View Full Version : 2015 F1 Brazillian Grand Prix

phreezee
11-12-2015, 04:09 PM
https://jonesonf1.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/19-brazil-circuit.jpg

Chance on rain as the race goes on.

Picking Nico to start a streak, since Lewis crashed his Zonda this week :rofl:

rage2
11-12-2015, 04:23 PM
I love how everyone is reporting he "crashed" a Zonda, when in reality it was scraping a parked car in the tight streets of Monaco is a huge Zonda. :rofl:

phreezee
11-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Here's a pic, he hit a parked car : http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/first-picture-lewis-hamiltons-crash-6822002

yellowGTS
11-12-2015, 06:54 PM
If there is rain, I would put Vettel or Bottas on pole with Hamilton second.

kdwebber
11-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by yellowGTS
If there is rain, I would put Vettel or Bottas on pole with Hamilton second.

Bottas? You know he drives a Williams right? Red Bull will be running a upgraded power unit in Brazil look for them to be performing well.

rage2
11-13-2015, 08:47 AM
The new Renault power unit doesn't give a lot of performance (Renault says 0.1s, 0.2s tops per lap). It lays the ground work for the changes going in over the winter for the 2016 power unit.

And yea, Williams is still kinda crappy in the rain. They've been working on it, getting better, but nowhere near top 5 pace.

Ferrari will suck in the rain, RBR will do well, but with the penalties for the new power unit, they'll be near the back as well.

It's going to be a Mercedes runaway if it rains, unless the SC comes out to mess with the pecking order. They and RBR have the best aero on the grid right now which wet conditions favor.

rage2
11-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Perfect summary haha.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/3B7DA2F0-6CFF-4455-80E4-D74E284CBBF6_zpstn4bndus.jpg

R154
11-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Just so awesome. I love the sense of humour in the Mclaren garage.

phreezee
11-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Practicing for next year.

http://planetf1.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/d1d1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Fernando_Alonso_and_Jenson_Button_podium_McLaren_twitter-700x367.jpg

phreezee
11-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Verstappen provides the only real highlight in another snoozefest again. Rain gods weren't in our favour.

Lewis needs to win the last race in my eyes.

The curse of Interlagos continues for Massa or just more Pirelli medling : http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24185/10068014/felipe-massa-has-been-excluded-from-the-brazilian-gp

flipstah
11-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Bwhahaha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTy8ttyUEAEVeGP.jpg

schocker
11-16-2015, 10:54 AM
That was the most awkward after race interviews I have ever seen :rofl:

rage2
11-16-2015, 11:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTy_DWUXAAIVxeK.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTy55-zWsAAl0Ya.png

speedog
11-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Just finished perusing the formula1.com web site - is it accurate in that 11 of the 18 races so far has seen the two drivers from one team finish one/two?

That considered, is it good for that sport to have one such dominant team? Would F1 fans like to see something different or are they okay with that kind of dominance? I watch the occasional F1 race and find what's happening behind these two guys often way more entertaining, it's where there's often some real racing happening.

R154
11-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Speedog, yes it is entertaining if you are willing to watch the sport continuously. You know who Michael Schumacher is, correct? Rewind to when a winning car was nearly always a Ferrari.

F1 is cyclical. Its kind of common for a team to dominate. More races won = more money, more money = better car/race dev.

There is real racing. Do you follow any racing?

Ferrari won the WCC in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007. Meaning, that on average they won more races (as a team) then any other team, as well as in COMBINATION against any other team(s).

Look at Red bull they won back to back WDC and WCC in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. Total and utter untouchable domination.

Just part of the way these things work.

Stay out of this section, its the last forum that is only for purists .:whipped: :love: :burnout:

rage2
11-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Watch the US Grand Prix, where Mercedes finished 1-2. One of the best races in recent years, with good fights from top to bottom of the field. Then there's Brazil which turned into a snoozefest this year... The races are hit and miss, all depends on what you throw that's unexpected at the teams. Rain, safety cars, car problems, FIA intervention, those usually intensify the racing. Billions of dollars are spent on F1 budgets to ensure that each weekend is as close to perfection as possible, so realistically, F1 is designed to be a processional boring race so you really need the unexpected to keep hundreds of engineers on their toes for 2 hours.

As R154 says, you watch F1 long enough (I've caught every race live since '93 except for 1), you'll see different team dynasties over the years. McLaren, Williams, Ferrari, Red Bull, and now Mercedes. It's only year 2 of dominance for Mercedes, it doesn't get tiring until you're a solid 1/2 decade of domination in ala Ferrari lol.

btw - one more 1-2 finish at the final race and Mercedes sets a new record, beating their 11 from last year.

speedog
11-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by R154
Speedog, yes it is entertaining if you are willing to watch the sport continuously. You know who Michael Schumacher is, correct? Rewind to when a winning car was nearly always a Ferrari.

F1 is cyclical. Its kind of common for a team to dominate. More races won = more money, more money = better car/race dev.

There is real racing. Do you follow any racing?

Ferrari won the WCC in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007. Meaning, that on average they won more races (as a team) then any other team, as well as in COMBINATION against any other team(s).

Look at Red bull they won back to back WDC and WCC in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. Total and utter untouchable domination.

Just part of the way these things work.

Stay out of this section, its the last forum that is only for purists .:whipped: :love: :burnout:
Kind of sensitive aren't we?

Simple debate is not allowed per you, that's quite something.

As far as F1, I quite enjoy the whole technical side of it but I'd just like to see less domination by a single team regardless of the era and I don't necessarilly believe that would be bad for the sport.

R154
11-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by speedog

Kind of sensitive aren't we?

Simple debate is not allowed per you, that's quite something.

As far as F1, I quite enjoy the whole technical side of it but I'd just like to see less domination by a single team regardless of the era and I don't necessarilly believe that would be bad for the sport.

Note by the emoticons I was being sarcastic. As an F1 "superfan", I would NEVER want to turn away a fan regardless of their interest/engagement level. Much less sustain conversation about it.

Nonetheless, yes. I am highly sensitive about F1, but not for the reasons you are implying. It has been and will always be a huge part of my interest and passion.

I've traveled to 3 of the calendar races and will hopefully knock off another 3 before Lewis retires.

You'll find that a lot of the people that regularly post here feel the same way about the sport. It is one that often finds itself requiring a defense.

Outsiders saying: "Its boring, its expense, what a waste". In the same way that NASA is important (but obviously for different specific reasons), F1 pushes engineers and developers to be innovative. The technology makes its way into production vehicles. That helps everyone regardless of if they know it or not.

I am sorry if you find my style of conversation to be abrasive. I don't mean to be.

R154
11-17-2015, 09:28 AM
To address your point; the nature of the points system and the whole politics of it dictate that the sport naturally sees dynasties, as rage put it.

The whole excitement for me is seeing an in-form team sustaining a better product/team/race strategy than anyone else over the course of time.

Part of the "technical" side of F1 is also team technology, Paddock prep, psychological training. These things are only honed over time, when you are winning already.

The very nature of what is at stake depends on a low variance in winning teams.

I do not want to see F1 be forcefully influenced to create a system catering to the idea of variance outside of what it has become. If it does so naturally, then as a fan I would embrace it. But I dont believe that it should be pushed and shoved and made to submit. Organic evolution is bound to happen, it already has. The sport is drastically different since the grand days of the 80's and 90's. Its not horrible in the modern era, but it is different.

I do, however, wish to see some of the politics be addressed from within the sport itself. People like christian horner should be more forcefully disciplined. goof.

Mibz
11-17-2015, 09:52 AM
There was an infographic on /r/formula1 yesterday that I don't have time to find right now, but it pointed out that there were more passes during each year of the RBR dominance than the last two years. Despite this, I'd call 2011 and 2013 the most boring years of F1 I've seen, although I only started watching in 2008.

Sometimes you don't need passes, just battles, and Mercedes has given us battles where RBR didn't.

speedog
11-17-2015, 10:54 AM
It just seems almost all too predictable, even the emotions the drivers exhausted bit seems scripted.

I do readily acknowledge that at least F1 hasn't become what IRL has become what with their ugly and mandated single car design alhough they've moved away from that a wee bit. Even NASCAR is guilty of this with their templates but their full bodied cars still allow for a lot of subtle tweaking.

Myself, I find most dirt track racing, Australian V8 series and the NASCAR truck series to be the most entertaining in the ability of not necessarily being able to predict whom might win a race. Even NASCAR's premium series has become quite a different beast since they've introduced their play-off format - I was quite against that initially but now truly believe it's one of the best things they've ever done to ramp up the competitiveness in that series.

F1, I'd just like to see a bit more unpredictabity for the podium, that's it. The current snoozefest of whether Hamilton or Rosberg both likely being on the podium in most likely first or second and maybe being decided by the first corner of the race just needs to change IMHO.. I'm not knocking F1, I just want the up front action to be a bit more interesting.

R154
11-17-2015, 11:00 AM
That's what P4-13 is all about. Max Verstappen!!!

RedRayneGTI
11-17-2015, 05:06 PM
I stumbled across some WEC clips on youtube a couple weeks ago. That is where some exciting racing exists IMO, at least between Audi and Porsche.

-b-wu3cVjeI

clZOMYjaGt8

mHc0R1ePX1w

Mibz
11-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by speedog
F1, I'd just like to see a bit more unpredictabity for the podium, that's it. I don't disagree.

Revhard
11-21-2015, 11:16 AM
I think it's a slippery slope though. They have changed so much in the last 10 years. If they go the Balance of Performance route, it will not ruin the racing. It just ruins the engineering of it. It's already way too spec'd out for my taste.
It's the same as these turbo motors. Still lots of good racing, but it just sounds so humdrum. Racing is about ingenuity, risk taking, and money. The more you constrain the ingenuity, the more you have to compensate with the other two. Freeze the engine? Ok, then let's do 24/7 wind tunnel testing....etc.