Gondi Stylez
03-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Pegasus - Greek Food
1101 14th St SW
Food - 3
Ambience - 4
Service - 2
Value - 2

Well it wasn't the best greek food ive has, but it seemed like a nice place but the food wasnt the greatest! price was like 100 w/ drinks, apps, main and tip! that is pretty damn expensive for 4 ppl! the place is nice inside, very quite and good for talking but the location and parking sucks! im gonna be going to this other greek resturant next week or the week after and ill put a review for that one! so, not the best resturant but hey, the house red wasnt that bad!! ;)

Idratherbsidewayz
03-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Did you get the belly dancer?

Thats what makes the night awesome...

switch
03-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Food - 2.5
Ambience - 2.5
Service - 1
Value - 2

I took my gf to Pegasus for a greek feast after reading rave reviews.

My gf likes donairs -- pita, chicken, red onion and tzatiki -- not a big fan of the greek rice and potatoes.

So after ordering drinks I politely ask the waiter if it would be possible for the cook to make her a 'donair', he said fine but it would be the same price as the souvakli -- $16.95 -- I say thats fine and then go into detail what she wants on it. Just a plain donair wrap with pita, chicken, red onion and tzatiki -- which in my opinion is not worth $16.95 but thats what she wants so its fine.

He says, with attitude, "We do not have red onion".

I say, "A greek restaurant that doesn't have red onion? thats like a chinese restaurant without soy sauce."

He says, "Sorry sir, no red onion."

I reply, "Whatever, just regular onion then."

My appy arrives, a Bruschetta (which I might add was very good) -- covered in RED ONIONS.

He returns with more drinks, I point out, "These are red onions, this is what I wanted and you said you did not have them on the menu."

He says blushing with a stupid look on his face, "I meant we do not carry very much stock of them."

I say, "Why did you lie in the first place then? whats the big deal its just an onion, not caviar and she wants it on her wrap."

Dude gives me attitude without saying anything and I tell him to go get it.

Anyways, almost end of rant:

- service was mediocre -- waited 25 minutes after we ate to get the bill and the waiter was an idiot.

- 20+ customers were all crammed into one corner leaving the rest of the restaurant empty.

- Food was expensive for greek cuisine -- meat on a stick, potatoes and rice should not come to $110 for two people.

- No parking for patrons

Gondi Stylez
03-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by switch
Food - 2.5
Ambience - 2.5
Service - 1
Value - 2

I took my gf to Pegasus for a greek feast after reading rave reviews.

My gf likes donairs -- pita, chicken, red onion and tzatiki -- not a big fan of the greek rice and potatoes.

So after ordering drinks I politely ask the waiter if it would be possible for the cook to make her a 'donair', he said fine but it would be the same price as the souvakli -- $16.95 -- I say thats fine and then go into detail what she wants on it. Just a plain donair wrap with pita, chicken, red onion and tzatiki -- which in my opinion is not worth $16.95 but thats what she wants so its fine.

He says, with attitude, "We do not have red onion".

I say, "A greek restaurant that doesn't have red onion? thats like a chinese restaurant without soy sauce."

He says, "Sorry sir, no red onion."

I reply, "Whatever, just regular onion then."

My appy arrives, a Bruschetta (which I might add was very good) -- covered in RED ONIONS.

He returns with more drinks, I point out, "These are red onions, this is what I wanted and you said you did not have them on the menu."

He says blushing with a stupid look on his face, "I meant we do not carry very much stock of them."

I say, "Why did you lie in the first place then? whats the big deal its just an onion, not caviar and she wants it on her wrap."

Dude gives me attitude without saying anything and I tell him to go get it.

Anyways, almost end of rant:

- service was mediocre -- waited 25 minutes after we ate to get the bill and the waiter was an idiot.

- 20+ customers were all crammed into one corner leaving the rest of the restaurant empty.

- Food was expensive for greek cuisine -- meat on a stick, potatoes and rice should not come to $110 for two people.

- No parking for patrons

:werd: i had some of those same problems when i was there! its fuckin expesive first off! that is just retarted! opa is bigger portions and better food for half the damn price! the service wasnt that good at all! and the parking and location blows! we just parked in the hairdressers spot next door! pretty dissapointed if you ask me!

2 other greek resteurants im goin to be tryin soon are this one of center street and the other one is on sarcee! i forgot the names but ill post them when i remember! unless you guys have any other good suggestions that is also pretty decent on the wallet!

Weapon_R
03-15-2004, 12:19 PM
If you like Greek, Try Santorini. And give a review - my friend's parents own it and it seems to be a pretty good place, but I have yet to try it.

It's on Center and 15th Ave (Near Banana Jaks)

sputnik
03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
There used to be a little greek restaurant on center st and 7th sw... they had the BEST greek food in the city... and it was a tiny little hole in the wall ran by 2 old people.

however the building that they were in is being renovated and i think they just closed their shop.

Melinda
03-15-2004, 02:54 PM
There's a little greek restaurant on the corner of fairmount and heritage drive...my parents eat there all the time and they love it...pretty cheap as well (or so they say)

Gondi Stylez
03-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
If you like Greek, Try Santorini. And give a review - my friend's parents own it and it seems to be a pretty good place, but I have yet to try it.

that is the one my GF ate at a while back! she said it was really good but doesnt rememeber it too much in detail! but ye i will be tryin it in the next month probably and ill post my review!

XylathaneGTR
03-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I see the place ALLLLLLL the time, i'll definitly make sure to give it a try sometime soon...Havn't heard anything about it tho.