PDA

View Full Version : Mazda mechanics? sick Mazdaspeed 6

corsvette
12-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Picked up a 2007 Mazdaspeed 6.....It smokes, does so on startup and the first little while then cleans up. I'd be guessing turbo related? runs fine otherwise.

Anyhow, its for my son who starts driving full time in January. Anyone here familiar with these things? Maybe steer me in the right direction getting it fixed, a good indy Mazda shop? Or somebody who'd be willing to turn a wrench, I have a big warm shop.

Thanks beyond;)

msixty
12-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Replace PCV valve.

ducaudi
12-05-2015, 12:03 AM
It likely could be the turbo, maybe try bringing it to Mazda and inquire if they will honor replacing the turbo as they did a turbo recall. When I owned mine, I switched to 5W40 Euro Synthetic and used that throughout ownership. Good luck and it is a great car!

revelations
12-05-2015, 01:33 AM
Valve seals - confirm with leakdown test.

403civic
12-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I heard there is a Mazda Mechanic that moonshines at Zerolimits

Maxx Mazda
12-05-2015, 05:26 PM
If I remember correctly there was a TSB on the '07's that dealt with the smoking. They would replace the turbo under warranty on the MS6's and MS3's if below a certain KM.

Check out www.mazdaspeedforums.org and www.mazdas247.com

M247 is more of the "OG" guys so I'd start there.

Maxx Mazda
12-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Also if you do end up wanting to get it fixed PM me and we can work something out.

corsvette
12-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really doubt its a PCV or even guides.

I should have been clear, when I say smoke I mean LOTSA SMOKE, like James Bond smokescreen stuff. As I said, drive a few miles its clears out. I'm on the search for a Turbo.

Since its for the Boy, we'd like to keep this as economical as possible. The Bank Of Dad is feeling the effects of the recession, and is unable to extend much credit.

Maxx Mazda
12-05-2015, 07:13 PM
If memory serves its a K04? The most economic repair would be to remove it and have it rebuilt by Alamo just off McKnight.

revelations
12-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really doubt its a PCV or even guides.

I should have been clear, when I say smoke I mean LOTSA SMOKE, like James Bond smokescreen stuff. As I said, drive a few miles its clears out. I'm on the search for a Turbo.

Since its for the Boy, we'd like to keep this as economical as possible. The Bank Of Dad is feeling the effects of the recession, and is unable to extend much credit.

Thats 99% valve seals. Turbos will just keep blowing smoke at boost.\

My cheap fix (for an old Mazda B2200) was to use Lucas oil additive. This seemed to clear out the valve seal problem - although it did bring back the ticking valve lifters though.