PDA

View Full Version : Multiple attacks in Paris. 18 dead so far. Ongoing Hostage Crisis

Pages : [1] 2

KrisYYC
11-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Another terrorist attack in Paris :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

Kloubek
11-13-2015, 03:55 PM
sigh.

lilmira
11-13-2015, 03:56 PM
There is no mentioning of terrorist attack yet, is there?

HiTempguy1
11-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

Shooting has also been heard near the Bataclan arts centre with reports of hostages have been taken there.

A shooting where nothing is gained and hostages are taken, sounds like a terrorist attack to me.

Note that terrorists can be homegrown ala FLQ. You don't have to come from outside of a country to commit acts of terror.

KrisYYC
11-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

It's pretty obvious that's what this is no?

lilmira
11-13-2015, 04:03 PM
There is a good chance that it is but I'd rather call it for what it is based on what we know so far. The truth will come out sooner or later.

KrisYYC
11-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Here's The Daily Mail's story on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3317776/Machine-gun-fire-heard-central-Paris-police-flood-scene-not-far-Charlie-Hebdo-shootings.html

lilmira
11-13-2015, 04:12 PM
What a f$%k'd up world

Kloubek
11-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

A shooting where nothing is gained and hostages are taken, sounds like a terrorist attack to me.

Note that terrorists can be homegrown ala FLQ. You don't have to come from outside of a country to commit acts of terror.

...or even be directly affiliated with a particular group, for that matter. "Terrorist" is really just a label. Perhaps one that is thrown around a little too haphazardly these days.

KrisYYC
11-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Some conflicting reports on the death toll. Some saying 18 but others saying 26.

Ongoing hostage crisis...

Just madness.

KrisYYC
11-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Watching the BBC live feed. Now reports of 35-40 dead and over 100 hostages

HiTempguy1
11-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

...or even be directly affiliated with a particular group, for that matter.

I personally feel that once someone's agenda aligns with a group of other people in the hope of doing nothing more than striking fear into people, that meets the requirements of terrorists.

If the KKK in the US had multiple individuals across the country start killing people, I'd support the term "terrorist" as being used on them for instance.

This wasn't just "one person", and in France of all places, I find it hard to believe someone was able to pull off such a large attack without outside help/resources.

theken
11-13-2015, 04:26 PM
If bomb vests and shouting allah Akbar doesn't scream terrorist attack I don't know what else will? What the fuck is wrong with this culture?

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 04:26 PM

darthVWader
11-13-2015, 04:35 PM
CNN just reporting at least 60 dead and multi locations and possible suicide bombings. Coordinated attacks.

BavarianBeast
11-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Jesus what a mess.

TomcoPDR
11-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Fuckin disgusting. And we expect them to respect western cultures?

Konj
11-13-2015, 04:44 PM
this is not looking good for the future of the syrian refugees

darthVWader
11-13-2015, 04:45 PM
One location where hostages are being held is a theatre where a band Eagles Of Death Metal are playing.

https://twitter.com/search?q=eagles+of+death+metal&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 04:47 PM

vengie
11-13-2015, 04:53 PM
"They also shouted, 'this is for Syria', another witness at the theatre claimed."

And some people still wonder why we want nothing to do with their refugees and this mess over here? :banghead:

RIP to all the victims of yet ANOTHER cowardly bullshit act.

max_boost
11-13-2015, 04:55 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Fuck. Ugh. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Konj
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Only if you don't think they are just victims of this kind of Islamist bullshit. How do you expect them to renounce their fucked up religion in a place where you'll be killed for doing so?

I have nothing against Syrian refugees. I am just speculating what the reaction will be from the Europeans.

OU812
Thanks Justin for pulling us out of the fight with ISIS.

Great choice!!

#Canadaiswrong

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 04:56 PM

theken
11-13-2015, 04:59 PM
I've got a question, why is other countries civil wars, refugees, and people any other countries problems? I understand helping people in need, but, we all have our own problems, why are we (not just us, everyone) helping other countries with theirs before their own? Edit..especially the religions that believe they are the master race and will stop at nothing to make it so

LOLzilla
11-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Surely its just one or two bad apples. :rofl:

KrisYYC
11-13-2015, 05:03 PM
French President declared state of emergency for all of France. Borders are closed.

04Terminator
11-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by theken
I've got a question, why is other countries civil wars, refugees, and people any other countries problems? I understand helping people in need, but, we all have our own problems, why are we (not just us, everyone) helping other countries with theirs before their own?

Good question. For some reason, America and Nato has thought of itself as the policeman of the world, and has gone out of their way not only to get involved in civil wars, but to promote and cause them for decades.

It's unfortunate. And we are finally having to face the consequences of those actions.

Terrorism is cowardly. Sad sad and scary.

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 05:07 PM

Canmorite
11-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Extremism is fucking disgusting. Savages. :barf:

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 05:10 PM

n1zm0
11-13-2015, 05:14 PM
The reddit live feed is full of updates, still people inside the theatre, some sad videos, people everywhere outside with lots of injuries. I was just there a few months ago, to think all this is happening is shocking and saddening.

https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmqtrc17ul

FraserB
11-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Harper's not to blame for sending Canadians to Afghanistan though.

Maxx Mazda
11-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Only if you don't think they are just victims of this kind of Islamist bullshit. How do you expect them to renounce their fucked up religion in a place where you'll be killed for doing so?

Why do you insist on defending these people when it's absolutely clear what's going on here? I don't just mean here, I mean the other two threads as well.

frizzlefry
11-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Said it in another thread...I worry that there will be a resurgence of neo-nationalism in Europe. Especially if this is homegrown or refugees. Nationalism would be the only ideology that could crush an idea.

I hate the idea but it's clear "open arms" type policies will be a benefit to extremists.

Extremists don't view westerners as equal. But because they are militarily disadvantaged they resort to suicide bombers. History has shown what happens when western, white, developed nations decide a culture is inferior.

Give it a decade, this could get really ugly.

Maxx Mazda
11-13-2015, 05:21 PM
CNN now reporting at least 60 dead as of 16:20 MST.

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 05:24 PM

n1zm0
11-13-2015, 05:25 PM
They still haven't allowed people out of the Stade de France

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTukdLAW4AAG4Kn.jpg

French special forces are preparing to storm the Bataclan theatre. I just got sick to my stomach, remember the Russian theatre hostage crisis? It's going to be a bloodbath.

There have been tweets from ppl inside saying they're killing hostages one by one and asking the police to raid the theatre , tough situation as to how to take action.

One guy on CNN got out he said, helped a girl with a gunshot wound out and into a taxi, said they were allowed to reload their aks at least 3 or four times and he counted 8 gunmen.

Maxx Mazda
11-13-2015, 05:28 PM
French special forces are preparing to storm the Bataclan theatre. I just got sick to my stomach, remember the Russian theatre hostage crisis? It's going to be a bloodbath.

Who am I defending? I already said that if any of the perps turn out to be Syrian refugees then I'll eat my words.

That we should welcome these Islamists with open arms. Between shit like this, the Russian plane that was taken down, the daily suicide bombings in the Middle East.... Maybe not all refugees are terrorists, but can we really afford to chance it?

Let's keep this thread on the Paris situation tho we can continue this in the other one.

Maxx Mazda
11-13-2015, 05:30 PM
They just had a guy on CNN on the phone from inside the stadium. He's saying the gunmen look very organized. I don't think there will be a good outcome to this.

n1zm0
11-13-2015, 05:33 PM
The GIGN(French SF) are at Forum de Halles (shopping mall) where an explosion went off and some shooting.

Edit: police raiding the Bataclan theatre now apparently, there was a mention that because if the Charlie Hebdo incident, the French media has been advised to stop reporting on detailed actions for fear that the terrorists are being updated.

phreezee
11-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Our new Defence Minister says we have nothing to fear:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harjit-sajjan-isis-badass-1.3316662

RIP

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 05:35 PM

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 05:39 PM

max_boost
11-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Dude our new defense minister is badass haha he looks like Mr.T:thumbsup:

lilmira
11-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Dude our new defense minister is badass haha he looks like Mr.T:thumbsup:

http://orig05.deviantart.net/7432/f/2010/095/c/2/captain_nemo_by_garvals.jpg

n1zm0
11-13-2015, 05:59 PM
http://imgur.com/E1qvTNi.png

I've come to realize that social media on things like this are at least 20 mins ahead of normal news

From French police:

http://imgur.com/kjXIhPU.png

Basically Police RAID (SWAT team), killed 2 remaining gunmen, theatre situation is under control, alot of bodies on the main floor apparently from another source =/

Edit: AFP police source says #s looking like ~100 dead in the theatre fk. RIP

http://imgur.com/57M6sga.png

OTown
11-13-2015, 06:01 PM
CNN reporting up to 60 dead, over 100 hostages in the concert hall

smokedog
11-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by phreezee
Our new Defence Minister says we have nothing to fear:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harjit-sajjan-isis-badass-1.3316662

RIP

I believe Canada is safe from attacks like these. Our cultural atmosphere/environment is much different from France and other nations in the world - Canada is perceived differently in the eyes of the world.

The only terrorist attacks i'm worried about in Canada is the multiple killing of RCMP officers by it's citizens.

403Gemini
11-13-2015, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by smokedog

I believe Canada is safe from attacks like these. Our cultural atmosphere/environment is much different from France and other nations in the world - Canada is perceived differently in the eyes of the world.

The only terrorist attacks i'm worried about in Canada is the multiple killing of RCMP officers by it's citizens.

Wow, not even a year...

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/driver-runs-over-two-canadian-soldiers-outside-montreal-police-shoot-and-kill-driver-after-high-speed-chase

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shootings_at_Parliament_Hill,_Ottawa

But yeah... we're "different"

Tik-Tok
11-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

I've come to realize that social media on things like this are at least 20 mins ahead of normal news

Because normal news attempts (for the most part) to check the facts, instead of spewing instant rumors that may or may not be true.

rx7_turbo2
11-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by smokedog

:rolleyes: Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

KrisYYC
11-13-2015, 06:20 PM
AFP quotes police reports of about 100 dead at the Bataclan theatre alone...

BandW
11-13-2015, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by KrisYYC

Seeing this referenced on CBS. Holy shit.

Canucks3322
Fucking sick people. If it's ISIS doing this and bombing planes now it's getting worse and I'm honestly now not in support of bringing in the refugees, we must can't know who we are letting in for sure and as such we can't let any of them in... Who knows how many are already here, terrorists I mean... I feel for the Innocent refugees but this is so fucked...

smokedog

Damn, thats sad.

Heart goes out to the families :(

BerserkerCatSplat
11-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Dept. Mayor says current count is 158 dead.

Sudanese refugee camp appears to be ablaze.

Madness.

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 06:55 PM

403Gemini
11-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Dept. Mayor says current count is 158 dead.

Sudanese refugee camp appears to be ablaze.

Madness.

Who do you think lit the refugee camp on fire? French citizens outraged or ISIS/terrorists as a way of showing "even if you leave you aren't safe" ?

frizzlefry
11-13-2015, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing an ISIL attack on the camp is the reason for fire. Sudan has a large number of Shia Muslims. Not considered real Muslims by much of ISIL. Sunnis and Shia have been opposed for some time.

yellowGTS
11-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Hollande must resign immediately for presiding over such a catastrophic security failure.

France's army must install permanent check points around the Muslim ghettos, Israeli-style. There is no other way.

That is a poor thing to say....did you claim the same when 9-11 happened - requesting Bush to resign

It is a tragedy and we have to mourn for the unnecessary loss of lives and for the families affected.

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 07:42 PM

smokedog
11-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by yellowGTS

That is a poor thing to say....did you claim the same when 9-11 happened - requesting Bush to resign

It is a tragedy and we have to mourn for the unnecessary loss of lives and for the families affected.

Feel for all the families that lost loved ones. Just heard about the attacks in Beirut. This is sad

I'm curious, did the Iraq invasion by Bush concretize ISIS?

BerserkerCatSplat
11-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Who do you think lit the refugee camp on fire? French citizens outraged or ISIS/terrorists as a way of showing "even if you leave you aren't safe" ?

Honestly? I haven't the faintest idea.

FraserB
11-13-2015, 08:48 PM
I doubt there would be any way to counter this type of incident before it happens. To even have a chance you'd need to kind of intelligence framework in place that so many here are against.

Kloubek
11-13-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm still all for bringing in refugees. They just need to be low risk. The carnage tonight is a fraction of the very kind of violence they are fleeing. If anything, it should ignite compassion even more for our fellow man.

However, I said it before and I'll say it again.... the liberal promise of 25,000 by the new year does not, IMO, provide us enough time for proper screening..... let alone the logistical challenges of such an undertaking. Its easy for them to say they will do it in a campaign.... harder to implement. Especially after today.

And I completely agree Fraser. There is zero chance of any agency catching all militant actions. It isn't possible if a terrorist organization wants to strike, they can and will eventually.

Any one of us could take out 25-50 people with information found in the internet. How can any country stop that kind of easy access to methods and potential victims. A coordinated attack like this is more difficult to fly under the radar, but still a totally easy thing to organize.

max_boost
11-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I doubt there would be any way to counter this type of incident before it happens. To even have a chance you'd need to kind of intelligence framework in place that so many here are against. Exactly.

Harper would have kept you all safe! Bill C-51! :nut:

Kloubek
11-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Well, c51 would have increased our safety, I imagine. At the expense of rights and freedoms. But in the end, we will be successfully attacked no matter what. Its just a matter of time.

googe
11-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

This is the exact group that the refugees are fleeing from in Syria. Not sure how you can screw that up.

01RedDX
11-13-2015, 10:19 PM

OU812
11-13-2015, 10:52 PM
of course they blew themselves up.

7 of 8 anyway,

JRSC00LUDE
11-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Fuck some people are horrid. But the majority, regardless of race or religion ARE inherently good.

finboy
11-14-2015, 12:12 AM
At this point sounds like over 100 dead at the theatre, both eagles of death metal and members of the deftones (attending the concert, scheduled to play the next night) made it out before things went completely crazy.

I have to be honest, I don't know what to even think in this scenario. Land attacks don't work, reactionary security measures for show don't work, it seems the only thing that did keep some level of peace in the Middle East was horrible dictators. Had anyone told me in 2001 that we would still be dealing with the fallout of America/Britain's poor choice of rushing into war in 2016, I don't think I would have believed it. For almost 15 years western countries have tried a plethora of different methods in the area, many of which I don't agree with but can understand why people have knee jerk reactions and allow politicians to make those choices.

I *personally* think Canada needs to stay removed from ISIS in a combat role, but fully understand why people believe we should be with attacks like this. The motivation to do SOMETHING is very strong, as scenarios like this do make us feel powerless. For all the measures taken in the last 15 years, 8 men can still pull something off like this.

The sheer number of dead at the theatre is staggering, and I think this attack is hitting me hardest because that easily could have been me at a show like that. Descriptions of gunmen having time to reload, and slaughter people one at a time truly is horrifying.

Condolences to those who lost someone, I'm hoping something good can come from all this but I don't see how it will.

403Gemini
11-14-2015, 01:17 AM
The best way I heard a veteran talk about the ISIS situation is comparing it to an overflowing sink. The water of course being the refugees - we can put down all the buckets we want , but unless you turn off the tap (stop ISIS), the water won't stop pouring.

What do you think ISIS's end game is? Does anyone honestly believe they'll take Syria, fist pump and say "YAY WE DID IT!!!" ... no. Western civilization and it's extermination is their inherent goal. They are recruiting the same way Hitler did, they take over countries and fill their ranks with fear.

Fucking Al Qaeda has SOME form of honor. Al Qaeda is typically against random attacks like what happened tonight because they don't want to have Muslims killed accidentally.

ISIS does not give two shits about that - they are going into mosques and holding men at gun point having them join, or die.

I can guarantee they're already taking advantage of the refugee situation and having trained soldiers getting across European & North American borders.

2016 is going to be a shitty year.

googe
11-14-2015, 01:47 AM
That's right, it's the Alawites, Shia and Christians who are fleeing and they hate ISIS even more than we do.

George Takei posted something very poignant tonight. Hit me right in the feels.

but i heard japs are rapers :eek:

spikerS
11-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Fuck some people are horrid. But the majority, regardless of race or religion ARE inherently good.

I disagree completely. The very tiny minority are inherently good people.

The majority of people act good due to fear of being ostracized, outcast, or put in jail.

People are scum, period. 999/1000 you put in front of me would steal $100 from someone else if there was a guarantee that they would not face reprisal for their actions, and if no one else would find out.

Being "inherently nice" is a continuous decision that must be made at every turn. Having said that, there are a few pure souls that are inherently good, and being kind and helping others and what not come naturally and instinctively. But those people are definitely not the norm. Without laws and an image based society, the world would reflect mad max pretty closely.

OU812
11-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Just declare war on them and put boots on the ground. Cave to cave, village to village, whatever it takes.

ZenOps
11-14-2015, 10:36 AM
And in the background.. "I told you so" (not exact quote) Donald Trump.

Sal0
11-14-2015, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by spikerS

People are scum, period. 999/1000 you put in front of me would steal $100 from someone else if there was a guarantee that they would not face reprisal for their actions, and if no one else would find out.

The only thing that tells me is you are hanging out like-minded individuals, and you probably fall under the same category. Who really thinks this way?

Maxx Mazda
11-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sal0

The only thing that tells me is you are hanging out like-minded individuals, and you probably fall under the same category. Who really thinks this way?

The question should be who does NOT think that way?

tirebob
11-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Sal0

The only thing that tells me is you are hanging out like-minded individuals, and you probably fall under the same category. Who really thinks this way? If you know anything about Chris, you would not assume that about him whatsoever... He is the guy who stop on the road every single time anybody is broke down or in an accident or whatever to offer assistance without accepting anything in return. If anybody on beyond is in need of help, he is always the first to volunteer if he can. I would give that guy money to hold and tell him I will be back in fourty years and I am 100% confident it will be there waiting 40 years from now... Sadly, it is people like him that get taken advantage of more often than others which may be why he has the perspective he does, but what stands above all that is that even still, he carries on being the man he is...

Hmmmm.... I think might I have a man crush on Spikers!! Lol :love:

austic
11-14-2015, 12:22 PM
I doubt there would be any way to counter this type of incident before it happens. To even have a chance you'd need to kind of intelligence framework in place that so many here are against.
Bang on, you cant stop it unless you know its going to happen but people are more worried about there inconsequential personal details being overhead.

Sugarphreak
11-14-2015, 12:40 PM

n1zm0
11-14-2015, 12:59 PM

As said above, the only way for the government to know exactly what's going on in every detail is to basically spy on their people and effectively scare the population into being complacent, along the lines of what the NKVD/KGB, Gestapo, Stasi or Romanian Securitate did.

No agency with this type of extreme surveillance method would exist in the current 'free world' , so of course you can only do what you can within the current terms. Albeit it is successful sometimes, that we know of publicly that is.

Seems that once again there's a Belgian terrorist cell connection, the Belgian police just raided multiple residences and stopped a car at the Belgian border with suspects. Cars found and used in the attacks were rented from Brussels apparently.

Video from a journalist across the Bataclan who was in his apartment watching a movie when it started, very scary, watching people climb over the bodies, girl in the front on her cellphone unable to move, dragging bodies of their friends, girl on the balcony holding on was pregnant she says and she asks for help, not sure what happened to her unfortunately as she gets pulled back in by another person, he keeps asking 'what's going on what's going on' and people say 'they're shooting'. Subsequently after the video the journalist went down and helped an American guy who got shot, then in turn got shot by one of the gunmen from the balcony, just an awful scene, nsfl/nsfw :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3dqzx9_images-de-la-fusillade-au-bataclan_news

JRSC00LUDE
11-14-2015, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

I disagree completely. The very tiny minority are inherently good people.

The majority of people act good due to fear of being ostracized, outcast, or put in jail.

People are scum, period.

Being "inherently nice" is a continuous decision that must be made at every turn. Having said that, there are a few pure souls that are inherently good, and being kind and helping others and what not come naturally and instinctively. But those people are definitely not the norm. Without laws and an image based society, the world would reflect mad max pretty closely.

Obviously I know OF people like that but in my entire social circle I can't think of a single person who fits that description. Sorry Chris, I find that opinion to be utter horseshit.

EDIT - "999/1000 you put in front of me would steal $100 from someone else if there was a guarantee that they would not face reprisal for their actions, and if no one else would find out."

So essentially you're calling everyone on this Forum (statistically) a thieving piece of shit. I think you need to figure out whats made you so jaded.....

Rat Fink
11-14-2015, 01:15 PM

spikerS
11-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by tirebob

Hmmmm.... I think might I have a man crush on Spikers!! Lol :love:

Oh, you! :love:

Thanks for that Bob. But the world is a shitty place. Always has been, always will be. Everyone is willing to step onto that stage on the back of someone else. Humans are inherently greedy and malicious. Might is right, and has been since the dawn of time. We have evolved from our ancestors and have evolved a standard where society puts pressure on those to act in a certain way, but don't kid yourself, strip that pressure away, and the human race will fall back into the "might is right" mindset faster than you can blink, and that is exactly what we are seeing over there. People battling for power, killing, raping, destroying whatever. It is all fear and intimidation. The strong and dominant will lead, and adopt the attitude "if you are not for us, you are against us" and bully though intense fear.

I am in a somewhat unique situation though. I am big enough that most people won't try to intimidate me in a 1:1 setting or small group, because my size alone is enough to intimidate most, and I can continue to do my best to be good. But on a grand scale, it means fuck all.

These bombings are just that. 9/11 was just that. every terrorist attack is just that. Fear and intimidation. Might is right.

Humans are scum.

JRSC00LUDE
11-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Well by that logic, all who died were worthless scum anyways so why pay it any mind? Obviously the world is better off without a few less pieces of human trash littering the landscape (figuratively, not literally as many of them are now). :dunno:

rx7_turbo2
11-14-2015, 01:41 PM
I tend to kind of agree with Spikers.

Humans are garbage. All humans? No, but enough. I've said this before, the end of the human race will come, and when it does the likely cause will be humans themselves. We'll either obliterate ourselves into history, or rape this planet of its resources till it shakes us off like a bad case of flees. There is no stopping it, you can police the shit out of people, declare "war" on it, try and tax polluters, none of it will matter. Enough humans will find a way to be shitty that the voice of those that aren't will mean nothing.

I didn't always feel this way, as time moves on I've become much more cynical. There are parts of this world that need a reset button, that's not politically correct I get it, but trying to manage it hasn't and won't ever work. What does that reset button look like? I have absolutely no idea.

ianmcc
11-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Celebrating the attack on live TV. And people wonder why they get painted with the same brush as the terrorists.

rrMlzNtMCbI

spikerS
11-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Well by that logic, all who died were worthless scum anyways so why pay it any mind? Obviously the world is better off without a few less pieces of human trash littering the landscape (figuratively, not literally as many of them are now). :dunno:

No, you are missing my point.

Those people that are fleeing or are hurt, are just on the wrong side of the coin in this case. The vast majority of them would behave in a similar way if the roles were reversed, your statement about trash is apt.

What I am saying is put someone in a room with $100. That person could choose to do the "right" thing and leave it there, or try to find the rightful owner. OR, they could take it, and keep it, knowing that they stole it, and not face any consequences like becoming a social pariah or face jail, and no one would know they took it. 999/1000 times, the person will pocket it. There are those "inherently good" people out there, but they are usually railroaded by people with different morals.

FixedGear
11-14-2015, 02:26 PM
^wow you've got a really dark view of the world, man. Your $100 in a room example is totally hypothetical so I'm not going to comment on that. However, most people I know are willing to help others that are hungry, sick, injured, distressed, etc.

Just the other day, there was a guy walking down the middle of a 3 lane highway with a rolling suitcase in his hand. Thankfully, a guy pulled over and got out to try and stop traffic so he could help the guy. Amazing right, because according to you all of the cars should've been accelerating and making a game of pureeing the guy.

KrisYYC
11-14-2015, 02:50 PM
News reporting at least one of the attackers had a Syrian passport and tried to claim asylum in Greece earlier.

Rocket1k78
11-14-2015, 03:00 PM

Obviously I know OF people like that but in my entire social circle I can't think of a single person who fits that description. Sorry Chris, I find that opinion to be utter horseshit.

EDIT - "999/1000 you put in front of me would steal $100 from someone else if there was a guarantee that they would not face reprisal for their actions, and if no one else would find out."

So essentially you're calling everyone on this Forum (statistically) a thieving piece of shit. I think you need to figure out whats made you so jaded.....

I have to agree with this too. I know some scummy people too but to say 999/1000 people are bad is messed up.

KrisYYC
11-14-2015, 03:10 PM
So now the question is: Is it worth the risk to bring 25,000 refugees in even if the vast majority are decent people? 8 men pulled off this attack in Paris. Even if only 1% of the 25,000 were radical that means we'd have 250 radicals on our soil.

403Gemini
11-14-2015, 03:18 PM
SpikerS isn't wrong - and as for Sal's comment, SpikerS is one of the stand up members on this community - he's offered people his cell number to ANYBODY on the forum and to tow them / pick them up when we had that really awful winter a few years back.

You want to see humanity uncensored? Go on the deep web/dark net. You need a browser to get there that makes you pretty much anonymous , and you will see the 90%+ of the internet that isn't cataloged (can't be searched using google) - you go to random websites with onion links and if you dig enough you will find the darkest shit on the internet. Child porn is the tip of the iceberg. There is a website which opening line is "not everybody is created equal" - where the people on the website kidnap homeless people and conduct "medical" experiments on them , like pressure tests (how much PSI can the human skin take), how much stress can a limb take before getting ripped off, what true sleep deprivation does to a person. The effects of starvation , and then forced overeating.

Other various sites have "red rooms" where you can pay bitcoin to watch streams of people getting tortured - or pay bit coins to watch murder videos.

There are forums like ours where threads are titled "Abducted 6 year old, video of how I did it"

Links on how to break into homes, how to abduct women, how to rape them.

More websites to buy firearms & narcotics using bitcoin

You can even hire hitmen on it.

So yeah, the human race uncensored is fucked up.

There's a youtuber who streams a lot of the stuff he sees on the deep web, here's a sample vid of shit he's found. (skip to 11:46... that shit is fucked)

eT8fFZVgOZY?t=11m46s

Again, 90%+ of the internet is what we don't see, so even the raw footage shit we can find by simple URL's (Like Ogrish) - it only gets worse.

JRSC00LUDE
11-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

The fact that there are horrible people isn't new and will never change. Shocking? Of course not. Still, if you took every person creating and utilizing the things you referred to do you actually believe it's 99.9% of the world population or, maybe more like 2-5%?

In other words, do you really think they represent the majority?

FraserB
11-14-2015, 03:37 PM
So now the question is: Is it worth the risk to bring 25,000 refugees in even if the vast majority are decent people? 8 men pulled off this attack in Paris. Even if only 1% of the 25,000 were radical that means we'd have 250 radicals on our soil.

Don't worry, our elected officials who have armed security have decided that the risk to normal Canadians is acceptable for the political capital they seem themselves gaining through rushing refugees into the country. Just remember, as a Canadian citizen, you are not allowed to take measures to protect yourself and your loved ones; if you do, you'll wind up in front of a judge.

And the defense minister even said we don't have to worry about ISIL, so its all good! :thumbsup:

01RedDX
11-14-2015, 03:47 PM