weird to see him not in a heat jersey.

Looking forward to see how it all works out!

J.M.
07-01-2016, 09:01 PM
This free agency is crazy haha

Conley making $153 mil is nuts

I think Wade is going to take off if they're only offering him $10 mil a season, he's probably looking for one last big contract

bball2
07-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Fuck yeah :thumbsup: :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/mO2Cngy.jpg

J.M.
07-04-2016, 10:32 AM
If you can't beat them, join them

austic
07-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Can anyone beat GS now?

bball2
07-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by austic
Can anyone beat GS now?
Vegas odds for GSW winning next year went from 3/2 to 4/5.

Depending on the rest of the free agency period, it's pretty much only Cleveland that has a good shot of taking down the Warriors. Boston and Minnesota maybe but I still think they are a couple years away from really hitting their stride.

Manhattan
07-04-2016, 11:35 AM
KD is gonna give Lebron A LOT of problems on defense with his freakish length.

NBA contracts this year are beyond ridiculous. As fans we're flipping the bill for all this. $38 mil for Delladova. :cry:

Don't feel bad for OKC at all given they are a stolen franchise.

colinxx235
07-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Yah the franchise moving from seattle sucked. But at least OKC fans are intense and love the team. A lot more than you can say about quite a few other cities out there...

I just think it is getting ridiculous how stacked a team can get. This era of basketball is so far off the 80s/90s and the amazing rivalries. I hope the chemistry in GSW is messed cause of too many shooters or they choke to a team with less than 1/2 the salary like Portland (and I think Lillard is boss)

As is the Cavs forked over $54 million in luxury tax but they don't care because they won the ship. It isn't like NHL or NFL where you would be losing draft picks ontop of crazy taxes. And also even if they lost 1st picks the guys winning are picking 29/30th and already have the roster they need anyways.

bball2
07-04-2016, 02:04 PM
^^ I think you're underestimating how stacked some of those 80s Celtics / Lakers teams were that won 8 champions in 9 years;

Celtics had Bird, McHale, Parish, and Dennis Johnson
Lakers had Kareem, James Worthy, and Magic Johnson

Also if you look at the some of the "super" teams in the last 15 years, some of them fell well below expectations:

Blazers w/ Rasheed Wallace, Scottie Pippen, and Shawn Kemp
Lakers w/ Kobe, Shaq, Malone, and Gary Payton
Lakers w/ Kobe, Pau, Nash, and Dwight
Nets w/ Garnett, Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Brook Lopez

sexualbanana
07-04-2016, 04:40 PM
As crazy as the contracts are, a lot of people are forgetting that there is a salary floor, too. The cap is at $94M, but the floor is $84. That's why everyone is getting raises, not the actual cap itself.

colinxx235
07-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Oh for sure the celtics and lakers had powerhouse teams in the 80s, 90s had some very strong teams as well

But most of those cases you threw up were guys well past there prime trying to get a ring. Malone/Payton were pretty damn old and lucky for the Glove he snuck one in over in Miami thanks to Wade and Shaq.

Nash hardly played for the lakers due to injury and yes d12 was a brutal fit for the team. Amid all the coaching changes and personnel clashes.

Nets gave it a shot too, garnett/pierce still somewhat effective but on the wrong side of 30. Joe and Will just stunk it up there.

I couldn't have imagined back then if for example Hakeem, Barkley, Ewing or Malone/Stockton etc. in their prime were like ah fuck I can't beat this Jordan guy, lets go join the bulls. Not to mention I'm sure MJ woulda told them off so people didn't dilute his ring claims. Yes the bulls did have a good roster and a solid big 3. But was pippen top 10 in the NBA back then? probably not. Which is what LBJ did in Miami and now KD is doing with GSW.

Nothing would make me happier than if this move backfired on the warriors. I loved KD so much up until this decision. I can't stand the celtics but I would have respected him if he did that. Move on to another city, hit the reset etc, decent young team to build if he really wanted outta okc. But hopping on the 73 win gsw train that just eliminated you after being up 3-1 in the western finals... harsh

colinxx235
07-04-2016, 05:19 PM
As crazy as the contracts are, a lot of people are forgetting that there is a salary floor, too. The cap is at $94M, but the floor is $84. That's why everyone is getting raises, not the actual cap itself.

Yah the floor did go up considerably but you still on average carry 14 players per team (obviously the bottom 3-4 hardly see the court).

But when guys like conley are getting 30 mil a year, DD at 27, biyombo got 18, hell even mozgov is getting 16...

Those numbers will probably blow up in some gm's faces in the next 1-3 years as certain guys transition off old contracts that are top players.

Gotta laugh that curry is the 4th paid player on GSW. Between him, thompson and green they will all be in for almost double pay raises to max or close enough in the short term.

Even though the salary increased 34% this year with more in the bag next I fail to see how some numbers translate. As quite a few guys aren't max $ players. And given that not a ton of guys made the existing 20-22 max. Even if you take 20 mil x 34% you're at 26.8 which quite a few guys have already hit or exceeded.

I can see some of these moves hurting NBA viewing because it certainly would appear to take the element of surprise out of who is going to win or make the finals. Small market teams are going to get hurt badly because free agents won't go there if they are top caliber and therefore to hit the floor and make a team will pay top dollar for 2nd/3rd tier talent. Vicious circle they have created.

max_boost
07-04-2016, 06:41 PM

I'm confused. What is up with that salary floor?

Some random site I googled up http://hoopshype.com/salaries/

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

lint
07-04-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm confused. What is up with that salary floor?

Some random site I googled up http://hoopshype.com/salaries/

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

minimum payroll. have to spend at least $84M on salaries

max_boost
07-04-2016, 07:35 PM
No I get that but why the fuck is it that high lol
:rofl:

Them ballers getting paid.

brucebanner
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM

Because the nba makes bank and the players union did a great job negotiating.

Players get almost half of the revenue the league makes. I think the league made around 6 billion last year. League only has around 450 players. The money has to be spent.

Mind blowing salaries this year and for years to come.

sexualbanana
07-04-2016, 08:42 PM

Salary floors are there to protect the middle- to lower-level players, and by "protect" I mean get them paid. If there was no floor, a lot of journeyman and role players in the league would be making league minimum while the elite players make the max, as they normally would anyways. It'd be the owners' way of cost-saving.

Also, anyone who compares Curry's contract should also remember that he signed that contract as an injury-plagued non-MVP.

sexualbanana
07-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Bleacher Report: Frustration With Westbrook... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650148-frustration-with-westbrook-sent-durant-fleeing-opens-door-to-trouble-for-nba?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-19)

The article sheds some light on the matter and, assuming it's true, shows consistency his thinking.

If KD didn't like that the offense was so iso-heavy and that he was constantly put in a position to create his own shot, then that really leaves him with two options for teams to go to:
San Antonio
GSW

They're the only two teams in the league that play that kind of style to the kind of effectiveness that would appeal to a win-now kind of player like KD is at this stage in his career.

Boston would've been a great place to go with Stevens drawing up all kinds of cool stuff for him.

JordanEG6
07-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Bleacher Report: Frustration With Westbrook... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650148-frustration-with-westbrook-sent-durant-fleeing-opens-door-to-trouble-for-nba?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-19)

The article sheds some light on the matter and, assuming it's true, shows consistency his thinking.

If KD didn't like that the offense was so iso-heavy and that he was constantly put in a position to create his own shot, then that really leaves him with two options for teams to go to:
San Antonio
GSW

They're the only two teams in the league that play that kind of style to the kind of effectiveness that would appeal to a win-now kind of player like KD is at this stage in his career.

Boston would've been a great place to go with Stevens drawing up all kinds of cool stuff for him.

Regardless of what this article says, I don't buy that entirely. And even if that were 100% true, he basically stepped down from the challenge to bring a 'ship to HIS team and move to a team that will sail to the Finals. Because really, the Dubs only big hurdle was OKC this year.

KD is still young and if he opted to stay, they could have made more moves and adjustments to tweek their offense.

I wouldn't mind KD leaving if he doesn't fit the rotation on the offensive side, but going to GSW looks bad all around. He might fit into the rotation better with GSW's offense and playing style, but being with 3 Superstars on a championship caliber team with a deep bench is a cop-out. IMO, You can't flourish or evolve as a Superstar playing in a offensive rotation that makes it easier for you to hit baskets, all the while playing with 3 other Top 20 players in the league. He left an already ship contending team that was 1 win away from the finals, his team blew it, so he joins the very team that beat him a month ago? This is alot worse than the Bron trade.

it seems nowadays, top tier players are so afraid to be given the Barkley stamp. lol.