PDA

View Full Version : I swear, some people in Calgary make me sick. Hit 2 kids and fuck off.

spikerS
11-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Fucking scum. Seriously injure 2 kids with your truck and then leave them in the street while you fuck off. I really hope they get caught and get sodomized by a splintery broom stick.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/11/20/two-kids-injured-in-beddington-hit-and-run

Two children were injured by a hit-and-run driver in the city's northwest Friday morning.

A nine-year-old girl and a boy, 11, were struck as they crossed Bermondsey Way at Berkley Dr. N.W. at 7:40 a.m.

The girl suffered a severe leg fracture, the boy soft tissue injuries and are not in life-threatening condition.

A boy with the pair narrowly avoided injury.

It's possible a pickup truck fled the scene.

403ep3
11-20-2015, 10:31 AM
In B4 dodge comment..

Used to live really close to there and some relatives live very close to there. Luckily they are in ok condition rather than dead.. Hope they catch the person

gwill
11-20-2015, 10:33 AM
what kind of reporting is this...

a pick up truck may have left the scene?

Umm.. did it or didn't it?

roopi
11-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by gwill
what kind of reporting is this...

a pick up truck may have left the scene?

Umm.. did it or didn't it?

It possibly did. (or may not have).

suntan
11-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Quantum truck.

Tik-Tok
11-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Truck is still there, but it's painted camo so you can't see it.

Seriously though, that's fucked up.

revelations
11-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Atrocious grammar. The reporter is trying to convey that the vehicle may have been a truck.

There is also a good chance the driver never knew they hit something - esp. if it was a lifted truck and the driver was texting or looking at traffic rather than pedestrians.

darthVWader
11-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Was it "FULLY LOADED"

G-ZUS
11-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by darthVWader
Was it "FULLY LOADED"

Maybe it was his winter beater

HiTempguy1
11-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Where's the "mandatory school zones" smilie?

:rofl:

But yes, what in the actual f*&k?

Seth1968
11-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Voted for the worst reporting of the year. The article failed on every level.

Bring in the Syrian refugees, as their worst could probably better describe a story.

BokCh0y
11-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
In B4 dodge comment..

Used to live really close to there and some relatives live very close to there. Luckily they are in ok condition rather than dead.. Hope they catch the person

I used to live super close to there too like 22 years ago...Bermondsey Rise. My old hood. Crazy!!!

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Where's the "mandatory school zones" smilie?

:rofl:

But yes, what in the actual f*&k?

There actually used to be a 30 zone there previously. When I lived there as a kid, there was an accident where a little girl was run over on Berkley Drive and Bermondsey Way. So they put up a 30 zone there. And then I think it was like 5 years ago or something like that they took the 30 zone down.

And yes....super shitty. Hope the kids are ok and hope they catch the person who hit them. Totally not cool. Wish there was a better description.

Xtrema
11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
There actually used to be a 30 zone there previously. When I lived there as a kid, there was an accident where a little girl was run over on Berkley Drive and Bermondsey Way. So they put up a 30 zone there. And then I think it was like 5 years ago or something like that they took the 30 zone down.

There is no school and playground is at least a block away.

That said, coming down the hill is quite dangerous when road freeze over.

rage2
11-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Isn't it interesting that the city removes playground zones where it's needed, and plops down 100 new playground zones where it's not needed?

FixedGear
11-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Can't believe someone would drive off and leave the kids for dead - bet the guy was drunk or something.

Xtrema
11-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear
Can't believe someone would drive off and leave the kids for dead - bet the guy was drunk or something.

I bet driving without insurance. If I'm down on my luck and income is tight, insurance is probably the 1st thing I'll skip on.

OTown
11-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I bet driving without insurance. If I'm down on my luck and income is tight, insurance is probably the 1st thing I'll skip on.

Oh cool - instead of just parking your car like a reasonable person and riding the ctrain/bus you're just going to go out there and possibly victimize others? And then face between 3 to 10 thousand dollar fine plus impound and surcharge, or jail? I know its hypothetical but it really shows the type of person you are.

88CRX
11-20-2015, 02:53 PM

What? Seriously?

Neil4Speed
11-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

What? Seriously?

I think he is speaking from the perspective of a degenerate...

Xtrema
11-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by OTown

Oh cool - instead of just parking your car like a reasonable person and riding the ctrain/bus you're just going to go out there and possibly victimize others? And then face between 3 to 10 thousand dollar fine plus impound and surcharge, or jail? I know its hypothetical but it really shows the type of person you are.

'I' as in the mind of the low life, not 'I' personally.

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I think he is speaking from the perspective of a degenerate...

Someone gets it.

Unknown303
11-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Maybe the kids deserved it. :dunno:

doomdealer
11-20-2015, 04:07 PM
This is a much more readable version of the same story:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/children-traffic-crash-beddington-heights-in-nw-calgary-1.3327723

Police are searching for a Dodge Ram or similar vehicle, which they say struck the kids near the intersection of Berkley Drive and Bermondsey Way N.W. shortly after 7:30 a.m.

They believe the truck drove through a stop sign and struck two children — a 12-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl. The girl's brother was also with them, but avoided being hit.

Given that the dumbass truck driver ran a stop sign prior to hitting the children, I somehow doubt having a playground/school zone there would have been of any help.

max_boost
11-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Maybe the kids deserved it. :dunno: Ethnic parents would blame the kids. The white folks, the kids can do no wrong!

HiTempguy1
11-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by doomdealer

Given that the dumbass truck driver ran a stop sign prior to hitting the children, I somehow doubt having a playground/school zone there would have been of any help.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg

Tik-Tok
11-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by doomdealer

Probably not, but the entire city being a 40 zone would definitely have saved their lives!

01RedDX
11-20-2015, 04:45 PM

Unknown303
11-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Damn those entitled white kids. I wish I could hit them all with my Dodge Ram.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Lazy white kids probably wanted serious injuries so they could stay home.

something something GoFundMe

BokCh0y
11-20-2015, 09:06 PM

There is no school and playground is at least a block away.

That said, coming down the hill is quite dangerous when road freeze over.

Again, I said there USED to be....apparently removed in 2005. Here's an article:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/city-looking-at-removing-16-playground-zones-1.541663

And one of the commenters in this article mentions it too - rocklyrambler:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/children-hit-run-crash-beddington-heights-calgary-1.3327723

Sugarphreak
11-20-2015, 11:02 PM

Sentry
11-20-2015, 11:18 PM
They can't all be wrong, can they? :D

toastgremlin
11-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Cops should have an easy job ahead of them, all they have to do now is find the only white Dodge Ram without recent front end body damage and blood smears on the bumper.

Originally posted by max_boost
Ethnic parents would blame the kids. The white folks, the kids can do no wrong! Hard working ethnic kids would turn getting run over by a Big Honky Edition Dodge Ram into a business opportunity.

Shine your diff sir?

revelations
11-21-2015, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
Cops should have an easy job ahead of them, all they have to do now is find the only white Dodge Ram without recent front end body damage and blood smears on the bumper.

Hitting small pedestrians is not the same as hitting a deer at speed. The motorist ran a stop sign so they weren't traveling at highway speeds. Its highly unlikely any physical damage would have been imparted on the vehicle (unless witnesses state otherwise).

The CPS have already put out a social media feed requesting the offender turn themselves in, or be turned in by the public.

cancer man
11-21-2015, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by revelations

Hitting small pedestrians is not the same as hitting a deer at speed. The motorist ran a stop sign so they weren't traveling at highway speeds. Its highly unlikely any physical damage would have been imparted on the vehicle (unless witnesses state otherwise).

The CPS have already put out a social media feed requesting the offender turn themselves in, or be turned in by the public.

Good Luck.

revelations
11-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by cancer man
Good Luck.

You'd be surprised how often it works.

Of course if the truck was stolen, then its not likely.

HomespunLobster
11-21-2015, 07:40 PM
In the last two weeks I face palmed on how many people don't notice pedestrians.

At an intersection, counted 8 cars that didn't stop for a pedestrian standing at the crosswalk, followed by 2 cars that blew past as she was at the half way point.

Another was 4 cars that drove past while the pedestrian waited at the crosswalk to cross

And today, I came to a stop in the Shawnessy shopping area for a pedestrian to cross, person behind me laid on the horn, guy who was behind me in the left lane quite a ways just bombed through, oncoming traffic 2 cars flew through, and then once everyone was 'stopped' someone tried to do the legal situation of using the advantage of a pedestrian to go (who was parallel to the pedestrain) and then another person skidded to a stop in the intersection. It was the most giant clusterfuck I've seen in a while.

TL;DR. No one in this city cares about pedestrians

Sentry
11-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster
In the last two weeks I face palmed on how many people don't notice pedestrians.

At an intersection, counted 8 cars that didn't stop for a pedestrian standing at the crosswalk, followed by 2 cars that blew past as she was at the half way point.

Another was 4 cars that drove past while the pedestrian waited at the crosswalk to cross

And today, I came to a stop in the Shawnessy shopping area for a pedestrian to cross, person behind me laid on the horn, guy who was behind me in the left lane quite a ways just bombed through, oncoming traffic 2 cars flew through, and then once everyone was 'stopped' someone tried to do the legal situation of using the advantage of a pedestrian to go (who was parallel to the pedestrain) and then another person skidded to a stop in the intersection. It was the most giant clusterfuck I've seen in a while.

TL;DR. No one in this city cares about pedestrians
Obviously they should be riding bicycles instead of walking.

suntan
11-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster

TL;DR. No one in this city cares about pedestrians That's what you get for living in the stinky south.

HomespunLobster
11-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by suntan
That's what you get for living in the stinky south.

One of those occurrences was in the NE. I don't think it matters what end of the city you are in. And it's not stinky where I am, the SE though smells like the dump