PDA

View Full Version : CalgarySS gets shafted .....

Pages : [1] 2

CalgarySS
03-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Here is a link to another board where the conversation has continued.

I post this only to show the recourse that people have when buying used vehicles. Not to stir up trouble.

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=17415.0

The situation is still in progress. I will keep everyone informed.

Here is a link to the locked topic if anyone missed it.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39184

rage2
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Good luck. Keep me posted with any updates.

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 08:08 PM
why you posting this again...sure he sold yeah a car that broke down...its his fault as much as it is yours....if it was me i would have had it checked out by 3-4 different shops...what u expect for 3000!!!

jdmakkord
03-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
why you posting this again...sure he sold yeah a car that broke down...its his fault as much as it is yours....if it was me i would have had it checked out by 3-4 different shops...what u expect for 3000!!!

He got scammed by some punk ass!!! Almost happened to me too, but I walked away.

Ben
03-14-2004, 08:11 PM

He expects it to work as it was advertised it should. If someone says your Big Mac is supposed to come with Beef, and it doesn't, it just comes with a bun, are you gonna go up and get them to make you another one? Or are you just gonna say "Fuck It" cause it was only 4 bucks, and what can you expect for 4 bucks?

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 08:12 PM
i dont understand how he got scammed.....i mean why wasnt the car looked over by a shop..of the buyers choice?

Gonthro
03-14-2004, 08:18 PM
i dont understand how he got scammed.....i mean why wasnt the car looked over by a shop..of the buyers choice?

you gonna spend $60-$100 on every single car you look at? especially when you do have some mechanical knowhow...

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 08:31 PM
yeah i actually i would......i mean if i go look at 10 cars chances are ill be able to say i like this one the best....and from there id get a shop to look at it....ive bought a car used long ago and i was a little foolish trusting this guy......turned out it had a cracked head....the car was sold as is.....so not much i could do.....when buying a used car everyone shold have a shop look at it..unless there is some sort of balance on the warrenty..

sucks that he just spent 3k for a car and it broke down...but if he was a weeee bit smarter he wouldnt be in the mess.....there isnt a whole lot he can do either..i mean take him to small claims court....the judge will ask that same queation...was the car sold as is..and why did you have it checked out by a shop??

962 kid
03-14-2004, 08:41 PM
as far as I know, you pretty much bought the item by description, trusting the seller as to whether or not the item corresponded to the advertisement. also, you noticed it within a reasonable amount of time AFAIK, so this leaves you with several remedies;

1 - recession of contract (return it)
2 - awarding of damages (court)
3 - ordering of specific performance (you get what you paid for, ie he takes it and makes it as advertised)

CelicaST-162
03-14-2004, 08:42 PM

3000 dollars is a lot of money, sure if it was for 500-1000 dollars whatever. But for 3000 is the right price for a good decent car. Like mentioned before wasnt "as advertised".

Khyron
03-14-2004, 08:44 PM
I read the novel, and while it does suck, unless there's something else I missed, it's not the sellers fault. If he forged work records, or something like that, maybe you have a chance. Otherwise, it's your fault.

I mean, pretend it was your mom or someone that doesn't know shit about cars. They'd say what work was done (or not, they don't have to say shit) was done, they might say tune up when they meant oil change. If there was a tranny problem that they got fixed quick and dirty, are they obligated to tell you? No, because it's working when they sold it.

For every seller than doesn't know shit selling bad cars, there's other sellers selling a gold mine for peanuts. If you can't afford to eat the loss, there's no excuse to not check it out.

Shit, my friend sold me his Lebaron - 2 months later I had a 1500 dollar tranny problem. Is that his fault? Hell no. If that tranny had gone the next DAY, it wouldn't be his fault.

Khyron

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 08:50 PM
there called laten and paten defects...sure the seller shold disclose the information....but the buyer should have also gotten it looked at......id be mad to if it happned to me...and i do think its shit....but if things were done a lil different things might have come to this!!

szw
03-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Ben

He expects it to work as it was advertised it should. If someone says your Big Mac is supposed to come with Beef, and it doesn't, it just comes with a bun, are you gonna go up and get them to make you another one? Or are you just gonna say "Fuck It" cause it was only 4 bucks, and what can you expect for 4 bucks?

Originally posted by Ben
If people are too damn stupid and fall for someones misrepresentation on buying a car, and they dont look into it and they think they bought something they didn't then they deserve to get ripped off. This is a buyer beware society and if someone of a larger intelligence dupes someone of a lesser to buy an inferior product without having it inspected, good for them, darwinism at its best!

:dunno:

Weapon_R
03-14-2004, 09:51 PM
It's going to be VERY interesting to see what CalgarySS can make out of this. Hopefully you will keep us updated.

From what we grew up to understand, writing those famous 4 letters on a bill of sale meant that the new owner was responsible for any problems (AS IS).

Today, AS IS no longer means what a lot of people think - and whatever comes out of this is sure to help others with the same kind of issues - and we see it often.

Redlyne_mr2
03-14-2004, 10:15 PM
As is no longer has the meaning it once had. Im not sure what the used motor vehicle laws are like in Alberta but in Ontario it's illeagle to sell a vehicle as is. It must be ready for the road and pass all emissions right from the sale. If the vehicle is being sold for parts then the seller and the buyer must be in perfect agreement that the car will not be sold to be road worthy

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
As is no longer has the meaning it once had. Im not sure what the used motor vehicle laws are like in Alberta but in Ontario it's illeagle to sell a vehicle as is. It must be ready for the road and pass all emissions right from the sale. If the vehicle is being sold for parts then the seller and the buyer must be in perfect agreement that the car will not be sold to be road worthy

show me what part of the ACT says that...?

ShOwOfF
03-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
as far as I know, you pretty much bought the item by description, trusting the seller as to whether or not the item corresponded to the advertisement. also, you noticed it within a reasonable amount of time AFAIK, so this leaves you with several remedies;

1 - recession of contract (return it)
2 - awarding of damages (court)
3 - ordering of specific performance (you get what you paid for, ie he takes it and makes it as advertised)

Basically sounds like 'Fraudulent Misrepresentation', in which case the courts may repudiate the contract, or award damages like 962 said.

Ben
03-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by szw

:dunno:

Whats wrong with what I wrote? I never said Calgary SS was in the right, however even though he fucked up, he does have the right to go back and ask for a refund/exchange. Now whether that is granted is another thing.

legendboy
03-14-2004, 10:30 PM
I guess nobody has ever heard of AMVIC. "Sold AS-IS" doesn't mean what you all think it means. Especially if someone is curbing cars.............

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 10:33 PM
man if there was no contract hes fuked...i mean if there is somehting stating car has no problems...running 100%..then maybe then i could get his money back....but....if there was no contract just a bill of sale its his word agaisnt the sellers....i mean the seller can just say well i told him its a used car...and used cars have problems...hate to say it,,, but i dont think hes gonna get anyting out of this....take the loss fix the car and move on

Redlyne_mr2
03-14-2004, 10:40 PM

show me what part of the ACT says that...?
I've got my OMVIC licensing, I know the laws here, there's my proof

Originally posted by legendboy
I guess nobody has ever heard of AMVIC. "Sold AS-IS" doesn't mean what you all think it means. Especially if someone is curbing cars.............
Im assuming the laws are failry similar in AB then too

962 kid
03-14-2004, 10:43 PM
man if there was no contract hes fuked...i mean if there is somehting stating car has no problems...running 100%..then maybe then i could get his money back....but....if there was no contract just a bill of sale its his word agaisnt the sellers....i mean the seller can just say well i told him its a used car...and used cars have problems...hate to say it,,, but i dont think hes gonna get anyting out of this....take the loss fix the car and move on

just because there was no contract, it doesnt mean that the seller is void of all responsibility. there are certain implied conditions and warranties that apply to ALL sales, verbal or on paper and they state that 'that the goods supplied correspond to the descriptions provided.' CalgarySS is not at fault at all, he decided not to get the car checked out be cause he trusted the seller, that doesnt mean that if it is a lemon or whatever, hes out 3000 dollars

legendboy
03-14-2004, 10:47 PM

I've got my OMVIC licensing, I know the laws here, there's my proof

Im assuming the laws are failry similar in AB then too

probably, maybe minor diffrerences. I am amvic certified untill the end of this year. all this guy has to do is make a complaint and wait for the shit to fly :dunno: but it seems that eveyone here is an expert......and nothing will probably ever get done about it.

Khyron
03-14-2004, 10:51 PM
The seller could say "Yep, Jim Carrey owned this car, and screwed Jennifer right on this here seat, and then Carlos the diamond smuggler took possesion, blah blah" - if it's not in writing, it doesn't matter.

Khyron

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 10:53 PM

just because there was no contract, it doesnt mean that the seller is void of all responsibility. there are certain implied conditions and warranties that apply to ALL sales, verbal or on paper and they state that 'that the goods supplied correspond to the descriptions provided.' CalgarySS is not at fault at all, he decided not to get the car checked out be cause he trusted the seller, that doesnt mean that if it is a lemon or whatever, hes out 3000 dollars

hahahah funny tell a judge that "he decided not to get the car checked out cause he trusted the seller" hahahahah ....so if i bought a bunch of drugs off a drig dealer and on the way home i got pulled over.....can i say the dealer said i woundt get caught and i trusted him?

man in a perfect world the sell would offer to help fix the car...since there both at fault....but its not...so move on

962 kid
03-14-2004, 10:59 PM

hahahah funny tell a judge that "he decided not to get the car checked out cause he trusted the seller" hahahahah ....so if i bought a bunch of drugs off a drig dealer and on the way home i got pulled over.....can i say the dealer said i woundt get caught and i trusted him?

man in a perfect world the sell would offer to help fix the car...since there both at fault....but its not...so move on

umm, what does that have to do with what I said?

yes, he should've gotten the car checked out, but if he doesnt and decides to buy it anyways, hes not SOL. thats why these acts were put into place, to stop stuff like this from happening

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 11:00 PM
cause man...there has to be some sort of contract signed by the buyer and selling ...that verifies the cars condition....without that the buyers fuked...shoulda protected himself..been smart and not trusted anyone selling a used car..i mean comeone...whos that dumb!!

962 kid
03-14-2004, 11:03 PM
cause man...there has to be some sort of contract signed by the buyer and selling ...that verifies the cars condition....without that the buyers fuked...shoulda protected himself..been smart and not trusted anyone selling a used car..i mean comeone...whos that dumb!!

there doesnt have to be a contract, although it helps, the thread that showed what was being advertised is good enough. If it says that the car runs great and just got a tune up and these werent done, then the seller is at fault. whether or not it was a dumb idea

Redlyne_mr2
03-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Im wondering why MK3HKS hasnt posted any remarks in his defense? If he isn't at fault then there wouldnt be any need for threads such as these and calgary ss and himself would have worked this out amongst themselves

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 11:06 PM
hahaha what u think the judge is gonna alow the beyond conversation in court hahahaha, whos to say that wasnt someone else talk on there....the guys fuked..it sucks bad..but hes not gonna get a dime....it was his STUPID fault for not getting the car checked..end of storey...and thats just what a judge will say!!

daeym
03-14-2004, 11:08 PM
nice another seller scams buyer story i have read...... it all ends the same way...... they get mad and demands retribution which in most cases they don't get..... so they're stuck wid the junk...... sure u can do all those legal things and blame the seller..... another (should've/would've/could've) deal ...... my advice is learn from this so that it won't happen to u again.... learn how to check a car yourself b4 buying/ ask your friends/ ask your mechanic(which most of them don't tell u shiet unless u pay them) but ask anyways maybe he'll tell u (might get lucky)

here's some tips i've done when i'm checkin a car (this only some i might learn more along the way but this is what i know rite now)

(this is not in order)

1. open the oil cap and stick your finger in and feel the top part of the engine ( if u see a milkshake like liquid then the engine is bad)
2. still wid the cap open , start the engine , put your palm on top of the hole , da oil will spatter , then u can check your palm for the oil.... u can tell if it's burnin oil and if there's small particles in the engine.... then either that engine is bad or it's gonna be bad soon.
3. check the wires under the hood...... u won't be able to check the sparkplugs on the spot but take the wires off and if it's not soaked in oil then it's good...... ( oh yeah be sure u do this after u started the car.)
4. to check the spark plug wires / also the distributor ( keep the car on ) unplug it from the engine and put the wire on the engines cover......... ur suppose to hear a clicking noise then dat means it's good..... check all four..... or how many those things are in the car your checking.
5. check radiator...... (which i neglected to do wid the car i bought last year... but it was as is so doesn't matter)
6. when u test drive the car make sure all the components work.
7. check the frame underneath
8. check the tip of the muffler ( if there is oil residue on the tip then the engine is either bad or gonna be bad soon)
9. ask specific question like; when was the last time it had a tune up ? or when was the last oil change/ lube change ?
10. check the cv joint's if their torn
11. check tires if they're worn...... if they are check which side so u'll kno if the alignment is fuked.
12. (damn too much/ i never new i checked all this really but i check all the important ones) finally... check the papers..... check if they're really the owner..... if they're sellin for someone then ask for the license of the one who owns the car and check the signature and name. check past records and reciepts if they claim that they did all the things that they said recently....

i hope this helps.... it's for next time u guys buy a car...... ( if i decribe some things bad sorry i'm really bad on describing) hehehe

holla

Redlyne_mr2
03-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Here are some AMVIC laws , now it states automotive business unfortunately I cant seem to find any info related to private sales however I believe there are both the same under the eyes of the law
The term “as-is” is often inserted into a bill of sale to protect an automotive business selling a used vehicle against claims made respecting the condition of the vehicle. A person buying a vehicle in an “as-is” condition is led to believe they are waiving any claims they may have in the event the vehicle being purchased is defective. Although an “as-is” provision may offer some protection against liability to an automotive business, the use of such a provision does not relieve an automotive business from its obligations to consumers under the Fair Trading Act. An automotive business must at all times take care to ensure that it does not commit an unfair practice in the course of selling a used vehicle, whether in an “as-is” condition or not

Potentially Unfair Practices

An automotive business sells a vehicle, which it knows does not comply with the requirements of Part 2 of the Highway Traffic Act but fails to disclose its knowledge of the condition of the vehicle to the purchaser.

An automotive business sells a vehicle, which it knows or ought to know, is unsafe for driving to a person knowing the person has purchased the vehicle for transportation purposes.

An automotive business sells a vehicle, which it knows, or ought to know has a substantial defect to a person knowing the person has purchased the vehicle for transportation purposes.

An automotive business sells a vehicle, which it knows, or ought to know cannot be registered for use in Alberta to a person knowing the person has purchased the vehicle for transportation purpose.

An automotive business sells a vehicle, which it knows, or ought to know has had its odometer altered.

An automotive business seriously misrepresents the condition of the vehicle during the course of selling the vehicle.

An automotive business should not sell a vehicle, which it knows does not comply with the requirements of Part 2 of the Highway Traffic Act unless it fully discloses its knowledge of the condition of the vehicle to the purchaser. The price charged for the vehicle must be reasonable given to condition of the vehicle.

>An automotive business should confirm in writing to the purchaser of a vehicle that a vehicle has not been inspected to determine if it complies with Part 2 of the Highway Traffic Act. The price charged for the vehicle must be reasonable given the condition of the vehicle.

An automotive business should provide the purchase of a vehicle with a written statement specifying what equipment on the vehicle does not meet the requirements of Part 2 of the Highway Traffic Act. The price charged for the vehicle must be reasonable given the condition of the vehicle.

An automotive business should not sell a vehicle in an “as-is” condition unless the price for that vehicle is reasonable given the condition of the vehicle.

Call AMVIC’s Investigations & Enforcement Team @ 1-877-313-3833 or in Edmonton 466-1140, if you have any questions about this tip sheet. For more information on the term “as-is” and the obligations of an automotive business under the Fair Trading Act, please seek independent legal advice.

HTN SWCHS
03-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

Have do you know he's curbing cars? How does someone prove that?

sputnik
03-14-2004, 11:22 PM
DAMN! Havent checked Beyond all weekend... quite the drama.

CalgarySS - Still selling the Blazer?

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 11:23 PM
he didnt say he was ...read again......said IF someone is......

Redlyne_mr2
03-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS

Have do you know he's curbing cars? How does someone prove that?
Check registries, see how many cars have been registered through their name, after 5 a red flag comes up and amvic investigates

daeym
03-14-2004, 11:27 PM
hmmmmm i didn't read all of it....... did he really do and paid all those repairs already?

MK3HKS
03-14-2004, 11:40 PM
:zzz: :zzz:

less talkin .......more action

i aint curbing cars, go to amivc or whatever or small claims or where ever you wanna go:thumbsup:

iam waiting:thumbsup:

962 kid
03-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS
:zzz: :zzz:

less talkin .......more action

i aint curbing cars, go to amivc or whatever or small claims or where ever you wanna go:thumbsup:

iam waiting:thumbsup:

instead of waiting and acting like a 10 year old, why dont you try to help out calgarySS, its the least a responsible person could do

redline_13000
03-14-2004, 11:43 PM
LOL, wHAT a scammer:rofl: :rofl:

MK3HKS
03-14-2004, 11:45 PM

instead of waiting and acting like a 10 year old, why dont you try to help out calgarySS?

you know what my only advice is???

get all that parts out of an auto wrecker or dealer or wherever, put them on and done deal:thumbsup:

the parts on a geo metro are unbelievably cheap compared to other cars

he bought it as a winter beater:rolleyes:

962 kid
03-14-2004, 11:51 PM

you know what my only advice is???

get all that parts out of an auto wrecker or dealer or wherever, put them on and done deal:thumbsup:

the parts on a geo metro are unbelievably cheap compared to other cars

he bought it as a winter beater:rolleyes:

if theyre so cheap, then it shouldnt bother you to chip in. it doesnt matter if he bought it for a winter beater or not, it didnt meet your descriptions so you should be doing every damn thing you can to help him, before he does take you to court

Ben
03-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Most people would try to help out of an act of good will or good faith, but your responses in both threads are...well...typical and speak volumes about your business practices, I'd say you've ruined any credibility you might have had.

MK3HKS
03-14-2004, 11:59 PM

if theyre so cheap, then it shouldnt bother you to chip in. it doesnt matter if he bought it for a winter beater or not, it didnt meet your descriptions so you should be doing every damn thing you can to help him, before he does take you to court

why would i pay for some1 elses car problems?:thumbsdow
you want me to fix up your car when it breaks down too?:rolleyes:
i would help him install the parts if he paid for it:thumbsup:

btw: could some1 please private message me whenever a thread starts about me...thanx, just so i dont post late:thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
03-14-2004, 11:59 PM
sure him chipping in helpin the guy out would be cool.....going to court wont solve shit for the buyer..he will lose..cause of his own stupidity

method
03-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Most people would try to help out of an act of good will or good faith, but your responses in both threads are...well...typical and speak volumes about your business practices, I'd say you've ruined any credibility you might have had.

um, I doubt he'll try to help out as an act of 'good faith' when he's been outright attacked on this board.

not taking sides or anything, but I would help out a person if I sold a car and it fucked up - unless they came banging at my door all "WHAT THE FUCK BLAH BLAH YOU SOLD ME A FUCKED UP CAR"

MK3HKS
03-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by method

um, I doubt he'll try to help out as an act of 'good faith' when he's been outright attacked on this board.

not taking sides or anything, but I would help out a person if I sold a car and it fucked up - unless they came banging at my door all "WHAT THE FUCK BLAH BLAH YOU SOLD ME A FUCKED UP CAR"

my thoughts exactly.......

but still, i would have no problems helping him install the parts he purchases , unless he already did:dunno:

Ben
03-15-2004, 12:39 AM

Sounds to me from reading all the posts in all threads that CalgarySS was fairly Diplomatic about it.

Khyron
03-15-2004, 12:42 AM
[B]Here are some AMVIC laws , now it states automotive business unfortunately I cant seem to find any info related to private sales however I believe there are both the same under the eyes of the law

An automotive business sells a vehicle, which it knows, or ought to know has a substantial defect to a person knowing the person has purchased the vehicle for transportation purposes.

An automotive business sells a vehicle, which it knows, or ought to know has had its odometer altered.

An automotive business seriously misrepresents the condition of the vehicle during the course of selling the vehicle.

An automotive business should not sell a vehicle in an “as-is” condition unless the price for that vehicle is reasonable given the condition of the vehicle.

Can you imagine how insane private car sales would be if they had to follow the same business rules as car dealers?!? No non-car person could sell a car! Non-car people sell cars - it's the buyers responsibility to be knowledgeable, not the seller.

If I tell you that I'm selling you a brand new Porsche Jetta with 500 HP and a Flux Capacitor, as long as the BILL OF SALE has the VIN and the PRICE and the DATE and SIGNATURES of the BUYER, SELLER and (optional WITNESS helps) - that's it. It's like buying anything at a garage sale - all sales final, no warranty implied, Caveat Emptor!

I don't even have to talk to you or answer any questions while selling a car. You can ask me anything about it - I can just stand there and make faces at you. I can tell you the car is made of cheese. It doesn't matter.

If you bought a toaster at a garage sale cause the guy said it works, and you found out it didn't work do you really think you can take it back?

Anything else would lead to so much buyer abuse, I just can't fathom why so many of you think there would be some sort of refund, aside from reputation for future sales.

Get your inspections people. If someone refuses, walk away. Hell, I always say I'm going to get an inspection and if they don't flinch and get defensive, I usually don't even bother.

Welcome to Reality.

Khyron

MK3HKS
03-15-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Sounds to me from reading all the posts in all threads that CalgarySS was fairly Diplomatic about it.

yes HE was....that wont change the fact that ppl still think iam curbing:(, and that iam the scammer of beyond:(

Originally posted by Khyron

Can you imagine how insane private car sales would be if they had to follow the same business rules as car dealers?!? No non-car person could sell a car! Non-car people sell cars - it's the buyers responsibility to be knowledgeable, not the seller.

If I tell you that I'm selling you a brand new Porsche Jetta with 500 HP and a Flux Capacitor, as long as the BILL OF SALE has the VIN and the PRICE and the DATE and SIGNATURES of the BUYER, SELLER and (optional WITNESS helps) - that's it. It's like buying anything at a garage sale - all sales final, no warranty implied, Caveat Emptor!

I don't even have to talk to you or answer any questions while selling a car. You can ask me anything about it - I can just stand there and make faces at you. I can tell you the car is made of cheese. It doesn't matter.

If you bought a toaster at a garage sale cause the guy said it works, and you found out it didn't work do you really think you can take it back?

Anything else would lead to so much buyer abuse, I just can't fathom why so many of you think there would be some sort of refund, aside from reputation for future sales.

Get your inspections people. If someone refuses, walk away. Hell, I always say I'm going to get an inspection and if they don't flinch and get defensive, I usually don't even bother.

Welcome to Reality.

Khyron

woah....nice way to clear things up!!:thumbsup:

gkAeris
03-15-2004, 01:11 AM

Welcome to Reality.

Khyron

:werd:

kenny
03-15-2004, 01:18 AM

While you are right in the first paragraph saying you don't have to answer any questions, you are slightly incorrect in the second one. You DO have to be truthful when answering questions.

If you knowingly lie or mislead the buyer then that is a wee bit different than not answering the question or saying you don't know. So to answer your question about the toaster, if you are told it DOES work and it doesn't... sure you might not be able to take it back for a refund per se, but you do have a case in terms of being misled on the purchase so you could technically goto small claims court :)

So, bottom line.... when buying a car, ASK QUESTIONS about the car and then take it to a mechanic for an inspection. If it is a significant purchase value then take it to multiple mechanics in case the first one missed something. The seller does not have to tell you everything about the car, but if the buyer asks he does have to answer the questions truthfully.

Redlyne_mr2
03-15-2004, 01:20 AM

Welcome to Reality.

Khyron
Thats not how it is though dude, Im not saying the issues between mk3hks and calgary ss are related but you can get burnt for selling shady used cars, have you ever dealt with AMVIC? Those guys dont f*ck around they have the resources and the time to take out all the scammers out there. Nowadays the seller has to be just as cautious as the buyer

Khyron
03-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by kenny
While you are right in the first paragraph saying you don't have to answer any questions, you are slightly incorrect in the second one. You DO have to be truthful when answering questions.

If you knowingly lie or mislead the buyer then that is a wee bit different than not answering the question or saying you don't know. So to answer your question about the toaster, if you are told it DOES work and it doesn't... sure you might not be able to take it back for a refund per se, but you do have a case in terms of being misled on the purchase so you could technically goto small claims court :)

So, bottom line.... when buying a car, ASK QUESTIONS about the car and then take it to a mechanic for an inspection. If it is a significant purchase value then take it to multiple mechanics in case the first one missed something. The seller does not have to tell you everything about the car, but if the buyer asks he does have to answer the questions truthfully.

NO! I can LIE to your face and I don't have to answer to ANYTHING. That's why you have to check the car for LIENS! You think you can just ask? "Oh I'm sorry Mr. Repo-Man, I asked the previous owner and he never told me there's a 5000 dollar lien on this car".

If I don't SHOW you the toaster works, use that to bargain the price down. Unless it's in writing as a clause of the contract (ie, sale is subject to successful toaster operation) or something, you are screwed.

Hell, even if it's something criminal like odo rolling, unless you can PROVE (and that's a big word people) that I knew it was rolled, you're STILL up shit creek.

Sorry to jump on you, but so many people think they can trust the seller - it just doesn't work that way. There's a reason car-fax became so popular so quickly.

But the reverse would be far worse. Assume the seller is a nasty con man, and then be pleasantly surprise when you find out most are not.

MK3HKS did not handle this case well tho - while he should NOT be expected to buy the whole car back, morally he should have given some discount on price to offset some of the repairs. Having a cel come on so quickly after purchase does seem suspicious and I'm not considering any previous business dealings.

Thats not how it is though dude, Im not saying the issues between mk3hks and calgary ss are related but you can get burnt for selling shady used cars, have you ever dealt with AMVIC? Those guys dont f*ck around they have the resources and the time to take out all the scammers out there. Nowadays the seller has to be just as cautious as the buyer.

Maybe if you sell multiple cars in a certain time period because then you are almost a business - but I am positive about the casual seller. There's a reason why people still buy used cars at dealers.

Anyway, I can't swear 100% because I'm not a lawyer. But I would bet money on it. Unless you want to start paying GST on private sales, don't expect the government to hold your hand making purchases.

Edit: The only thing I can think of there MAY be a rule about disclosing if a car has been written off and then restored.

Khyron

Pete92SL
03-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Khyron, the reason you don't and will never pay gst on private sales is because you can't charge gst twice on the same product. Just cause you pay gst doesn't mean your product is protected by the government. SO either way that comment is strange. There are gov. programs that educate on purchasing used vehicles.

CalgarySS, chack you PM. I found a loop hole.

Pete

Toma
03-15-2004, 08:57 AM
If someone outright lied to me, and screwed me over, my response would be diplomacy first, revenge second.

Though it may not be illegal to screw people over and lie, it is morally and ethically wrong.

When you come and buy a car from me, or a part, you get the honest goods on it. Not some fabrication so I can screw you and make a quick buck off you. But hey, to some of us, integrity, honesty, and our word mean something to.... I understand that there are low lifes out there that will never learn..... but evetually they do ;)

I have found that what goes around, does eventually come around..... just sometimes takes time.

masculine
03-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi. I'm diesel_boy. I was already banned, but I decided to stick up for my buddy and post another useless post. So now I'm banning myself. Bye!

rage2
03-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Everyone's posting what would happen if a BUSINESS sold a lemon. Well, here's a BBB page that talks about the risks of buying a used car privately, and what you can do.

http://www.betterbusinessbureau.ca/consumer_services/tips/usedcar.asp

Khyron, this article answers your question from your post. Unfortunately, the first item says CalgarySS is pretty much screwed :(. I hope MK3HKS can work things out with CalgarySS, without having to deal with courts of course... since nobody wins if it goes to that route.

Khyron
03-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL
Khyron, the reason you don't and will never pay gst on private sales is because you can't charge gst twice on the same product. Just cause you pay gst doesn't mean your product is protected by the government. SO either way that comment is strange.

Can't charge GST twice? Ask used car salesman about that... My point is that you pay more by buying from a used lot, BUT in exchange there are more protections from getting outright screwed.

Khyron

Khyron
03-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Toma
If someone outright lied to me, and screwed me over, my response would be diplomacy first, revenge second.

Though it may not be illegal to screw people over and lie, it is morally and ethically wrong.

When you come and buy a car from me, or a part, you get the honest goods on it. Not some fabrication so I can screw you and make a quick buck off you. But hey, to some of us, integrity, honesty, and our word mean something to.... I understand that there are low lifes out there that will never learn..... but evetually they do ;)

I have found that what goes around, does eventually come around..... just sometimes takes time.

And ultimately that's our societies unofficial defence against scammers. If you come and buy a car from me, and I totally screw you over, chances are you know where I live etc. It's in MY best interest not to screw you over, so I don't have to deal with getting cars keyed, house painted, etc.

That's why Ebay scammers are so popular - there's no accountability beyond what's legal.

Khyron

method
03-15-2004, 09:50 PM
diplomatic isn't coming on a message board to defame someone.

I dont really care what happened either way :rolleyes:

RX7_FC3S
03-15-2004, 11:01 PM
If I were MK3HKS I would just watch out for people doing things to my house. His adress is being spread faster than a whore's vagina on Performanceshop.com

HTN SWCHS
03-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by RX7_FC3S
If I were MK3HKS I would just watch out for people doing things to my house. His adress is being spread faster than a whore's vagina on Performanceshop.com

Believe me if anyone tryed shit, they won't live to tell about it.

Khyron
03-15-2004, 11:10 PM
That's the worst case - suppose it's just an ignorant seller who really knows nothing about cars. Sells to a lazy buyer who doesn't bother getting anything checked out. Then the car dies, the buyer blames the seller and causes trouble.

So ultimately the buyers laziness punishes the seller.

Again, I didn't look into any other sellings - if there's a history, then, well - such is life.

Khyron

Mike09
03-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by RX7_FC3S
That Shit's just wrong. This is a bad business deal and that's it. Solve it in small claim's court or forget it because nothing will ever happen any other way!

good_lookin866
03-15-2004, 11:16 PM
is anyone messin with you sener!!!

Super_Geo
03-15-2004, 11:32 PM
diplomatic isn't coming on a message board to defame someone.

I dont really care what happened either way :rolleyes:

He contacted the seller on several occasions and tired to settle it privately. I think that's as diplomatic as you can reasonably expect.

What would you do if someone conned $3000 from you? Just walk away?

Khyron
03-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

He contacted the seller on several occasions and tired to settle it privately. I think that's as diplomatic as you can reasonably expect.

What would you do if someone conned $3000 from you? Just walk away?

That's the problem - it doesn't sound like a con. Do you really think the seller should just buy back the dead car and give back the 3000 dollars?

Khyron

daeym
03-15-2004, 11:46 PM
honestly i wouldn't hand out $3000 without checkin out the car..... money is so hard to earn..... and i really thing 3000 is too much for a 96 geo.... i wouldn't pay dat much for a winter beater....... i'll just get a oldsmobile wid a working heater , even if it goes 30km/h tops...... at least it gets me warm.... hehehehe..... and i could get dat for like a bill...... if it breaks down i'll leave it on da highway....... lolz......

Super_Geo
03-15-2004, 11:47 PM
2-The SES light comes on constantly because of a VSS/TPS problem.

Cost to fix = $400 dollars depending on which sensors are faulty.

Why I did not notice this on the test drive?

The ECM was disconnected at some point to clear the codes. They remain clear for 50-100km before the computer sets off the SES light again. This was obviously done before our test drive.

It sounds like that was done so that nothing out of the oridnary would be noticed during the test drive. Only a fucking sleazebag would do that... and MK3HKS hasn't offered any explination in his defense at all. Also, there were the plugs that was said to have been recently replaced, but were from '95, among other things.

If the car died half a year after it was bought, that'd be a difference case. But it seems to have died shortly after it was bought. If that were me, I'd be fucking pissed.

MK3HKS
03-16-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Mike09

That Shit's just wrong. This is a bad business deal and that's it. Solve it in small claim's court or forget it because nothing will ever happen any other way!

plus.....i dont think a 25+ guy would be that immature to go get payback by vandalism, court can decide on what is RIGHT...:thumbsup:

dont think iam afraid to go to court, because iam not but i made up my mind and that is i aint buying the car back from him;)

sputnik
03-16-2004, 07:57 AM

i aint buying the car back from him;)

Of course you wouldn't.

You aren't buying it back from him for the same reasons that you neglected to tell CalgarySS about as he was counting out his cash thinking you were upfront and honest.

googe
03-16-2004, 08:36 AM
mk3hks is fired

TrevorK
03-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

It sounds like that was done so that nothing out of the oridnary would be noticed during the test drive. Only a fucking sleazebag would do that... and MK3HKS hasn't offered any explination in his defense at all. Also, there were the plugs that was said to have been recently replaced, but were from '95, among other things.

If the car died half a year after it was bought, that'd be a difference case. But it seems to have died shortly after it was bought. If that were me, I'd be fucking pissed.

If I have a car I'm leaving sit for awhile, I pull the battery out (So no one can steal it) which I guess would reset any codes in memory.

Not defending him, but just stating that this is a possibility....

rage2
03-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
You aren't buying it back from him for the same reasons that you neglected to tell CalgarySS about as he was counting out his cash thinking you were upfront and honest.
Alright, I guess it's about time I give my point of view over this whole ordeal.

There are 3 scenarios that I can see.

1. MK3HKS was totally honest about the car. It just had problems that he didn't know about, which cropped up after the purchase.

2. MK3HKS lied about the car, hid all the problems, and shafted CalgarySS.

3. CalgarySS accidently screwed up the car, and is trying to lay the blame on MK3HKS.

Alright, the easy one, #3 is pretty much out of the question, unless CalgarySS tried to mod a Geo or something for more power hehe. It's pretty card to trigger a check engine light unless something is really wrong with the car.

If #1 is the case, and I was in MK3HKS's shoes, I wouldn't buy back the car. I would, however, help out CalgarySS by giving him a hand in sourcing cheap parts, helping installs, etc. which MK3HKS has offered to do.

If #2 is the case, well, CalgarySS can't really do much, as private purchases are considered as is, no warranties, etc. UNLESS stated on the bill of sale that there are repairs that will be made by the previous owner. Court is a waste of time and money... lesson learned. MK3HKS, however, will be banned if CalgarySS can prevent sufficient evidence that he was purposely misled, to ensure he can't do it to anyone else.

We'll just have to let the 2 parties work it out, and see what happens. None of us other than CalgarySS and MK3HKS knows the real story, so pointing fingers like what some of you are doing is completely useless.

lam-boy
03-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

If I have a car I'm leaving sit for awhile, I pull the battery out (So no one can steal it) which I guess would reset any codes in memory.

Not defending him, but just stating that this is a possibility....

but then again..who would steal a geo?

HTN SWCHS
03-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

but then again..who would steal a geo?

That's what my cousins said "Who would steal a van or Tempo" they both got stolen on several occassions by some kids looking for joyrides. :thumbsdow

lam-boy
03-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS

That's what my cousins said "Who would steal a van or Tempo" they both got stolen on several occassions by some kids looking for joyrides. :thumbsdow

speaking of which..stupid fags who stole my dads van a long itme ago...buncha tools!! they damaged the key hole by jamming shit in there trying to unlock the door.

daeym
03-16-2004, 12:07 PM
geo wouldn't be much of a joyride........ i mean honestly????

403Gemini
03-16-2004, 12:18 PM
i just want the simple answer of after a full tune up was promised to calgary SS, why wasnt the spark plugs and wires changed since 95? is that such a hard answer to give?

a tune up is more than an oil change

Khyron
03-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
i just want the simple answer of after a full tune up was promised to calgary SS, why wasnt the spark plugs and wires changed since 95? is that such a hard answer to give?

a tune up is more than an oil change

Ok let's assume he exagerated (as many people do) while selling - suppose he said tune-up instead of oil change. Hell, maybe there was a tuneup and the garage didn't bother changing the plugs. It's trivial.

The more important question is the Cel, and how the car threw codes so quickly. Were they intentionally cleared right before the test drive? Or did the codes pop up for the first time after he bought it? He needs to check the work history on the car - if it was in for service recently, whatever it is that's blowing codes would most likely be on the work order, right?

Khyron

ninjak84
03-16-2004, 02:01 PM

It's none of your business, so why do you care so much? Don't you have anything better to do?

The only thing that could have come of it, was ruining the rep of the seller, and it was done a long time ago.
CalgarySS can post this up all he wants, but it won't get him anywhere else.
MK3HKS can try to sell an un-opened bag of M&M's on this forum, and no one will ever trust him again.

Post the results of the court case in a couple months, and leave it at that.

403Gemini
03-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

It's none of your business, so why do you care so much? Don't you have anything better to do?

The only thing that could have come of it, was ruining the rep of the seller, and it was done a long time ago.
MK3HKS can try to sell an un-opened bag of M&M's on this forum, and no one will ever trust him again.

agree none of my business, but it seems MK3HKS is only capable of answering one question at a time. he has so far avoided this question when asked a NUMBER of times by different members and refuses to answer...

he claims his dads a mechanic and did all the work, and common guys we all know if we did somethin in our garage to our cars it doesnt magically appear on carfax.

fact is if his dad did do the work in the garage, there is no warranty on the work, so therfore COULD have fucked up and sold calgary SS a shitty car.

i just dont see why MK3HKS wont pitch 1000 or so back to calgary SS to fix the repairs and still walk away with a 2000 profit. :dunno:

EDIT: and about him not being able to sell a bag of M&M's on here, thats damn right cause this isnt the first member hes fucked around with.

sputnik
03-16-2004, 02:16 PM

Good!

Because it seems that if the buyer found that it was full of rabbit turds that MK3HKS wouldnt think that anything was wrong with that and would blame the buyer of filling the bag with them after eating them all.

Burning a quart of oil every tank of gas isnt something that goes unnoticed for too long. Telling someone that a tuneup was done recently would mean that the plugs should be almost shiny.

Lieing is lieing. Hell, if I bought a car that someone said that they did a tuneup on and I brought it home to realize that it wasnt done, I would still be pissed and never trust him again. Regardless if the rest of the car was fine or not.

As hard as this lesson is. It just goes to show that you just cant trust everyone anymore. Get reciepts, get the car checked out etc...

The good thing about this whole thing... is that CalgarySS should be able to sell cars on Beyond and no one should have to worry about him lieing... as he would be chased out of this city.

Karma is a bitch sometimes

403Gemini
03-16-2004, 02:19 PM

Good!

Because it seems that if the buyer found that it was full of rabbit turds that he wouldnt think that anything was wrong with that and would blame the buyer of filling the bag with them after eating them all.

Burning a quart of oil every tank of gas isnt something that goes unnoticed for too long. Telling someone that a tuneup was done recently would mean that the plugs should be almost shiny.

Lieing is lieing. Hell, if I bought a car that someone said that they did a tuneup on and I brought it home to realize that it wasnt done, I would still be pissed and never trust him again. Regardless if the rest of the car was fine or not.

As hard as this lesson is. It just goes to show that you just cant trust everyone anymore. Get reciepts, get the car checked out etc...

The good thing about this whole thing... is that CalgarySS should be able to sell cars on Beyond and no one should have to worry about him lieing... as he would be chased out of this city.

Karma is a bitch sometimes

*cough* im sure you mean MK3HKS should be able to sell cars... lol

sputnik
03-16-2004, 02:21 PM

*cough* im sure you mean MK3HKS should be able to sell cars... lol

No I meant CalgarySS... its pretty hard to slag someone this hard and then sell a lemon.

403Gemini
03-16-2004, 02:23 PM

No I meant CalgarySS... its pretty hard to slag someone this hard and then sell a lemon.

oh me = slow im dumb lol

sorry re-read and now understand :thumbsup:

ninjak84
03-16-2004, 04:05 PM
agree none of my business, but it seems MK3HKS is only capable of answering one question at a time. he has so far avoided this question when asked a NUMBER of times by different members and refuses to answer...

I agree with you, he should have taken some responsibility or answered some questions. It speaks volumes about the situation.
I'm sure as hell not sticking up for the seller, it just seems like nothing's going anywhere on the forum.

Mike09
03-16-2004, 06:48 PM

He doesn't need to answer to anyone but the Judge should it go that way, so does it matter how many Q's he answer's?

MK3HKS
03-16-2004, 07:01 PM

i have noticed that 403gemini is more involved in this then me and calgarySS, could u please just stfu, iam gettin really tired of ur bullshit, sorry, i just had to say it...;)

btw:WeaponR already warned you so u should just stay out and quit thinkin iam a scammer, this problem is between me and CalgarySS and if u have and ADVICE , not throwing shit at ppl...then feel free to post:thumbsup:

MK3HKS
03-16-2004, 07:03 PM
ill be phoning some places shortly to see if they carry any of the parts he needs, ill try to find the cheapest price out there:thumbsup:

but other then that, i cant do much.

CalgarySS
03-16-2004, 07:29 PM
First off, I want to thank everyone that has posted on this thread. Pro, Con and indifferent, these opinions are all valid to some extent.

I want to give a bit of background as to why I started this post.

I offered this situation as a warning to anyone purchasing a used car. If you check the other forums that I frequent, you will see the type of posts that I make are generally helpful and are usually offered as how-tos or FAQs. I do not subscribe to pointless attacks or negative posts.

Here is one point that I would like to make. I am quite mechanically inclined and quite familar with automotive repair. It has been said that I was negligent in the fact that I did not have a professional inspect the car... Perhaps.

I do not need to have someone else look at a vehicle to determine its worth, I am quite capable at going over the simple checks that show the general condition of a vehicle.

Having said that, the obvious retort would be..." Why did you buy the car then?

One thing that several people have not taken into account is that many problems/symptoms can be masked or hidden.

1-Mileage. Few will argue that this is a good indicator of what to look for. If the odometer showed 200,000kms, There are quite a few more things that I would have looked at. With the odometer showing 117,000km one could (Almost) assume that the CV joints are in decent repair and that the front and rear struts are servicable.

A Speedometer/odometer cluster is a simple thing to swap from one car to another. A VSS (vehicle speed sensor) being disconnected whould also be a simple way to hide Kms.

2-Burning oil. The quick way to check the condition of rings and other components that would allow oil to seep into the combustion chamber is it inspect the tailpipe for carbon build up. This is fine unless the tailpipe has been pressure washed since the last time it was driven. A very thick oil or a 10 dollar oil additive can mask this problem as well.

3-Service engine soon lights, On 96 and newer vehicles the OBD2 systems that are incorporated into the vehicle are a good indicator of expensive sensor and emmision component problems.
This function can be hidden by having the vehicles codes cleared by a mechanic with a code reader, removing the ecm fuse for 1 minute or disconnecting the battery.

4-Interior and exterior condition. A well kept vehicle MIGHT indicate a good maintainance program. A curber always uses Armorall and a vacuum to good advantage for this one.

5- Test drive. Anyone who is attuned to the problems that a vehicle might have, can find out a great deal from a test drive. Driveline vibrations, transmission, differential and CV joint noises are readily apparent to the trained ear.

What if the vehicle that you are test driving is uninsured? How far a test drive are you willing to risk? Would you venture out onto Deerfoot trail? Almost non of these problems are apparent at low speeds.

In closing I would like to make a few points.

1-I am more then willing to accept FULL responsibility for not checking the car over more thouroughly. I have broad shoulders and will gladly carry that burden.

2-My concern with MK3HKS lies not in the vehicle at all. It is in his subterfuge. To look someone in the eye and lie to them is unacceptable.

3-In creating this post I wanted to generate a good base of experience. Many people have PMed similar/identical situations to me and I am now aware of the full extent of my options. Selling a car/house/glass of lemonade, whether it is online, face-to-face or by mail order, imbues the seller with a responsibility. The contract (verbal or written) is based on one assumption. That the information that the buyer has from the seller is true and correct. If there is information that the seller has lied/misled the buyer about, The buyer has legal recourse.

Anyone who has met me will vouch that I am neither vindictive nor unfair. MK3HKS has no need to fear any type of damage to his property or his person from me. Many people have suggested retribution/revenge. I will not stoop that low. My values are worth more to me then almost anything else in my life.

I would like to ask one last time. MK3HKS, Is there any kind of offer that you would like to make to settle this?

I would accept;
A portion of the money back to cover repairs.
the car needs....

Rebuilt motor
New Struts
New Tires ( I was aware of this at purchase, Don't include these in your offer)
New Throttle Position Sensor

Your Father is a mechanic, he would be a good resource for pricing of these parts.

MK3HKS
03-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySS

I would like to ask one last time. MK3HKS, Is there any kind of offer that you would like to make to settle this?

I would accept;
A portion of the money back to cover repairs.
the car needs....

Rebuilt motor
New Struts
New Tires ( I was aware of this at purchase, Don't include these in your offer)
New Throttle Position Sensor

Your Father is a mechanic, he would be a good resource for pricing of these parts.

i am in a really bad money problem right now so i cant help u out if u are askin for money, but.................

i will look around an phone places and ask my dad if he has seen these parts lyin around at where he works, i will try to
find lowest prices
:thumbsup:

/////AMG
03-16-2004, 07:50 PM
finally, things are shaping up.:thumbsup:

method
03-16-2004, 07:59 PM
people that scam cars tend to disappear after selling their junk, mk has either stayed around because:

a: he's a moron
or
b: he didn't try to scam anyone

nothing you say on this forum is going to right the situation.
message boards are simply a medium to gain support for your side of the argument. I'm surprised mk3 has stuck around at all.

once upon a time on dori-kaze, I was interested in a 240z for sale in vancouver. I checked with the buyer for some time, figured out shipping, negotiated price, blah blah blah. I told him I wanted it inspected, and would buy it - pending the results of the inspection. When I paid for an inspection to be done, he took it in and sent me the results. The car had rust, and other various problems I wasn't interested in fixing. So I said I wouldn't buy the car. I wanted to avoid acting like I didn't trust him, etc, so I told him my parents wouldn't let me get the car with those problems. I should have told him straight up I didn't want to buy it.

Of course this sent his ass into a tirade. He was all pissed off because I didn't buy his car, despite the fact that I told him I would only buy the car pending the inspection. All he had to do was drive it down to the shop. Boohoo. He went onto the dori-kaze message board, spewed out a bunch of bullshit onto the board to gain support for his whiny ass, and defamed me. Of course half the idiots on that board agreed with him, because they have no concept of the process involved buying a used car. Some suggested legal action because I somehow made a "verbal contract" over msn. :rolleyes: I never went back to the board.

I feel sorry for calgarySS, but if you buy a $3000 car without getting it fully inspected by a third party, you're S.O.L. - and stupid. Better to spend $100 bucks to find out what you're buying than have to deal with this whole load of shit now.

CalgarySS
03-16-2004, 08:01 PM

i am in a really bad money problem right now so i cant help u out if u are askin for money, but.................

i will look around an phone places and ask my dad if he has seen these parts lyin around at where he works, i will try to
find lowest prices

Thanks for responding.

I appreciate your situation, and don't expect miracles.If you can find a wrecked car/parts car that I could use. I am sure we could work something out.

Gord

Idratherbsidewayz
03-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Whats with firefly's and screwing people. My old one cost me around 5000 in repairs. Biggest mistake was fixing it not getting rid of it super quick. bought it for 2700, sold it for 1700, in total I spent 12,000. That includes around 2500 in mods but...

My dad is an idiot for wanting to keep that car...

403Gemini
03-16-2004, 10:48 PM
im glad to see everything is shapin up and mk, i never really meant any direct attacks to u just wanted the question answered *shrugs* oh well ill let it go.

and calgary ss i find it extremely mature the steps you took in this process and the refusel of retribution/revenge, cause afterall that solves shit all and just creates more problems.

we dont need another soap opera do we? (*cough* surferbabe was it? lol)

CalgarySS
04-28-2004, 05:27 PM

find lowest prices

I have not heard from you at all since your last post MK3HKS. I understand that you may have been busy but, I expected a call/post sooner than this.

Any luck finding a parts car or anything to help me out? I am still taking you at your word and will assume that help is forthcoming.

The parts that I need are;

VSS ( vehicle speed sensor )
TPS ( throttle position sensor )
Decent compression motor, ( the old motor goes through a liter of oil every 2 days now, I am not sure how much further I can make it last.)

Thanks for your attention.
Gord.

CalgarySS
05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Here is an update.

The Metro started to misfire severely on Friday. I checked it out and the oil blowing past the rings in the #2 cylinder had bridged the gap on the plug. I changed the plug and drove home from work. By the time I got home the car was running on 2 cylinders.

I have found a replacement motor with 67,000kms on it for $600 dollars and am having it installed this week.

The good news is that I get to drive my wifes 1.8T Jetta for the next few days.

MK3 HKS. You had offered to help when I spoke to you last. Now would be the time to step up an prove that you are a man of your word.

Gord.