PDA

View Full Version : ZR Ferrari F40 for sale

importracer1
11-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Heard ZR needs to free up some cash and guess he's selling his F40. $1.295 Million USD

I always thought there was way more miles on this thing. Dig it without the wrap

http://drizz.ly/711-2/

Darell_n
11-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Is this the one that was full of sea water? Betcha that's not on the sales ad.

88CRX
11-11-2015, 06:40 PM
The ZR Enzo is the one that took the bath.

BensonTT
11-11-2015, 08:29 PM
The interior looks worse then a 84 Celica interior lol

M.alex
11-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by importracer1
Heard ZR needs to free up some cash and guess he's selling his F40. $1.295 Million USD

I always thought there was way more miles on this thing. Dig it without the wrap

http://drizz.ly/711-2/

With how many lambo odos I've heard have been supposedly adjusted over there it wouldn't surprise me.

Alak
11-12-2015, 12:29 AM
I sat in it over a year ago and it had 14700 miles on it then.

Shlade
11-12-2015, 04:48 AM
I wish I wish I wish

black300
11-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Are there many F40's on sale?

I wonder if someone will bite the dust on this one.

Neat car for sure, the price is quite extensive but whoever is going to be an owner of an F40 will not worry about the price.

Keep in mind that is USD! That's over 1.5 Mill CDN. :eek:

EK 2.0
11-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Welp...time to ask for that raise...

bjstare
11-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by black300
Are there many F40's on sale?

I wonder if someone will bite the dust on this one.

Neat car for sure, the price is quite extensive but whoever is going to be an owner of an F40 will not worry about the price.

Keep in mind that is USD! That's over 1.5 Mill CDN. :eek:

Do you mean bite the bullet? If they bite the dust, that means they die, FYI :rofl:

Also, I don't think that price is outrageous. I would love to have the money to own one of these, one of my favorite cars of all time.

black300
11-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

Do you mean bite the bullet? If they bite the dust, that means they die, FYI :rofl:

Well that's what I meant, it an old car and ZR has owned it. Everyone is always seeming to think ZR is shady.

Spending that kind of coin and having a car that is a trouble pit wouldn't be very satisfying.

killramos
11-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Sounds like owning any ferrari

Pacman
11-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Is this the F40 that Zahir was driving when he hit the deer on the highway about 10 years ago?

bjstare
11-12-2015, 09:51 AM

Well that's what I meant, it an old car and ZR has owned it. Everyone is always seeming to think ZR is shady.

Spending that kind of coin and having a car that is a trouble pit wouldn't be very satisfying.

Ah, gotcha.

And yeah, any 20 year old ferrari will be a money pit haha, especially a 20 year old halo car.:dunno:

black300
11-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

Ah, gotcha.

And yeah, any 20 year old ferrari will be a money pit haha, especially a 20 year old halo car.:dunno:

But I still want it! :love:

civic_stylez
11-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Every time I saw that car it was on the side of the road getting flat decked..

you&me
11-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
Is this the F40 that Zahir was driving when he hit the deer on the highway about 10 years ago?

Yes.

The very first time I saw this car was in the back of Maranello; it was missing most of the front end.

When a Classiche'd car with 1/3 of the mileage can be had for ~10% more, that is beyond crack money for a high-mileage, accident history frankentsten of an F40. Or in other words, par for the course for ZR :rofl:

schocker
11-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by you&me
Yes.

The very first time I saw this car was in the back of Maranello; it was missing most of the front end.

When a Classiche'd car with 1/3 of the mileage can be had for ~10% more, that is beyond crack money for a high-mileage, accident history frankentsten of an F40. Or in other words, par for the course for ZR :rofl:
Lol, I figured as much after reading this:

With an asking price of $1.295 Million USD, this one-owner Ferrari F40 is certainly well-priced for the market. With only 15,400 miles on the odometer and an active title, this F40 is certain to impress its next owner.

black300
11-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Maybe it was never filed for an insurance claim instead he just paid outright to get it fixed.

killramos
11-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Over a million dollars for a written off car.

I would just go buy an Italia or something. Or a house.

you&me
11-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Maybe it was never filed for an insurance claim instead he just paid outright to get it fixed.

Originally posted by killramos
Over a million dollars for a written off car.

I don't know the circumstances of how the repair was paid for, but I don't think it was written off.

Regardless, the F40 buyers are a finicky bunch - rightfully so at these elevated prices - and with no shortage of available cars, anything with a less-than-impeccable history could be a tough sell.

Originally posted by killramos
I would just go buy an Italia or something. Or a house.

Or a clean F40.

acedia
11-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Wow. I imagine you'd have to be a real niche collector to spend that kind of money on that car. I can think of so many better ways to drop over a million and a half bucks!

Alak
11-12-2015, 07:20 PM

The deductible on a car of this type is typically higher than the insurance claim. It's often many Ferrari owners experience accidents and never report the damages.

1.2 Million is about par for the course but that doesn't mean he will get that. There are dealerships out there asking 250k USD for a standard 1999 F355 Spider when in reality they are only selling for 100k.

Sugarphreak
11-12-2015, 08:47 PM

94boosted
11-13-2015, 12:10 AM
So much better without that hideous silver/red/grey wrap.

CokerRat
11-13-2015, 10:07 AM
The ad says it's a one-owner car, yet Rana imported it to Canada in 1997. Unless he bought it new in '92 and kept it in the US for 5 years, I can't see how that qualifies as a one-owner car.

Mitsu3000gt
11-13-2015, 10:13 AM
I think this one has been in an accident, and it's modded - no thanks (well, if someone gave it to me then sure haha). This one's been beat pretty hard.

SKR
11-13-2015, 09:41 PM
I don't really know much about this kind of thing, but why is this one worth so much more than the Gas Monkey one? I know the GMG one was really fucked up, and it certainly wasn't restored, but this one has been wrecked and isn't completely original either.

you&me
11-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by SKR
I don't really know much about this kind of thing, but why is this one worth so much more than the Gas Monkey one? I know the GMG one was really fucked up, and it certainly wasn't restored, but this one has been wrecked and isn't completely original either.

The buyer of the gas monkey car was widely regarded as way over-paying.

It too was a wreck, much worse than the Zr car though.

And who says this one is "worth so much more"? ZR can ask $3mm if he wants, but something is only worth what someone will pay.

jacky4566
11-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Can someone explain how this car is "cleared for worldwide sale, and can be registered anywhere in the world."

Would it not still have to go through the regular importation regulations/ emission testing where applicable? What about RHD countries? I suppose when your baller you just pay people and its done :/

Redlyne_mr2
11-14-2015, 10:55 AM
This one is much more original than the GMG one. 1.2CAD isn't a terrible price, you have to remember the market for these cars is typically in USD or Euros. This car will sell, but I still think it's a sub 1M selling price.

you&me
11-16-2015, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
This one is much more original than the GMG one. 1.2CAD isn't a terrible price, you have to remember the market for these cars is typically in USD or Euros. This car will sell, but I still think it's a sub 1M selling price.

That would be a more reasonable price, except that the ZR car is listed at just under $1.3MM US dollars, or over $1.7MM Canadian dollars.

speedog
11-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Man, I am continually learning new things by reading these beyond forums - never in my wildest dreams would I have believed that there were so many F40 experts on these forums or that there were so many that had first hand knowledge of ZR and his vehicles.

I will sleep soundly tonight knowing this, thanks guys.

redline
11-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Man, I am continually learning new things by reading these beyond forums - never in my wildest dreams would I have believed that there were so many F40 experts on these forums or that there were so many that had first hand knowledge of ZR and his vehicles.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D :D :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

importracer1
11-16-2015, 07:21 PM

HAHA that made me laugh. A +++ :rofl:

Next time I'll make sure to ask the experts here at Beyond when I'm in the market for a Ferrari.

rx7_turbo2
11-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Wonder what the motivation behind the sale is? Free up some cash, the price of bedazzled jeans has been on the rise after all ;)

importracer1
11-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Looks like it's up on DuPont Registry now. And would you look at that, it appears Christmas came early for Beyond F40/Ferrari experts because it even provided the VIN # in the ad for you guys to look into it even further if you choose to do so!!! ;)

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/1992/ferrari/f40/1364669

rx7_turbo2
11-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Next time I'll make sure to ask the experts here at Beyond when I'm in the market for a Ferrari.

I don't see anyone pretending to be an expert :dunno: Don't need to be an expert to see what these cars go for and see a premium is being asked here, for a car that's been in an accident and repaired. If you're going to buy an F40 and pay a premium why would you buy this one?

killramos
11-18-2015, 02:17 PM

Well since you seem intent on criticizing people did anyone say anything that wasnt true about the F40, this car, or Zahir Rana lol.

One thing to call people armchair experts when they are spouting nonsense but as far as I can tell these people all have valid points on the topic.

Seems like you are the one who has nothing to add to the conversation.

redbaron303
11-18-2015, 02:22 PM
:banghead:

Alak
11-18-2015, 07:57 PM
I think it's funny that people criticize exotic owners for hard parking their cars and when someone finally comes along that drives the shit out of his factory built race car it's a total write off for some reason.

rx7_turbo2
11-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Alak
I think it's funny that people criticize exotic owners for hard parking their cars and when someone finally comes along that drives the shit out of his factory built race car it's a total write off for some reason.

I don't have any issue with an owner driving the shit out of their Supercar, it's their car to do with what they please. The statement was about how collectors of these cars, who are willing to pay a premium above the normal going rate probably wouldn't consider any car involved in an accident, no matter how first class the repair was.

Is this F40 worth big bucks, well that's relative I suppose, but most would agree yes. Is it worth a healthy premium over cars with lower kms and no accident history? Probably not. But I guess it's worth what someone will pay ultimately so.......

HiTempguy1
11-18-2015, 08:24 PM
drives the shit out of his factory built race car it's a total write off for some reason.

Crashing your car != driving the shit out of it.

Biiiiiiiiit of a difference.

Alak
11-18-2015, 09:23 PM
I agree with you 100% rx7. Watching the Ferrari market is a hobby of mine. The car is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. That is pretty much the number one fact about Ferrari resale. I just find it interesting that everyone is quick to point out the flaws of the ownership because of the source of the sale. Honestly, he can ask whatever he wants for the car. And we'll probably never know what it sold for.

googe
11-18-2015, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by redline

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D :D :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

HAHA that made me laugh. A +++ :rofl:

That would be funny if there weren't actual Ferrari experts posting in this thread...

Instead, it makes you look kinda silly :nut:

speedog
11-18-2015, 11:35 PM
Note that I said F40. Regardless though, I would surmise that many that profess to be F40 or even Ferarri experts really aren't. Someone like rage2, yeah, trying to pull the wool over his eyes on anything Mercedes related would probably be folly. That said, who are the real F40 or for that matter, Ferrari experts in this thread - I'm curious.

rx7_turbo2
11-19-2015, 07:27 AM
That said, who are the real F40 or for that matter, Ferrari experts in this thread - I'm curious.

I still fail to see why you have to be an expert on all things F40 to be able to comment on how it's your opinion that collectors of these cars probably won't be willing to pay a premium for one that's been in an accident :dunno:

Conversation about suspension geometry, engine components etc, sure experts needed. "Hey quickly looking at the market this car looks overpriced considering it was in an accident" Do you really need to be an expert for that?

you&me
11-19-2015, 07:39 AM
...I just find it interesting that everyone is quick to point out the flaws of the ownership because of the source of the sale. Honestly, he can ask whatever he wants for the car. And we'll probably never know what it sold for.

I don't think anyone is pointing out the flaws of the ownership, but the fact is that this car is well-known locally to have been a) driven hard (nothing necessarily wrong with that) and b) been in a major front end collision.

Higher mileage than average + unoriginal modifications (good luck getting the car red booked) + known accident history + above average asking price = tough sell.

You don't need to be an expert (or even pretend to be one) to do that math.

Alak
11-19-2015, 08:05 AM

I don't think anyone is pointing out the flaws of the ownership, but the fact is that this car is well-known locally to have been a) driven hard (nothing necessarily wrong with that) and b) been in a major front end collision.

Higher mileage than average + unoriginal modifications (good luck getting the car red booked) + known accident history + above average asking price = tough sell.

You don't need to be an expert (or even pretend to be one) to do that math.

All Excellent points. What would you think would be a fair asking price and what would you think would be a fair sale price?

rage2
11-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Even a Ferrari expert won't be able to nail down a fair market value. It all depends on who's looking for one at the moment, how much money they have laying around and want to blow on a car, and what other cars are on the market. It fluctuates so wildly and unpredictably that it's impossible to guess what it will sell at.

Just look at all the high end auctions and their estimates, by the time the hammer drops it's either it didn't meet reserve or it's sold at way over the estimates.

Alak
11-19-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm just curious what a good asking price is if 1.3 is too much - based on what we know about the car now. I initially had forgotten it was in an accident.

But I know what you mean rage. I looked at a Testarossa last year for under 100k. Similar cars have a 1 in front of the price less than a year later. But again, asking price versus actual price paid vary greatly.

you&me
11-19-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm just curious what a good asking price is if 1.3 is too much - based on what we know about the car now. I initially had forgotten it was in an accident.

But I know what you mean rage. I looked at a Testarossa last year for under 100k. Similar cars have a 1 in front of the price less than a year later. But again, asking price versus actual price paid vary greatly.

Sometimes it's not about the asking price, because price-conscience shoppers at this level are few and far between... Regardless of the 'attractiveness' of the price, paying for quality will win out 99/100.

As I said in my first post in this thread, there are F40s available that have less than 1/3 of the mileage, with full / clean history and Classiche certification for ~10% more than this car... Let's say $1.45mm US.

Now, I'm not an expert (;) ), but I would guess that with 3x the mileage, unoriginal mods / lack of Classiche and significant accident history, the car should be worth 30%+++ less than the car(s) mentioned above... Give or take, that makes it a million US. And even at that, possibly a tough sell.

I think the "right" buyer for this car is a guy that already has a very nice F40 and wants a second one that he doesn't have to worry about thrashing a bit...

Alak
11-19-2015, 02:31 PM

Sometimes it's not about the asking price, because price-conscience shoppers at this level are few and far between... Regardless of the 'attractiveness' of the price, paying for quality will win out 99/100.

As I said in my first post in this thread, there are F40s available that have less than 1/3 of the mileage, with full / clean history and Classiche certification for ~10% more than this car... Let's say $1.45mm US.

Now, I'm not an expert (;) ), but I would guess that with 3x the mileage, unoriginal mods / lack of Classiche and significant accident history, the car should be worth 30%+++ less than the car(s) mentioned above... Give or take, that makes it a million US. And even at that, possibly a tough sell.

I think the "right" buyer for this car is a guy that already has a very nice F40 and wants a second one that he doesn't have to worry about thrashing a bit...

Thanks for the insight. I would have estimated a sale price much lower than 1M based on what I know about F40 sales, I'm not an expert, and what I know about this car (prior to accident knowledge).

importracer1
11-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by googe

That would be funny if there weren't actual Ferrari experts posting in this thread...

Instead, it makes you look kinda silly :nut:

i didn't know so many beyond members were at the scene of this horrendous accident.

The only damage was to the front splitter, which is why the euro bumper was added. And the windshield wad broken. The accident was never claimed. The fix was to replace the US bumper with the euro spec and replace the windshield.

And as for the mods, I honestly think they look great. :dunno:

you&me
11-23-2015, 10:33 AM
FWIW, there was another modified F40 put for auction last week.

Many experts (yes, real ones) feel the car's sale potential was extremely limited due to the lack of originality and as such was a no-sale at just over $1mm US. And even though it was a supposedly-less-desirable 1990, it had half the mileage and no accident history...

There's also another 1992 F40 for sale in Canada, with far lower mileage and impeccable history... For not much more than the ZR asking price... I wonder which will find a new home first?

cosmok
11-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Is it a feature to be always going at least 10 MPH?

http://drizz.ly/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/MBP_4861.jpg

rage2
11-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Yea, a lot of old school gauges are like that.

98brg2d
11-23-2015, 04:20 PM
For anybody wondering how this car stacks up:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/f40

The article saying the newer cars are more desirable is wrong; non-cat, non-adjustable are generally more desirable than newer catted, adjustable suspension cars. Lots of collectors also won't touch a car without Classiche papers.

you&me
11-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 98brg2d
For anybody wondering how this car stacks up:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/f40

The article saying the newer cars are more desirable is wrong; non-cat, non-adjustable are generally more desirable than newer catted, adjustable suspension cars. Lots of collectors also won't touch a car without Classiche papers.

There are two schools of thought on this. On one hand, the non-cat, non-adjustable cars (I'll do you one more and add the cars with lexan windows) are lighter and supposedly more "pure" and therefore, supposedly more desirable.

On the other hand, anyone that's been up close to an F40 knows that "craftsmanship" and "quality control" were abstract ideas to Italians in that period, so the thought is that the later the car, the better the factory got at clobbering them together.

Additionally, the US cars are all later cars and due to their importation restrictions, the supply is limited and therefore the prices are higher.

If it were my money, I'd happily take a well-maintained, say 30,000 km, original, accident free, early Euro car (non-cat, non-adjust; not sure about the windows).

That being said, there is no doubt that theoretically, the most valuable F40 in the world would be a delivery mileage 1992 US-spec car.

rx7_turbo2
11-23-2015, 06:16 PM

i didn't know so many beyond members were at the scene of this horrendous accident.

The only damage was to the front splitter, which is why the euro bumper was added. And the windshield wad broken. The accident was never claimed. The fix was to replace the US bumper with the euro spec and replace the windshield.

And as for the mods, I honestly think they look great. :dunno:

Right, so it was in an accident, and the mods while you think they look good generally have a negative on resale. Exactly what everyone has been saying lol.

"Don't worry about the premium I'm asking, it was only a small accident that was never claimed and the non original parts that collectors of these cars find less desirable look good so..."

black300
11-23-2015, 07:10 PM
I saw a post on Instagram today by ZR, he is also selling his Ford Raptor that has Velociraptor goodies.

EDIT: http://drizz.ly/hennessey-velociraptor-hpe-600-for-sale/