PDA

View Full Version : Best time to pickup summer tires?

Shax
11-13-2015, 10:49 AM
I have a set of P Zero Neros on my GTI that are pretty much spent so now that I have my winters on I figured I would look into replacing them. I am leaning towards grabbing a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s which leads me into my question.

Are there generally sales on summers in the dead of winter or is it even worth waiting to grab some?

BavarianBeast
11-13-2015, 10:54 AM
I find they never go on sale :dunno:

?????
11-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Sales are year round at the big box stores.

Unless you plan on looking for a used set on kijiji where you might find a good price on a set of non winter tires in the winter.

A/S 3's would technically be all seasons anyways.

killramos
11-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Best time to shortly before you need them :rofl:

EM2FTL
11-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Shax
I have a set of P Zero Neros on my GTI that are pretty much spent so now that I have my winters on I figured I would look into replacing them. I am leaning towards grabbing a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s which leads me into my question.

Are there generally sales on summers in the dead of winter or is it even worth waiting to grab some?

I've occasionally seen Tirerack specials seasonally, usually in the Springtime as people start to shop for summers again. Problem now is the dollar is so F'd that buying out of the US isn't worth it if you can avoid it.

Shax
11-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by EM2FTL

I've occasionally seen Tirerack specials seasonally, usually in the Springtime as people start to shop for summers again. Problem now is the dollar is so F'd that buying out of the US isn't worth it if you can avoid it.

I'm eyeing up a set from PMC Tire in Quebec, had a few friends order from them and they had good experiences. With our dollar so low I wouldn't consider grabbing a set from the states. Michelin has a $70 rebate on right now until the Middle of December so if I wait I potentially miss out on that.

?????
11-13-2015, 11:45 AM

I'm eyeing up a set from PMC Tire in Quebec, had a few friends order from them and they had good experiences. With our dollar so low I wouldn't consider grabbing a set from the states. Michelin has a $70 rebate on right now until the Middle of December so if I wait I potentially miss out on that.

Try looking on quattrotires. They were the best price when I got my A/S 3's.

Shax
11-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ?????

Try looking on quattrotires. They were the best price when I got my A/S 3's.

$3 more than PMC Tire. So pretty much equal.

eglove
11-13-2015, 11:50 AM
February / March is when the mail in rebates happen. So I would do it then

I have some 235/40/18 a/s3's that I'd be willing to sell only used April-Oct this year Maybe 4,000km put on them

gpomp
11-13-2015, 11:56 AM

I'm eyeing up a set from PMC Tire in Quebec, had a few friends order from them and they had good experiences. With our dollar so low I wouldn't consider grabbing a set from the states. Michelin has a $70 rebate on right now until the Middle of December so if I wait I potentially miss out on that. They usually have the same rebate in spring/summer

ExtraSlow
11-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Since the age of tires is an important factor, I would prefer not to buy leftover old stock six months before I need them. Much better off buying them close to the time you plan on using them.

rx7boi
11-13-2015, 12:28 PM
I bought my AS3's (245/40/18 and 275/40/18) during the $70 instant rebate.

It looks like that promo has been around for a while.

Picked them up at Canadian Tire for $1050 after taxes.

I looked at a variety of places online and was surprised that Cdn Tire had the best deal of them all.

An acquaintance who works at Kaltire tells me Michelin tires don't have alot of markup compared to brands like Achilles so I don't imagine there's a best time for these specific AS3 tires unless there is a fire sale going on.