PDA

View Full Version : Request Jail Time For Speeding Ticket?

2BLUE
11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
I was at the court house the other day, and there was a guy requesting jail time for a traffic ticket which the courts wouldn't do for whatever reason.

Is this actually possible?

If so would you now have a criminal record?

I'm sure if your getting put in city cells or remand center there going to take finger prints etc

I have searched high and low and don't see any posting of Alberta resident's going to jail on their own accord.

rob the knob
11-18-2015, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
I was at the court house the other day, and there are was a guy requesting jail time for a traffic ticket which the courts wouldn't do for whatever reason.

Is this actually possible?

If so would you now have a criminal record?

I'm sure if your getting put in city cells or remand center there going to take finger prints etc

I have searched high and low and don't see any posting of Alberta resident's going to jail on their own accord.

if you loss job, you have lots of time and no monies to pay tickets. then jail is good option to make monies.

revelations
11-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Many people have spent a weekend in a cell block because of unpaid traffic or parking fines.

Its sometimes cheaper actually .... and no, you wont get a criminal record.

2BLUE
11-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Well what's the going rate per day?

There's no such Canadian information out there on this option.

I'm sure if there was more info more people would pick this option.

revelations
11-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Well what's the going rate per day?

There's no such Canadian information out there on this option.

I'm sure if there was more info more people would pick this option.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=alberta+traffic+fine+jail+instead+of+pay

There are a bunch of PDFs about 4th-5th hit down.

ZenOps
11-18-2015, 08:58 PM
If you don't have a residence, its a free meal and roof over your head for a while. It especially useful if it a case where its either jail or a fine and not and/or a fine.

https://www.rt.com/usa/old-man-bank-prison-248/

"A 2012 Human Rights Watch report found that the number of sentenced state and federal prisoners aged 65 or older grew at a rate 94 times greater than that of the overall prison population."