PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most debt?

Pages : [1] 2

ZenOps
11-12-2015, 11:44 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/seniors-debt-retirement-1.3313348

Ok, so the people who seem to be willing to admit it are usually under $100,000.

But I get the feeling there have to be some near million if not million dollar debts out there. "Friend" is fine, and does your "friend" intend to pay it off or default at some point?

roopi
11-12-2015, 11:47 AM
160k on a LOC. :nut:

Rocket1k78
11-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by roopi
160k on a LOC. :nut:

Stupid yes but I'll bet this is not that uncommon

killramos
11-12-2015, 12:00 PM
I was really hoping this was going to be a poll of beyonders like the who is the most baller poll.

Dissapointed.

phreezee
11-12-2015, 12:00 PM
The government doesn't care about debt, why should you? Who needs to save for retirement anyway with the increases to CPP, we're all set. :rolleyes:

you&me
11-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by killramos
I was really hoping this was going to be a poll of beyonders like the who is the most baller poll.

Dissapointed.

I bet you could just use the same results...

Buster
11-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/seniors-debt-retirement-1.3313348

Ok, so the people who seem to be willing to admit it are usually under $100,000.

But I get the feeling there have to be some near million if not million dollar debts out there. "Friend" is fine, and does your "friend" intend to pay it off or default at some point?

Well, at least we know she didn't spend it at the salon.

Cdog
11-12-2015, 12:14 PM
does debt include mortgage? if so, most of people in major cities will easily have their debt over $500,000

bjstare
11-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by you&me

I bet you could just use the same results...

haha:werd:

killramos
11-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Cdog
does debt include mortgage? if so, most of people in major cities will easily have their debt over $500,000

you think the average person in this country owes more than 500k? You know that probably most of the municipalities in Canada don't even have homes in them that cost more than that?

And that's even with the assumption that the average person owns their 500k+ home by themselves.

Oh yea. No one rents.

Fuck we are deluded in Calgary. :nut:

cosmok
11-12-2015, 12:30 PM
What are tuition rates these days to have $50k in debt after university in Canada? Seems high

killramos
11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by cosmok
What are tuition rates these days to have $50k in debt after university in Canada? Seems high

http://www.registrarsoffice.ualberta.ca/en/Costs-Tuition-Fees/Undergraduate-Tuition/FallWinter-Tuition-for-Canadian-Citizens-and-Permanent-Residents.aspx

here is a good idea. :dunno:

532 per course. 5 course a semester. 8 semesters.

$21,283.2 is what you would actually pay for tuition for a 4 year normal degree.

Books, fees, living expenses on top of that. Also some degrees cost more.

bjstare
11-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Tuition + Books + Room and board + vacations after every semester + buying nice clothes with the change of every season = easily 50k

I dunno when you went to school, but I'm only ~5 years out of Uni and I noticed that most students don't live like students. haha

Nufy
11-12-2015, 12:35 PM
180 K on a LOC/Mortgage...

Then car payments x 2

Nothing else...

pheoxs
11-12-2015, 12:37 PM

Living expenses add up fast. Engineering tuition I think is 8k roughly with books and fees and stuff, then you're probably looking at 10-12k between rent, food, and such living on a tight budget. So 80k over a 4 year period, minus what you make in the summers.

Lots of people will suggest juggling a part time job during school but with some of the programs with higher work loads that is just not feasible to balance and still succeed in school.

http://www.registrarsoffice.ualberta.ca/en/Costs-Tuition-Fees/Undergraduate-Tuition/FallWinter-Tuition-for-Canadian-Citizens-and-Permanent-Residents.aspx

532 per course. 5 course a semester. 8 semesters.

$21,283.2 is what you would actually pay for tuition for a 4 year normal degree.

Books, fees, living expenses on top of that. Also some degrees cost more.

Gotta be careful with this, the fees are almost as much as course tuition nowadays. I think my last semester was 2600 in courses and 1200 in BS fees

cosmok
11-12-2015, 12:37 PM

Looks like it is $5,772 per year on average, if you don't work much during the four years and had no savings going in, that number seems about right.

killramos
11-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Its funny, every person i know who complains about their student loans never worked a single day during their 4 years. Because you know students need a break for the summer and heaven forbid working an evening job during the school term.

lol

killramos
11-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs

Gotta be careful with this, the fees are almost as much as course tuition nowadays. I think my last semester was 2600 in courses and 1200 in BS fees

oh for sure, i was just trying to answer his tuition question. I did mention fees but trying to quantify them is pretty vain as they very so significantly.

nzwasp
11-12-2015, 12:47 PM
$530k on mortgage
$15k on car loan

thats it.

ExtraSlow
11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Didn't we have a "net debt" thread earlier in the year?
Then we argued about mortgages and if they were somehow different from consumer debt, than we argued about "smart debt", and nobody won. Many people just complained that they were doing fine on the way they chose to compare things. or cried.:cry: :cry:

I still say that water displacement is a fairer measurement than just length alone. :bigpimp:

BTW, what I recall from those threads, was that I'm not doing that well, :whipped:

vengie
11-12-2015, 12:49 PM
$50k in debt after post secondary... Come on, get a job, work part time, sacrifice your summers and put in 12+ hours in a physically demanding job. You won't have that debt when you are finished. Yes it sucks, and you sacrifice a lot, but life isn't easy and you won't be starting yours with a massive debt cloud looming over your head.

Its the same story with people I went to school with, they would blow $100-$200 a night at the bar, always have new clothes, laptop, accessories etc... and then complain about being in debt and how tuition rates are too high. I would roll my eyes and laugh as I went to work instead of the bar, actually I went to the bar also, as I was a bartender/ truck driver through post secondary.

haggis88
11-12-2015, 01:04 PM
My apprenticeship also required me to achieve a Higher Diploma, so I have zero student debt from the get-go as the company paid the whole thing

I have 1/2 of a 300k mortgage and 1/2 of a 45k truck as far as debt goes :)

A790
11-12-2015, 01:06 PM
About $950k in mortgages, another $75k in car loans, and $17k on a LOC.

revelations
11-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
I dunno when you went to school, but I'm only ~5 years out of Uni and I noticed that most students don't live like students. haha

Originally posted by vengie

Its the same story with people I went to school with, they would blow $100-$200 a night at the bar, always have new clothes, laptop, accessories etc... and then complain about being in debt and how tuition rates are too high. I would roll my eyes and laugh as I went to work instead of the bar, actually I went to the bar also, as I was a bartender/ truck driver through post secondary.

:werd: Students are apparently now "entitled" to have +1000$ smart phones, LED TVs and ipads.

Back when I was in school, I saved 50$ a month in student parking by walking an extra 5 minutes, borrowed WIFI from a neighbour, worked my entire summer break (save for 2 weeks) and allowed myself a fancy dinner ONCE a year. I also drove an old truck and chose a non-fancy apartment in a non-fancy area.

I ended up with more Student Loans than I actually needed - so I put the extra into my condo downpayment .... instead of a new car.

Its not just students though.....many people cant comprehend the notion of not living beyond their means.

Skyline_Addict
11-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by A790
About $950k in mortgages, another $75k in car loans, and $17k on a LOC.

I don't mean to pry, but how do you have $75K in car loans if the cars listed in "What I Drive" are current?

pheoxs
11-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Since were playing, 320k mortgage, 8k left on my car but at 0% not really in a hurry to pay that off

Cdog
11-12-2015, 01:18 PM
2.3m mortgage. no other debt

ExtraSlow
11-12-2015, 01:19 PM
My debts are easy to calculate, since the only thing I owe money on is my house. Own about half of it, the bank owns the rest. No car payments, although if you've seen what I drive, that's no surprise . . . .

ercchry
11-12-2015, 01:19 PM
I feel like im doing something wrong after reading this thread :rofl:

Maybe i should get a heloc and a new car or two

riander5
11-12-2015, 01:23 PM
4.5 million mortgage, 160k car loans, 95k HELOC

XylathaneGTR
11-12-2015, 01:25 PM
270k mortgage and no other debt.

Buster
11-12-2015, 01:25 PM
I hate personal debt.

I'm a bit under-housed, I think. Our place is relatively modest.

But no mortgage and no car payments is the way I like it.

Some of my businesses have debt on their books, but that's different. heh.

A790
11-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

I don't mean to pry, but how do you have $75K in car loans if the cars listed in "What I Drive" are current?
I purchased company vehicles that are reflected on my credit bureau and thus were included. The company pays for the cars but the debt is still ultimately mine.

ae92gts
11-12-2015, 01:31 PM
about $300k left on my mortgage and $5k left on a CC (still paying for my wedding that was 3 years ago lol)

My newest car was paid off 2 years ago.

ExtraSlow
11-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by riander5
4.5 million mortgage, 160k car loans, 95k HELOC I don't want to be premature, but I think riander5 wins.

max_boost
11-12-2015, 01:43 PM
I wanted so badly to be mortgage free when I bought and sold but my marth was off. I sold my house for 10% less than what I thought it would go. It's okay, I took the Beyond advice and "invested it" hoping the market can beat the 2.5% over the next 5 years and leave me :bigpimp:

Kloubek
11-12-2015, 01:45 PM
200k remaining on the mortgage.

Cars are paid for. No other debt, and about 200k in RRSPs/Pension plan.

Buster
11-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I wanted so badly to be mortgage free when I bought and sold but my marth was off. I sold my house for 10% less than what I thought it would go. It's okay, I took the Beyond advice and "invested it" hoping the market can beat the 2.5% over the next 5 years and leave me :bigpimp:

Your hurdle rate is not the same as the difference to your mortgage rate.

You will almost certainly make bank on the avoidance of the opportunity cost of a depreciating house.

theken
11-12-2015, 01:52 PM
214k mortgage left about 20k in loc that's it

max_boost
11-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Buster

Your hurdle rate is not the same as the difference to your mortgage rate.

You will almost certainly make bank on the avoidance of the opportunity cost of a depreciating house. Every time I read one of your posts I have to google some of the words lol

Feruk
11-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Zero debt for me... Then again unlike most of the real estate gurus on Beyond making mad profits, we rent.

Originally posted by Cdog
I think $500K is a pretty high estimate... I think the real number's probably far closer to under $100K when you consider all the people without mortgages.

Swank
11-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I could pay off my mortgage with my money tied up in investments, but I'll make more on the investments than I'd save on interest on the mortgage - I'm guessing that's what is meant by smart debt? Outside of that I don't owe a dime, I couldn't imagine owing a truckload at 50, ugh.

max_boost
11-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Swank
I could pay off my mortgage with my money tied up in investments, but I'll make more on the investments than I'd save on interest on the mortgage - I'm guessing that's what is meant by smart debt? Outside of that I don't owe a dime, I couldn't imagine owing a truckload at 50, ugh. :werd: That's the Beyond way. Our investments > mortgage. We could also pay cash for our cars but we write off our leased Benz/BMW's/Audi's etc. :werd:

NoPulp
11-12-2015, 02:51 PM
In a couple weeks.... $0
Adios student loan.

But I also don't own much. :cry:

killramos
11-12-2015, 02:56 PM
lol is counting how much debt people have the beyond pissing contest of the week?

Im trying to figure out which one people are bragging about more though. Tons of debt, or none lol.

max_boost
11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
lol is counting how much debt people have the beyond pissing contest of the week?

Im trying to figure out which one people are bragging about more though. Tons of debt, or none lol. Just play along :D

msommers
11-12-2015, 03:20 PM
I decided to take out students loans. Actually got denied twice because I previously made too much money but finally got in after I showed long-term decrease in money if I don't work.

I figure if the government wants to give me 30K interest free for two years and I pay it back right away, plus get partial foregiveness at the end, why not.

Other than that I have the mortgage on my condo and that's it.

roopi
11-12-2015, 04:10 PM

Im trying to figure out which one people are bragging about more though. Tons of debt, or none lol.

I'd say the person(s) who posted mortgage debt of over 2 million are most likely referring to some type of real estate that is not a primary residence. Good income generating properties such as commercial or multi tenant. IMO good investments :thumbsup:

roopi
11-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Other than that I have the mortgage on my condo and that's it.

You can get a student loan when you own your own residence?

msommers
11-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Apparently so. The difference for my situation might be that I don't live in it, rather I'm renting that condo out and rent a condo in a different city.

spike98
11-12-2015, 04:20 PM
$520k mortgage primary residence
$180K mortgage rental property
$80K vehicle loans
$50k LOC

Total $730k

A790
11-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp
In a couple weeks.... $0
Adios student loan.

But I also don't own much. :cry:
Having no debt and no savings makes you richer than most of the people around. :)

roopi
11-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Having no debt and no savings makes you richer than most of the people around. :)

http://www.scotiabank.com/mobile/images/yrtyt_en.png

Rocket1k78
11-12-2015, 06:03 PM

There was a news story that said if you have no debt and $10 cash you were well ahead of most people.

Brent.ff
11-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Its funny, every person i know who complains about their student loans never worked a single day during their 4 years. Because you know students need a break for the summer and heaven forbid working an evening job during the school term.

lol

Ding ding

FixedGear
11-12-2015, 06:51 PM
I have zero debt, just money in savings and investments. I attribute it to thrifty living - I don't have children and live below my means. I've never been one to spend money on stuff I don't need. :dunno:

Tik-Tok
11-12-2015, 08:34 PM

A lot of Syrians who are richer than me are about to show up. Damn Richers.

FraserB
11-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Currently zero, but I just bought a house, so it will be a bunch soon.

Black Gts
11-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Hmm. 320k total. Truck, house, and a consolidation loan.. I like this thread iIneed to stress less.

Sugarphreak
11-12-2015, 08:45 PM

Strider
11-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by spike98
$520k mortgage primary residence
$180K mortgage rental property
$80K vehicle loans
$50k LOC

Total $730k

You'd be better off having more debt on the rental property and less on your primary residence, but I guess it'd take jumping through quite a few hoops to get there now that you already own both.

03ozwhip
11-13-2015, 10:43 AM
22k car debt and that's it for now. Once my house is built that will change. Living with the in laws FTW lol

killramos
11-13-2015, 10:48 AM
i don't really understand this whole argument of if you have 10 dollars and no debt then you are richer than the average person?

I imagine that almost everyone who is posting on here with their debt has assets that by and large exceed their debt levels. Probably by a lot.

Do people really think that if you own a $1 million dollar home, and have a 200k mortgage on it that you are worse off than someone who who lives in a box and has a 20 in their wallet?

Or is there some kind of ridiculous assumption that everyone is underwater on their mortgages or something?

I don't get it.

KO22
11-13-2015, 10:49 AM
$0, life of a single, middle twenties mortgage free guy working in O&G lol. :thumbsup:

Then again, I sold my nice car to buy a POS before the downturn that I decided to keep haha

A790
11-13-2015, 11:23 AM
i don't really understand this whole argument of if you have 10 dollars and no debt then you are richer than the average person?

I imagine that almost everyone who is posting on here with their debt has assets that by and large exceed their debt levels. Probably by a lot.

Do people really think that if you own a $1 million dollar home, and have a 200k mortgage on it that you are worse off than someone who who lives in a box and has a 20 in their wallet?

Or is there some kind of ridiculous assumption that everyone is underwater on their mortgages or something?

I don't get it.
Most people, when their assets and liabilities are put on a ledger, would come out red. That's where the saying comes from.

So, you have the Smith family. They have a house worth $500k that they bought last year w/ 5% down. So, they start of their loan at $475k and maybe made a $12k dent in the principle year one. They owe $463k on the house.

They own two cars, each financed, for a total balance of $50,000 in car loans.

They owe $3,000 on various credit cards.

They nearly wiped out their savings when they bought the house, leaving just $5,000.

Their total net worth is -$11,000.

This scenario is far more common than a lot of people realize.

killramos
11-13-2015, 11:29 AM
i guess i just have more faith in people not being completely retarded than most.

:dunno:

pheoxs
11-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Yeah, cars are a big part of that. Go and buy a 30k car and its worth 25k the next day. Even with super low interest rates you're playing catchup for years so its a net liability rather than an asset. Plus credit card debt and student loans on top of that.

A house is the same initially. If you buy with 5% down, you are underwater on day 1 between CMHC fees and the realtor fees if you try and sell. It takes a couple years to get enough equity to be ahead on your house unless you come in with a larger downpayment which unfortunately most people dont.

A790
11-13-2015, 11:35 AM
i guess i just have more faith in people not being completely retarded than most.

:dunno:
Guy, the brutal savings rate in our country, along with our ballooning debt, is all over the news and has been for years.

Most people are completely retarded with respect to their finances.

Hell, a good friend of mine purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee and traded it in for a new one that had a V6. Before they did it they asked me about it and I let them know they were looking at an overall loss of approximately $12,000 on the deal as well as being underwater for at least four years.

They still did it.

They STILL did it. What?

Most people are exactly as dumb as you fear they are.

HiTempguy1
11-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Debt is a great tool, I've leveraged it to be extremely helpful in my life already at the age of 27, without debt/access to credit, there are so many things I've done in my life that just wouldn't have been possible.

At the end of the day though, I think gross income across all salary/payments/investments to you is the best way to discuss "wealth" up to a certain age (say 50). Your expenses and life change drastically around that time and debt levels typically tend to start dropping rapidly as you start to prepare for retirement.

pheoxs
11-13-2015, 12:04 PM

Guy, the brutal savings rate in our country, along with our ballooning debt, is all over the news and has been for years.

Most people are completely retarded with respect to their finances.

Hell, a good friend of mine purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee and traded it in for a new one that had a V6. Before they did it they asked me about it and I let them know they were looking at an overall loss of approximately $12,000 on the deal as well as being underwater for at least four years.

They still did it.

They STILL did it. What?

Most people are exactly as dumb as you fear they are.

Its amazing how often this happens. My coworker traded his civic in for a dart, I asked why he didnt just sell his civic, he said he owed more than it was worth so he had to trade it in, but they gave him a really good deal. Now its 1 year later and he hates his dart and is looking at trading it in again and just rolling it over into the next vehicle ... wtf :banghead:

Tik-Tok
11-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Coworker did the same with 3 Kia's :nut: Piling on the debt from one to the next. In the end she was paying for the most expensive Kia Soul in North America, and was probably making the same payments as a K900.

A790
11-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs

Its amazing how often this happens. My coworker traded his civic in for a dart, I asked why he didnt just sell his civic, he said he owed more than it was worth so he had to trade it in, but they gave him a really good deal. Now its 1 year later and he hates his dart and is looking at trading it in again and just rolling it over into the next vehicle ... wtf :banghead:
I've got negative equity in my current Jeep and that SOB isn't going anywhere until it's paid for.

I heard the finance manager at Courtesy say "it's okay, everyone has negative equity these days." Nothing about that is okay...

Tarrantula
11-13-2015, 12:18 PM
13K on a car loan. Thats it :)

CompletelyNumb
11-13-2015, 12:28 PM
I downsized severely this summer thanks to the oil crash. Sold most my assets, renting a smaller place, got a cheap rig rocket.

Technically I'm debt free personally. Still a sizable chunk in corporate debt though.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-13-2015, 12:32 PM
$192k mortgage for me but that's it. Both vehicles paid off, don't use my credit card, money in long term savings and RRSPs.

Feels good man.

pheoxs
11-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
money in long term savings and RRSPs.

Feels good man.

I always forget about my RRSPs, maxed my contributions because work matches 1:1 and always forget about those, guess I'm doing better than I previously though.

Cos
11-13-2015, 01:03 PM

max_boost
11-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Next up. Screen shot your investment portfolio. :rofl: :thumbsup:

Strider
11-13-2015, 01:39 PM

The demographic on here is very far from the average Canadian. But even then, you have the guy that's trading in 2 newish cars with $20k(!) worth of negative equity into a brand new $60k truck with all the bells and whistles... And there's the guy a while back who was asking about debt consolidation while refusing to sell a vehicle that he was still making payments on but not driving.

Zhao Kan
11-13-2015, 01:52 PM

I've got negative equity in my current Jeep and that SOB isn't going anywhere until it's paid for.

I heard the finance manager at Courtesy say "it's okay, everyone has negative equity these day." Nothing about that is okay...

Agreed, but it is true for most people. I'm baffled by how little people understand numbers.

They hear, 'we are paying your previous loan off on your trade in' and instantly think omg we are pulling a fast one, they are going to eat that 20g in debt and all we have to do is buy this new car, win win!!!!!.... Idiots. Some people don't get it until the 4th time they try to do it and you need tobreak the news to them that they owe 65g on a car worth at best 20g, but really only 12 on trade... And it's financed for 6 decades at 4000%.

The biggest surprise selling cars was how many people that were loaded could barely finance a ham sandwich. The worst was 2 crane operators who made 350k and 250k each, and they had trouble financing a 30g used Audi.... 600k a year and you're financing 30g a car at 10% plus? Jesus...

03ozwhip
11-13-2015, 01:53 PM
I almost was one of those retards just a few days ago. I was thinking real hard about a Golf R and so I talked to redlyne_Mr2 and I was going to trade in the 335.

He pretty well talked me out of it, so I really appreciated that, even though I really want one lol I just didn't want to go further into debt when my car is still worth keeping.

killramos
11-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Sometimes the toughest and most important decisions to make are the thankless do nothing ones.

Congrats on keeping a level head bud.

A790
11-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Sometimes the toughest and most important decisions to make are the thankless do nothing ones.
I can think of several situations where if I had done nothing I'd be way further ahead now. :(

InRich
11-13-2015, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Next up. Screen shot your investment portfolio. :rofl: :thumbsup:

you sure do talk alot of shit, for not posting anything legit yourself. ;) still waiting for my pepper squid to be delivered in a Porsche :D

you&me
11-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by InRich

you sure do talk alot of shit, for not posting anything legit yourself. ;) still waiting for my pepper squid to be delivered in a Porsche :D

LOL, you sure right there, InRich. Come on, Max ;)

Off topic - Rich, I notice that you've updated your profile and now drive "super car(s)" (sic).

Congrats! When did you upgrade from the Corvette and M-sport X5?

InRich
11-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by you&me

LOL, you sure right there, InRich. Come on, Max ;)

Off topic - Rich, I notice that you've updated your profile and now drive "super car(s)" (sic).

Congrats! When did you upgrade from the Corvette and M-sport X5?

First off. I just bought a brand new X5M, the legit one. so.... almost 600HP... 4 sec 0 - 60. so..... in other words fastest SUV on the planet...

Second off. The corvette is the 427 collector edition from 2013. 505 HP and a 0 - 60 in 3.7. If that doesn't classify these two as super cars I dunno what does. I consider a z06 a super car. So why wouldn't mine be? same engine. Their even classified as a super car in the manual.

Third off. er thats all I got... buuuuut I am also a troll, so. and! I have a third car coming in as we speak, should have it next week Thursday. :burnout:

CompletelyNumb
11-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Doesn't a 3 second 0 - 60 classify a supercar?

Sugarphreak
11-14-2015, 01:42 PM

ercchry
11-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Not agreeing with inrich at all... but i think hypercar fits those terms better... but a super car, well it must be a car first and foremost... and exclusive, vette and gt-r have always been poorman super cars imho

Sugarphreak
11-14-2015, 01:55 PM

killramos
11-14-2015, 01:56 PM

First off. I just bought a brand new X5M, the legit one. so.... almost 600HP... 4 sec 0 - 60. so..... in other words fastest SUV on the planet.

5 second search shows Porsches Cayenne Turbo S is 3.8s, so no. Not the fastest SUV on the planet.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayenne/cayenne-turbo-s/

Nice try though. Stil neither of those are supercars. As neither of them are cars. You can call it a racetruck or something lol.

Second off. The corvette is the 427 collector edition from 2013. 505 HP and a 0 - 60 in 3.7. If that doesn't classify these two as super cars I dunno what does. I consider a z06 a super car. So why wouldn't mine be? same engine. Their even classified as a super car in the manual.

The only corvette that has a chance of being a supercar is the ZR1.

Your corvette might be a fast car, but it's far to common a sight to be a super car. A supercar stands out and is the pinnacle of its technology. The 427 convertible is just a ragtop with to much displacement.

Anyone can call anything a supercar, it's not like its a legally defined term. If you have to work so hard to convince people your car is a supercar though, do you really think it is one? A supercar speaks for itself and needs no boasting from the owners to solidify that reputation.

blairtruck
11-14-2015, 02:26 PM
my pickup truck has a 4.21 0-60 according to timeslip calculators.
does that make my 14 year old f150 a super car?

kobe tai
11-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Mortgage on primary house - $200K
Mortgage on rental house - $100K
So $300K total debt.

Rocket1k78
11-14-2015, 03:32 PM

Anyone can call anything a supercar, it's not like its a legally defined term. If you have to work so hard to convince people your car is a supercar though, do you really think it is one? A supercar speaks for itself and needs no boasting from the owners to solidify that reputation.

I'm newish here and i dont think ive seen any other member try so hard to impress. I know most act different on the net and i hope this is his case because i would rather be friends with a volleyball if i had to choose between rich:nut:

roopi
11-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
my pickup truck has a 4.21 0-60 according to timeslip calculators.
does that make my 14 year old f150 a super car?

That would be a super truck!

muse017
11-14-2015, 04:57 PM
House 350k
Business 1.5mil
Just sold one of the business so 850k in cash just sitting in my account.

btimbit
11-14-2015, 06:26 PM
Total debt at the moment is $137 on the ol' Visa, that's it that's all. Other than that I drive a 11 year old truck and rent a shithole townhouse in a crappy part of town.:werd:

Within the next year or so I plan on getting a new truck and a mortgage, so I'll just HELOC the shit out of it and join the Beyond Baller crowd. But until then my debt is essentially zero.

eblend
11-16-2015, 07:40 PM

lol

Ditto on this. Worked every weekend and got out of uni debt free.

I got about 60k in debt left on the house, and that's all.

suntan
12-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Mortgage - $177K
Fiesta - $1100
Bought Santa Fe XL in August - $37K

Whatever crumbs I have on the Visa. Bought some batteries on Amazon last week :rofl:

tcon
12-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Zero debt crew right hurr