PDA

View Full Version : Calgary BMW Service Contact

killramos
12-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Hey are there any beyonders here who work in the Calgary BMW service department or have a good no bullshit contact for one?

My mum is having an issue with her X1, car was 100% fine until it went in for a 1 year service yesterday morning. Today she gets a TPMS warning and has a slow air leak from one of her tire valve stems, gets worse when cap is removed. Looks like a goof on their part when they topped them up or something.

They are giving her the run around and saying bring the car over in a couple weeks for a diagnostic (while her tire is bloody flat) and I just want to get this resolved.

Thanks guys.

roopi
12-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Try tightening the tire valve stem?

killramos
12-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Just brought it down and left it at the dealer. This is their problem to solve.

killramos
12-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Fuck i hate getting put to deal with things on behalf of family members. Apparently its fixed and ready for pickup now. Likely valve stem as roopi mentioned.

:closed:

Black Gts
12-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Tpms is fical, as the masses need it. Almost to the point I ignore it, 30psi in one tire in cold is not an emergency. Is the 2015 recovery thread running yet? :burnout: :rofl:

killramos
12-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Lol the tire was actually leaking not a tpms thing.

Team_Mclaren
12-02-2015, 11:08 PM
For something that's not very BMW specific, should've just brought it to a tire shop and get it fix for a few dollars.

Black Gts
12-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Or kal tire for free ;)

killramos
12-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
For something that's not very BMW specific, should've just brought it to a tire shop and get it fix for a few dollars.

It was more of a BMW fucked something up therefore BMW gets to fix it (it was just in for service yesterday and prior to that no issue). Its a brand new BMW still under inclusive maintenance. I called my uncle, who runs a shop in Cochrane, and he said based on what we saw it was definitely their fuck up and that we should take it back to them, especially on the off chance that they damaged something beyond repair.

BMW ended up fixing it for free so :dunno:

I only started this thread after my mum called me upset because the service department was treating her like shit and making it seem like it couldn't possibly be her fault. Not the kind of service she paid for with a brand new car on service inclusive.

EK 2.0
12-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Service departments must LOVE customers like you...:rolleyes:

killramos
12-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Service departments must LOVE customers like you...:rolleyes:

And what is that supposed to mean?

When someone messes something up that you pay for do you like to go pay someone else to fix it again? Do you like to do it yourself?

You realize that if they busted a valve stem and i or someone else starts fucking with it they can deny liability for the damage? Taking it back to them to fix is the only way to cover my ass. Run flat tires aren't cheap.

I am nothing but respectful to the SA's at any dealer i have had my cars serviced at. There is a difference between being firm and running in there screaming at people like an asshole.

EK 2.0
12-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by killramos

And what is that supposed to mean?

I am nothing but respectful to the SA's at any dealer i have had my cars serviced at. There is a difference between being firm and running in there screaming at people like an asshole.

What it means is that you started a thread asking for a direct contact for someone in the service department.

Yes, you are totally right, if you had your car in for service get it back and there is an issue then yeah take it back.

But then you post up "Just brought it down and left it at the dealer. This is their problem to solve."

From the responses, and way you carried yourself in this thread you come off as one of those "special" customers...And as I work in the industry I can understand both the customers side AND the side of the service/parts departments.

If you had issues contacting a service advisor, or they told you (or your mom to bring it in over the next couple of weeks) the department has people in place above advisors that can address your situation.

killramos
12-03-2015, 09:05 AM

the department has people in place above advisors that can address your situation.

Which is all I was trying to get by starting the thread in the first place.

Calling the dealer was going nowhere. So i went another avenue, quick and polite post on beyond for a community contact (this is a far cry from a calling the dealer out thread). I then went a different avenue, leaving it in their service bay with a flat tire, which solved the problem.

I guess in that industry expecting reasonable assistance in the first place without going over someones head is to much to ask?

Kaos
12-03-2015, 10:42 AM
You do realize from the time that it was at BMW and from the time she drove it, anything could've happened. She may have run over a nail for all we know but when you call a dealer and tell them that something is wrong, they need to book an appointment. Which is likely why they said bring it over the next couple of weeks to diagnose.

Doesn't seem like they were giving you the run around at all.

roopi
12-03-2015, 10:46 AM

From the responses, and way you carried yourself in this thread you come off as one of those "special" customers...And as I work in the industry I can understand both the customers side AND the side of the service/parts departments.

Did you miss the part this is a 'BMW'. All BMW owners are special. :rofl:

killramos
12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Do most people on here think it is OK to be without your car for 2 weeks because of an error made during a service? Because that was what they were asking her to do. "book an appointment", yeah right. And it did turn out to be their error, not a nail in the tire.

They were clearly able to accommodate that evening. So why tell her to come back in 2 weeks? That's a run around.

JustinMCS
12-03-2015, 10:55 AM
I don't know why you needed a thread about this. Just take it back like you did and they will fix it. Or go to a tire shop. I use Gary and Cort at Urban X South.

killramos
12-03-2015, 11:04 AM
^ Was just trying to get a reliable/reasonable contact. When i didn't get one I moved on.

Kaos
12-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Do most people on here think it is OK to be without your car for 2 weeks because of an error made during a service? Because that was what they were asking her to do. "book an appointment", yeah right. And it did turn out to be their error, not a nail in the tire.

They were clearly able to accommodate that evening. So why tell her to come back in 2 weeks? That's a run around.

They were probably accommodating since you decided to drop off the car in the middle of the bay with a flat tire like a typical BMW owner would.

I highly doubt they treated your mom like shit as you say. She probably felt that way since she wasn't able to get in right away.

killramos
12-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Oh so now you are blindly defending them without having any knowledge of the interaction? As if accusing a service department of trying to blow someone off is some kind of a concept out of left field?

On the phone there is nothing they could possibly do. Come back in 2 weeks. Show up and everyone is accommodating and deals with the problem in 20 minutes.

Since we want to paint people with a wide brush here we had a service department who wouldn't take ownership for their actions. Like a typical service department would. :thumbsup:

I'm sure if it was any of your cars you would have totally left it on the street with a flat and took the bus around for 2 weeks :rolleyes: BMW driver or not.

Anyways, in the end the car is fixed. I am satisfied, my mother is satisfied. Ultimately the only person we were ever annoyed with was buddy on the phone who was trying to blow us off and not take accountability for his departments mistakes. Someone who wants to be a prick like that? I will not lie down and give up giving him his way any day of the week.

roopi
12-03-2015, 11:36 AM
So did they tell you what the issue was with the tire?

prae
12-03-2015, 11:38 AM
I love how beyond will make drama out of anything. I could start a thread explaining how the last time I went through a drive-through for a burger, the vendor didn't put ketchup in the bag.

One side would denounce the stingy franchise owner for trying to save pennies by excluding ketchup.

The other side would call me a fucking asshole for complaining about something I didn't specifically request.

And thus the great ketchup crusades of December 2015 would be born.

EK 2.0
12-03-2015, 11:39 AM

I'm sure if it was any of your cars you would have totally left it on the street with a flat and took the bus around for 2 weeks :rolleyes: BMW driver or not.

I would have taken it elsewhere, had it assessed or repaired, kept said invoice if it was something BMW did and taken said invoice back to them for reimbursement...

killramos
12-03-2015, 11:41 AM

I would have taken it elsewhere, had it assessed or repaired, kept said invoice if it was something BMW did and taken said invoice back to them for reimbursement...

They verbally stated over the phone they would not approve us getting it repaired at another shop and giving them the bill when we brought that point up :thumbsup:

lasimmon
12-03-2015, 11:52 AM
It always amuses me when people are like "my mom has me do such and such etc etc" are peoples parents useless in that they can't look after their own vehicles?

killramos
12-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
It always amuses me when people are like "my mom has me do such and such etc etc" are peoples parents useless in that they can't look after their own vehicles?

Ironically there was a lot of statements of "be an adult" when she phoned me about all this. Even when the light first came on and i asked her, "well is the tire low on pressure" lol.

So yes, pretty much useless.

riander5
12-03-2015, 12:11 PM
mum? bloody? are you english

Kaos
12-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by prae
I love how beyond will make drama out of anything. I could start a thread explaining how the last time I went through a drive-through for a burger, the vendor didn't put ketchup in the bag.

One side would denounce the stingy franchise owner for trying to save pennies by excluding ketchup.

The other side would call me a fucking asshole for complaining about something I didn't specifically request.

And thus the great ketchup crusades of December 2015 would be born.

This is a forum. Filled with discussions/threads.
You better go back to that drive-thru and demand a whole fucking bottle of ketchup.

Oh so now you are blindly defending them without having any knowledge of the interaction? As if accusing a service department of trying to blow someone off is some kind of a concept out of left field?
Did you have knowledge of the interaction? No. she called telling you that THEY were treating her like shit. My point was that they likely weren't treating her like SHIT but telling her that she would have to wait and being firm about it.

I'm sure if it was any of your cars you would have totally left it on the street with a flat and took the bus around for 2 weeks :rolleyes: BMW driver or not. [/B] You're right. I wouldn't take the bus for 2 weeks however I would request a loaner car over that period of time. Which is what they offer to customers complimentary.

EK 2.0
12-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon

When it comes to vehicles yes, while my parents are more than capable of dealing with their own car issues, they ask me to do handle vehicle issues for them.

Maybe part of it is being in the industry, or a lot of it is being an enthusiast and knowing more than them. They trust my judgement and my advice.

And maybe part of it is cultural where we are raised to take care of our parents, or provide assistance when they ask for it. And my parents, don't ask me for much of anything except help with their cars. So on that front I can understand the OP's post.

killramos
12-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Did you have knowledge of the interaction? No. she called telling you that THEY were treating her like shit. My point was that they likely weren't treating her like SHIT but telling her that she would have to wait and being firm about it.

Maybe that's a difference between me and you, but when my mother calls me telling me someone is treating her like a piece of shit? That pisses me off. I know my mother. If they were being the friendliest of little elves she wouldn't have said that.

Originally posted by Kaos

You're right. I wouldn't take the bus for 2 weeks however I would request a loaner car over that period of time. Which is what they offer to customers complimentary.

Well they did not do that, nor does BMW offer complimentary loaner cars in any scenario. New policy. They have a discounted rental system, which again she was not offered. When she asked if they expected her to leave her car to sit on the street with a flat tire, they responded with a "there is nothing we can do about it".

Still want to defend this guy?

heavyD
12-03-2015, 12:57 PM

They verbally stated over the phone they would not approve us getting it repaired at another shop and giving them the bill when we brought that point up :thumbsup:

Here's my issue. You could have taken it to a place like Urban X, had it fixed for $40 or less, be done with it and move on with your life. Instead you chose the difficult route. Your parent can afford a new BMW then therefore we can assume they won't miss $40 especially if the alternative is to go two weeks without their car. You saved $40 but accepted the headache instead by choice. Live with it and be smarter in the future as tightwads typically cause more undue stress on their lives than necessary.

Aleks
12-03-2015, 01:11 PM
When I had a car with RFT a warning went off one morning on way to work. I kept driving and by the time I got DT I got out, looked and heard a hissing noise. Moved he car a few times and saw a nail in there. I called up Calgary BMW and they said just bring it in asap, so they can accommodate on short notice. Got set up with a loaner too.

New RFT and $500 poorer I decided RFT weren't for me. :banghead: Hate those things.

max_boost
12-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Communication could have been better but it happens. Things got fixed and killramos is just annoyed at the whole thing. Sounds inrich like, drive a BMW, service should be top notch! Everyone drives a BMW, it ain't a Lambo!

AE92_TreunoSC
12-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Where do I make a thread for when Tim Hortons fucks up my moms coffee order then corrects it hours later?

BOO BMW BOO KILLRAMOS

killramos
12-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Sounds inrich like, drive a BMW, service should be top notch! Everyone drives a BMW, it ain't a Lambo!

This has nothing to do with it being a BMW. I would expect expect the same thing with my Ford, my Toyota, my old VW, my old Honda. :dunno:

That is when the dealership fucks something up, take ownership for it. Offer to fix it in a reasonable time frame in the first place. Don't give me a run around and waste everyone's time with bullshit.

And everyone else at Calgary BMW was fine, it was the imbecile on the phone who pissed me off. Which is why i came on here to try and talk to someone else.

The InRich method is to throw a tantrum in the middle of the sales floor telling everyone they shouldn't buy a car from the dealer cause they scratched his rim. Bit of a far cry from me taking the car to the service bay and having a polite discussion with an SA in person about the issue I had with a recent service.

Honestly if i had the same issue with a Honda Civic i imagine the whole forum would have sided completely in the other direction :nut: . But instead the typical, its a BMW must be a stuck up douche mentality. Which is a pretty laughable concept with my mothers little station wagon :rofl: .

Originally posted by roopi
So did they tell you what the issue was with the tire?

You were correct, loose valve stem.

colinxx235
12-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Fuck i hate getting put to deal with things on behalf of family members. Apparently its fixed and ready for pickup now. Likely valve stem as roopi mentioned.

:closed:

Shocking that parents who buy you an inner city infill, a bmw and all that would come to you hoping you'd be grateful to help them out. Poor Ramos :cry: :cry: if only it was a real ///M than maybe you'd be more willing :rolleyes:

killramos
12-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

Shocking that parents who buy you an inner city infill, a bmw and all that would come to you hoping you'd be grateful to help them out. Poor Ramos :cry: :cry: if only it was a real ///M than maybe you'd be more willing :rolleyes:

You are a proper jealous piece of shit aren't you? Like to talk about things you don't know or understand?

My parents didn't buy me shit thank you very much. Nor should they have.

Try again some other time.

Bought me a House and a BMW. That's rich. :rofl:

djmr2
12-03-2015, 04:27 PM
yo dood, i feel yo pain.

Our tires kept going flat during winter. Took it to them like 3 times and every time was, bring it back when it's flat because they couldn't find the issue. Had to get the service manager involved and they figured out Pirelli had a product issue with tires leaking when subject to temperature swings (heated underground -> winter weather). On our summer tires... had to get the service manager involved again.

Our experience with BMW service is basically wait till they tell you something dumb and then just escalate it. Getting better service now!

Team_Mclaren
12-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Here's my issue. You could have taken it to a place like Urban X, had it fixed for $40 or less, be done with it and move on with your life. Instead you chose the difficult route. Your parent can afford a new BMW then therefore we can assume they won't miss $40 especially if the alternative is to go two weeks without their car. You saved $40 but accepted the headache instead by choice. Live with it and be smarter in the future as tightwads typically cause more undue stress on their lives than necessary.

omfg im agreeing with heavD:rofl: :rofl: