PDA

View Full Version : Job Hunting - IT Work

firebane
11-09-2015, 06:50 PM
So aside from the typical sites like LinkedIn and such where are people going to find IT work postings?

I know a good chunk of this is through word of mouth and knowing people but I don't have that option. I am currently at a point where I feel it maybe time to leave where I am and move to another company.

I have been doing Level 2 and Level 3 stuff for the last 3 years and just feel like where am is becoming stagnant and won't have much in the way of growth.

Mibz
11-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by firebane
I am currently at a point where I feel it maybe time to leave where I am and move to another company. You want to leave your job in the middle of a recession and don't have the benefit of people to recommend you?

Kiiiiinda sounds like you just got fired.

Regardless, just talk to IT recruitment and/or services companies. Without friends, they're the only ones who can help you right now.

firebane
11-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
You want to leave your job in the middle of a recession and don't have the benefit of people to recommend you?

Kiiiiinda sounds like you just got fired.

Regardless, just talk to IT recruitment and/or services companies. Without friends, they're the only ones who can help you right now.

Not fired. Just kind of had a wake up call today and feel that where I am at is not a good fit anymore.

I realize the importance of a job right now with the recession but my sanity needs to be kept in check.

revelations
11-09-2015, 08:40 PM
What about a lateral move - a job where IT isnt 100% of the role maybe :dunno:

The_Penguin
11-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Are you looking for a job with an end-user or a computer company?

If the former, hate to say it, but networking is king, though I landed my job out of the Herald classifieds, just happened upon a great opening.

If the latter, a resume to the usual body shops. The ones that come to mind Compucon, Metafore, Graycon, and SHL, err EDS, err um HP.