PDA

View Full Version : honda.ca price VS honda dealership price question?

BensonTT
11-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Hey guys I priced out a 2016 Accord Touring I4 on honda.ca and the price I got was $34,556.81 CASH PURCHASE which include fees, tax and all that crap.. Now when talking to a couple dealerships they all want like $36,XXX PLUS GST.. They dont care if its a cash purchase..Is this normal? Screenshot below

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/X2028/capture%20image_zpszq4elbl4.png (http://s200.photobucket.com/user/X2028/media/capture%20image_zpszq4elbl4.png.html)

J.M.
11-12-2015, 09:18 PM
markup brah

ShermanEF9
11-12-2015, 09:47 PM
dealerships gotta make money too. negotiate your way down.

s2k_boi
11-12-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing you want manual? Cause the cvt according honda.ca will but you at that $36,xxx.

But I'm guessing the dealership is putting air & tire tax, admin fee, possibly mud flaps, wheel locks, and block heaters? If that's the case it would be close to the $36k mark in a manual transmission. But as others said, negotiate. Try car cost canada as well.

BensonTT
11-12-2015, 11:34 PM
OK Thanks guys ..

ExtraSlow
11-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Dealers set prices, but carcostcanada is a tool you will find handy in this situation.

Aleks
11-13-2015, 08:26 AM
I checked on unhaggle.com (great free tool including lease and finance calculators).

MSRP: $34,567 Dealer Cost: $32,283

This is for manual. There shouldn't be a discrepancy as there is no cash incentives on the 2016s. Any extra fees shouldn't amount to more than $400-500. Admin fees and extras (lock nuts, mats, etc) aren't listed on unhaggle.

ExtraSlow
11-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Lock nuts are stupid, tell em to take them off and give you back the stock nuts.

Mitsu3000gt
11-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Was it Honda West? When I was shopping their prices were hilariously bad, and their 'fees' that nobody in their right mind pays were around $800. Worst price & service in town when I was shopping.

Get Okotoks Honda to give you a quote. All I had to do was send them an email with the price I was willing to pay (giving them a small fair margin) and they were a pleasure to deal with.

Skrilla
11-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BensonTT
[B]They dont care if its a cash purchase..Is this normal?

Can't speak for the price difference, but I used to be in the finance office at a dealer, and most dealers prefer a finance over cash. That old "I'm paying cash so give me a big discount" is over. We got kickbacks from the bank for finance deals, plus it was easier to talk about extended warranty and adders that people would finance in to their deal.

Again this may not apply to every dealer, but this was common practice when I worked for GM.

Canucks3322
11-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Last time I went and checked out a brand new vehicle the dealer wanted way more than what the online price was on the hyundaicanada website.....if this is the case, what the fuck is the point of doing those price calculators anyways?!?!?

BensonTT
11-13-2015, 09:14 PM
^^ no shit eh lol..

Canucks3322
11-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Skrilla

Can't speak for the price difference, but I used to be in the finance office at a dealer, and most dealers prefer a finance over cash. That old "I'm paying cash so give me a big discount" is over. We got kickbacks from the bank for finance deals, plus it was easier to talk about extended warranty and adders that people would finance in to their deal.

Again this may not apply to every dealer, but this was common practice when I worked for GM.

Fuck....this is what makes the car dealer experience even worse, having to sit through the sales pitch from the finance person trying to sell you some bullshit warranty, you tell them no the first time then all of sudden that $3000 drops to $1500, wtf, you just want to reach over the table and strangle them what a fucking rip off, then they try and sell you all those garbage protection packages which you can get for half the price at an independent shop...this thread just made me reconsider my considering of buying a brand new car lol

Redlyne_mr2
11-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

Fuck....this is what makes the car dealer experience even worse, having to sit through the sales pitch from the finance person trying to sell you some bullshit warranty, you tell them no the first time then all of sudden that $3000 drops to $1500, wtf, you just want to reach over the table and strangle them what a fucking rip off, then they try and sell you all those garbage protection packages which you can get for half the price at an independent shop...this thread just made me reconsider my considering of buying a brand new car lol

Ask around, it always baffles me when people go into a dealership without asking friends/family who they bought their car from and how their service was. There are beyonders who work at Honda on here I'm sure. 90% of buyers are ok with paying the money for protection, warranty etc. especially when it ends up being financed anyways. For that 10% of buyers (beyonders lol) research your sales person like you do the vehicle.

Skrilla
11-17-2015, 10:00 AM

I completely agree that it is BS, just sharing how the dealer I worked at operated. This was just a small part of the things that went on, I could write a book of the shaddy shit I had seen in the few years I was there.

acedia
11-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Last time I went and checked out a brand new vehicle the dealer wanted way more than what the online price was on the hyundaicanada website.....if this is the case, what the fuck is the point of doing those price calculators anyways?!?!?

Hyundai was absolutely the worst purchasing experience I've ever had. They were charging $1770 more than the website quoted... after asking the sales guy says it's for mud flaps, block heater, floor mats and truck lip protector. So I go back online and price those things in (even though screw paying $160 for shitty thin rubber floor mats), and it's still $1200 more!!

He tells me *maybe* it's labour. I asked how the eff you can charge someone $1200 for labour to install mud flaps and floor mats... he tries to tell me it takes a long time to get those mud flaps on, a few hundred bucks for that labour, and the block heaters take hours to install. Like the dealership is even putting those in.

Oh, and getting that actual price in the first place was like pulling teeth. They literally kept coming out of a back office with a monthly payment written in big bold marker on a sheet of paper. I kept saying GIVE ME A PRICE and they kept countering with WELL LET'S JUST FIGURE OUT YOUR MONTHLY BUDGET HERE.

Needless to say, they got told where to go in a hurry.

Skrilla
11-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by acedia

Hyundai was absolutely the worst purchasing experience I've ever had. They were charging $1770 more than the website quoted... after asking the sales guy says it's for mud flaps, block heater, floor mats and truck lip protector. So I go back online and price those things in (even though screw paying $160 for shitty thin rubber floor mats), and it's still $1200 more!!

He tells me *maybe* it's labour. I asked how the eff you can charge someone $1200 for labour to install mud flaps and floor mats... he tries to tell me it takes a long time to get those mud flaps on, a few hundred bucks for that labour, and the block heaters take hours to install. Like the dealership is even putting those in.

Oh, and getting that actual price in the first place was like pulling teeth. They literally kept coming out of a back office with a monthly payment written in big bold marker on a sheet of paper. I kept saying GIVE ME A PRICE and they kept countering with WELL LET'S JUST FIGURE OUT YOUR MONTHLY BUDGET HERE.

Needless to say, they got told where to go in a hurry.

:rofl: Was this the Murray Hyundai in Medicine Hat? They are just the same...terrible dealership with shit management:banghead:

acedia
11-17-2015, 02:22 PM
It was that dealership, but the previous owners. It was about 4 years ago. Just bloody awful. I had heard the new guys running it were much better, but you sound like you don't agree with that. :D

Skrilla
11-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by acedia
It was that dealership, but the previous owners. It was about 4 years ago. Just bloody awful. I had heard the new guys running it were much better, but you sound like you don't agree with that. :D

Yea it is worse, the owner(s) now are the ones that own the shaddy GM dealer I worked for. My advice would be to stay away lol

Xtrema
11-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
Hey guys I priced out a 2016 Accord Touring I4 on honda.ca and the price I got was $34,556.81 CASH PURCHASE which include fees, tax and all that crap.. Now when talking to a couple dealerships they all want like $36,XXX PLUS GST.. They dont care if its a cash purchase..Is this normal? Screenshot below

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/X2028/capture%20image_zpszq4elbl4.png (http://s200.photobucket.com/user/X2028/media/capture%20image_zpszq4elbl4.png.html)

MSRP, S stands for Suggested.

Dealer want what dealer wants. If the configuration you want isn't wasting space and time in the lot, there is no incentive for the dealer to lower price to move it.

Simple supply and demand.