PDA

View Full Version : NHL streaming?

sxtasy
11-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Is there any good streaming services for NHL games? I don't mind paying for a good quality service, HD, able to get most out of town games as well. Anyone do this?

pheoxs
11-03-2015, 11:13 PM
I use unblock us and nhl game centre and can watch anything and haven't had any issues thus far on my roku

D'z Nutz
11-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Don't post links to illegal streams here :rolleyes:

blairtruck
11-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Don't post links to illegal streams here :rolleyes:
Ya illegal uber and marijuana thread are allowed. Streaming no.

nzwasp
11-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by pheoxs
I use unblock us and nhl game centre and can watch anything and haven't had any issues thus far on my roku

This still requires you to pay for game center though doesnt it.

pheoxs
11-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by nzwasp

This still requires you to pay for game center though doesnt it.

So? If you enjoy hockey why not support it.

Mitsu3000gt
11-04-2015, 12:02 PM
The problem with Game Center is it's very expensive for a casual fan. There is no reasonably priced solution for someone who likes to just watch the odd game. If you just watch every game indiscriminately, and don't care about blackouts, it's a no-brainer.

I bought a month of Rogers Game Center to test it out, and at least half the time when I tried to watch a game, it was blacked out and not available. I was hardly able to watch any of the games I wanted to see. Maybe it was bad luck, I don't know. I think someone mentioned Unblockus gets around that, but if I'm already paying $30/month and I can't even watch the games I want it's kind of pointless. I didn't really end up using it because every time I tried to watch a certain game (like the Calgary game last night), of course it's blacked out.

If there was a more reasonably priced alternative more in line with the amount of games you can actually watch, I would happily pay for it.

sputnik
11-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
If there was a more reasonably priced alternative more in line with the amount of games you can actually watch, I would happily pay for it.

If you are really that cheap that you cannot afford basic cable you can do this...

Find a friend or relative with at least basic cable (Telus or Shaw). Get them to create an email address for you on their account. Login to TSN Go or Sportsnet Now using that account to stream the games from there.

nzwasp
11-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs

So? If you enjoy hockey why not support it.

It was a question.

So if you pay for it but use a vpn to access it then its no more illegal than using netflix US over vpn which people discuss a lot on here.

killramos
11-04-2015, 05:00 PM
If you are such a casual hockey fan why don't you just go to a sports bar to watch the games. Buy a basket of wings and a beer. 20 bucks and you don't even need to clean up after yourself.

I thought gamecenter didn't have blackouts anymore after the sportsnet deal?

Mitsu3000gt
11-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by killramos

I have no idea about the deal, I just know that the handful of games I tried to watch in October, at least half of them were blacked out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, and they aren't actually blacked out, I don't know. I've never had Game Center before. I bought it again for November to see if anything changes - maybe I was just unlucky with the particular games I wanted to watch. The money is not an issue at all, it's the games I wanted to watch I couldn't. I don't think there are any alternatives anyway.

When I tried to watch the games that I assumed were blacked out, it asked for a Sports Net log in or a Telus log in, rather than a direct link to cast to my TV. Like I said, maybe I was just doing something wrong and they weren't actually blacked out?

93VR6
11-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by killramos

They didn't last year but they're back this year for oilers and flames games that are not nationally broadcasted. This is roughly half the games so it's quite annoying but I just unblock us.