PDA

View Full Version : Marda Loop Hit & Run [Dec 6, 2015]

meyer411
12-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Longtime member on beyond, but it's been a while since I posted here. After what happened to me on Sunday, and knowing the power of Beyond, I felt compelled to reach out to you guys here.

Where: Marda Loop 22nd Street / 31 Ave (right near PetroCanada)

When: 10:30AM Sunday, December 6th, 2015

What: My girlfriend and I were involved in a hit and run as we were in the process of getting into a Car2Go Sunday morning. I was walking around the back driver's side of the car when, out of nowhere, a red chevy blazer was 2 - 3 seconds from running me over. I was miraculously able to get out of the way about a second before the blazer smashed into the Car2Go. Without even thinking, I pulled my phone out and began recording (video below). The driver then peeled away. All signs point towards a drunk driver. I am lucky to be typing this to everybody today. We had a family friend lose their life to a drunk driver, so this really hit home. I feel that it is my duty to reach out to you guys, because I don't want this driver to put anybody else in the same situation.

Please contact the Calgary Police (9-1-1) if you see this vehicle. The cops have the details of the entire incident - but I figured the more eyes looking out for the vehicle, the better.

Hit & Run Vehicle
Driver: Male - Late 20s / Early 30s
Vehicle: 1996 Red Chevrolet Blazer
License Plate: BPP-0641
Additional Details: Vehicle may frequent Millrise area or 6th Ave / 10th Street SW. Toronto Maple Leafs Sticker on back left tailgate.

PB33Pug683E

https://i.imgur.com/uuPOXi6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/crcexlZ.jpg

vengie
12-08-2015, 12:57 PM
With a full plate like that it will not take long to track down. Good work getting such a quality video. Glad you and the misses are okay!

M.alex
12-08-2015, 01:00 PM
since you have video evidence and full plate why arn't you going the police?

what am i supposed to do - call them and go 'hey, i read a post online about this suv, arrest them!'

Thaco
12-08-2015, 01:04 PM
yep, let the cops deal with it.... you have his plate so they have his address and they can do the rest... although i am not sure there's anything for you to do, he'll likely get a hit&run, maybe dangerous driving, and car2go would love to have his plate and your video... but for you personally, i dont think there's really anything that can be done.

quick_scar
12-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Ill keep an eye out. Frequent 2 of the 3 locations mentioned.

meyer411
12-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
since you have video evidence and full plate why arn't you going the police?

what am i supposed to do - call them and go 'hey, i read a post online about this suv, arrest them!'

The police responded to the scene and are on the lookout. I figured that the more eyes looking out for the vehicle the better. Chances are a regular person spots the vehicle before the cops do.

LadyLuck
12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by meyer411

The police responded to the scene and are on the lookout. I figured that the more eyes looking out for the vehicle the better. Chances are a regular person spots the vehicle before the cops do.

Negative, since this is a hit and run and you have obtained a plate cops will deal with driver fairly quickly.

Tarrantula
12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Chances are a regular person spots the vehicle before the cops do.

We should start our own Police! With hookers and blow!

Masked Bandit
12-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

We should start our own Police! With hookers and blow!

Tarrantula for the new Chief of Beyond Police!

Now where's my hookers & blow?

Seriously though, with a full plate I'm guessing the cops would just go to the guy's house? Unless of course it was a stolen vehicle.

Dumbass17
12-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Someone say hookers?

meyer411
12-08-2015, 01:51 PM

They ran the plates. Owner of the vehicle was not the driver of the hit and run. Potentially stolen, but that's unknown at this point.

darthVWader
12-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Was the Car2Go active on your account when hit? Would like to know how they are handling it.

Glad you escaped without injury.

FraserB
12-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Why is the word pedestrian in the title? From reading the post, it appears a vehicle was hit?