PDA

View Full Version : Pick N Pull truck tool box

speedog
12-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Happened to be at the Barlow Pick N Pull this afternoon and spotted an checkerboard aluminum truck tool box that was is very, very good condition. If I remember correctly, it is mounted on a 2006 dark blue/green Chevrolet 1500 Silverado regular cab in or around rows 69 or 70. Like I said, it appeared to be in great shape, not bent or dented at all and still had an almost mirror like finish to it. Judging by the condition of this truck which looked brand new underneath, it only made sense that the tool box was in great condition as well.

On the way out, I asked the cashier how much a tool box like that would be and she said $65.99 plus GST - new ones like this run $300+ and as such, I thought I would post this up here just in case there is someone on beyond who could use such an item.

Better yet, in this same truck's tool box I found a new, unused set of front brake pads for this truck - took those as they would work on my truck. New about $125, Pick'N'Pull price $6, good find.

btimbit
12-09-2015, 11:17 PM
Nice, order a set of keys online and you're good to go. Good find for anyone that might need it.

Pick n pull is awesome.

revelations
12-10-2015, 02:32 AM
70$ to buy + time to drive and remove item from truck to sell for 150$ on Kijiji.
Sounds like a of work for 70-80$ profit :dunno:

M.alex
12-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by revelations
70$ to buy + time to drive and remove item from truck to sell for 150$ on Kijiji.
Sounds like a of work for 70-80$ profit :dunno:

don't forget about the amount of time needed to deal with kijiji mouth-breathers who will ask if you'll take $30 cash

TomcoPDR
12-10-2015, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

don't forget about the amount of time needed to deal with kijiji mouth-breathers who will ask if you'll take $30 cash

With delivery across the city

speedog
12-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Who said anything about selling it, I posted this just in case there was someone out there who might need one.

FixedGear
12-10-2015, 06:53 AM
I don't have a truck, but thats nice of you to post that on here speedog. :thumbsup:

haggis88
12-10-2015, 08:09 AM
If i was in town, i'd probably pop down and get it...been thinking about a toolbox for the truck since all my ratchet straps and bungee cords are just sorta tossed in the back :eek:

btimbit
12-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by haggis88
If i was in town, i'd probably pop down and get it...been thinking about a toolbox for the truck since all my ratchet straps and bungee cords are just sorta tossed in the back :eek:

They're awesome. I sure don't miss having crap shoved underneath the back seat and just rolling around the bed. Now I can easily carry enough crap for pretty much any roadside emergency and/or minor repair.

revelations
12-10-2015, 01:42 PM
I guess I was alluding (poorly) that if I was in the market, Ill just pay the OP to do this .... :nut:

s dime
12-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by revelations
I guess I was alluding (poorly) that if I was in the market, Ill just pay the OP to do this .... :nut:

Great idea, if someone is there and grabs it for me I will pay a finders fee! I've been contemplating one of these for a while.

Did you catch what brand or model it was?

Disoblige
12-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Who said anything about selling it, I posted this just in case there was someone out there who might need one.
:werd:

If someone wanted to profit $70-80, an easier way would just to steal someone's catalytic converter. :D