PDA

View Full Version : Heated racing seats!

^SkylinE^
03-15-2004, 02:13 AM
Ok calgary has cold ass winters and im looking into getting a racing seat this summer. I want to know if you can buy ones with built in heaters?

Yes i did a search but not much came up just this = http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7069&highlight=heated+racing+seat

Let me know what you guys have seen or heard in this!

EK 2.0
03-15-2004, 10:10 AM
I have heard of people taking the seat warmers out of other cars and retro-fitting them into thier "lesser" model cars...akin to fitting the HID systems...

So, I am gonna go on the assumption that it can be done ro a FEW racing seats...obviously it depends on the seat, how much foam there is in it, if it's reclinable, I mean I wouldnt do it to a one-peice CF seat you know??

davidI
03-15-2004, 11:21 AM
I've seen some place that sells 'aftermarket' heaters that you can install as well but they're pretty pricey.

GTS Jeff
03-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
I have heard of people taking the seat warmers out of other cars and retro-fitting them into thier "lesser" model cars...akin to fitting the HID systems...

So, I am gonna go on the assumption that it can be done ro a FEW racing seats...obviously it depends on the seat, how much foam there is in it, if it's reclinable, I mean I wouldnt do it to a one-peice CF seat you know?? yea if i had expensive seats i wouldnt want to rip them up for some heater. maybe if i had a cheap pair of apc seats i would

JAYMEZ
03-15-2004, 12:50 PM
My racing seats are heated :P

syeve
03-15-2004, 01:29 PM
mine are too, look for some RSX-S seats, they are super confortable and are heated.

^SkylinE^
03-15-2004, 01:52 PM
So there are not aftermarket ones that i can buy already heated im not really into ripping apart brand new seats to retro fit some heaters hahah! Anyone selling RSX seats? James STI what kind of seats come stock in a STI i might just go to the dealer and ask them ?

Inthered
03-15-2004, 02:36 PM
doesn't recaro offer a heated seat option on their high end seats? That would be your best bet on racing seats with heat. Check their website. You're probably looking at $1000 a seat though.

JAYMEZ
03-15-2004, 02:37 PM
I think they are MOMO , im actually not sure , they just say STi on them , go ask the dealership guys , the are awesome heating seats.

ZorroAMG
03-15-2004, 06:04 PM
My "racing" seats are heated too...LOL Just go and put 2004 Mercedes factory E Class seats that have power everything, heat AND A/C...put the heated steering wheel in too...maybe run you only 6-7000...haha

^SkylinE^
03-15-2004, 06:59 PM
WOW heated steering wheel would be nice:drool: Mine is plastic and my hands freeze maybe i need a new wheel now too.

Im winterizing my car for next year:rofl: :rofl:

finboy
03-15-2004, 07:08 PM
easy solution, do what i'm doing...

vw factory recaro's - 400
if they aren't heated, get the essential parts from the wrecker (they are EVERYWHERE)
-reapolster seats (still looking at materials) 400-500

pricey, but by the end i'll have a beautiful set of custom heated recaro's that are comfortable as hell.

you could try getting heated mirrors too, my spirit has them stock :rofl:

///M3
03-15-2004, 08:24 PM
last thing i want is a hot ass while racing:D