PDA

View Full Version : Are American cars worth more now

max_boost
12-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Just curious. Oh how times have changed, oh your car is "American". Same shit different pile bro. I think you much rather hold USD than CAD right now, yea?

Does that apply to cars? haha

If I sold my US 911 back to an American how does that work? No rush. Oil probably hit $20 next year and we'll see .60 and perfect time to say good bye.

Or I can just keep enjoying it. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

know1edge
12-13-2015, 06:58 PM

SKR
12-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Just curious. Oh how times have changed, oh your car is "American". Same shit different pile bro. I think you much rather hold USD than CAD right now, yea?

Does that apply to cars? haha

If I sold my US 911 back to an American how does that work? No rush. Oil probably hit $20 next year and we'll see .60 and perfect time to say good bye.

Or I can just keep enjoying it. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Did rob the knob log into the wrong account or what's going on here?

max_boost
12-13-2015, 07:58 PM
My 911 was imported from the US. With the USD so strong, is it worth exploring selling it back down South.

msommers
12-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SKR

Did rob the knob log into the wrong account or what's going on here?

:rofl:

Sorry Sam you sounded fobby as fuck :rofl:

To answer your question, I think it's totally worthwhile. I sold some camera gear for fair market value in the US and reaped the rewards of our shitty dollar.

rx7boi
12-13-2015, 08:05 PM
I thought about similar things as well.

I have alot of hobby-specific items that I bought from the US.

Now that our dollar is so bad, selling these items has mostly resulted in a profit and at a minimum, breaking even.

max_boost
12-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Original post was terrible. I typed it in a hurry.

Anyway, cheapest 911 I see on Trader.com with similar mileage is $62,500. That's roughly $85K CAD!

In spring when oil is $20-25 and the $ at 0.60 haha $60K X 1.67 = $100K? :rofl: :eek:

Is it as simple as advertising on Trader.com and meet up with an American and take his brief case of cash to the bank? :werd: :bigpimp:

ExtraSlow
12-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Currently, there are dozens of dealers and wholesalers actively searching Canadian auto advertisements to export vehicles to the USA. Several beyonders have sold pickups to these guys. Not sure if they are interested in more unique vehicles like your 911, but it's worth asking around. I can get you in touch with one of them.

My guess is that individual buyers aren't likely to bother looking north of the border unless there is a significant discount. Also, even if your car was originally from the USA, since it's legally in Canada now, it'll have to go through the same export/import paperwork as any vehicle would.

When I was chatting with one guy, he said it costs them around $4k per vehicle for transport and paperwork to get it to the USA. There's probably some Prep costs included in that too, but I suspect for moving a single car, you aren't going to do it much cheaper.

Good luck with sale? :dunno:

adamc
12-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Can you PM me that wholesaler's name, please? Thinking about unloading my truck.

schocker
12-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Not a bad idea. What about importing new cars to the US where we have similar pricing like people do to China.

thetransporter
12-17-2015, 11:58 PM
the auto industry tries to brain wash Canadians that Canadian models are "better" (they have bigger washer fluid tanks) even though in their television advertisements they have a "US Model Shown"

try selling a newer 100 series Toyota Land cruiser in Canada, my friend has one listed for sale, one caller says "oh its US land cruiser? no thanks I want a Canadian model" :banghead: :banghead:

so yes export your cars back to US with this exchange rate. when people complain the Canadian dollar is too low, make it work in your favor.

Redlyne_mr2
12-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Try finding a used Ferrari/Lambo for a decent price in Canada, just doesn't exist, they've all been bought up by the US dealers.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-18-2015, 06:30 PM
I sold my truck to an exporter a few months ago.

msommers
12-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Can you guys direct me to these US sellers? Been thinking about downsizing my vehicle since I use it so little lately.

roll_over
12-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Also interested in these exporters

ExtraSlow
12-19-2015, 08:52 AM
PM'ed both of you.

Darkane
12-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
PM'ed both of you.

Sorry extra, can you PM me also? Thanks.

avishal26
12-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
PM'ed both of you.

I'm interested as well :) Thanks!

msommers
12-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Extra, I didn't receive anything :(

ExtraSlow
12-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Extra, I didn't receive anything :(
Sorry about that, sent it to another beyonder by accident. You should have it now.
Anyway, not sure why so many folks are so excited about this info. Must have sent it to eight or nine guys so far.

My top tip for anyone looking to sell a car is to list it on Kijiji, and then just keep track of the random offers that are lobbed in to you.

Any of these wholesaler/exporter guys will be offering you a "low" price, as clearly, they need to make their money to make it worthwhile. The primary benefit is that they are no-nonsense folks who are ready to buy right away, as opposed to the sketchy private individuals.

When I had my truck up for sale, within the first few days, I had several offers for around the same price. Clearly any sight-unseen offer is at the bottom end of the vehicles value. Anyway, the final price I agreed on wasn't a heck of a lot higher, but it was a super easy transaction, and I got my money and got to move on with my life. I appreciated that.

Sentry
01-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Would these exporters be interested in JDM cars? I imagine not, they're probably only interested in low-risk vehicles and probably limit it to 10 years or newer sort of thing. I'd like to sell my Aristo, come summer, and I'd like to sell it to the US but I have no idea how to go about this.

SKR
01-16-2016, 08:36 AM
When the US buyer pays you, are you paid in US or Canadian dollars?

Redlyne_mr2
01-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Sentry
Would these exporters be interested in JDM cars? I imagine not, they're probably only interested in low-risk vehicles and probably limit it to 10 years or newer sort of thing. I'd like to sell my Aristo, come summer, and I'd like to sell it to the US but I have no idea how to go about this.

They have the 25 year rule down there, have a look at the 25 year old jdm cars, the pricing on these has sky rocketed. Old land cruisers, corolla gts, skylines are going up in value like crazy.

Sentry
01-16-2016, 11:23 AM
Yeah I know, that's why I'm asking. My aristo has a '91 build date.

S4maniac
01-16-2016, 12:11 PM
Anyone know if dealers are making new vehicle buyers pledge not to flip to the US for 6 months or something like that? They were doing that back in the early 2000's.

Back then, I bought a brand new F150, sold it to an exporter for $1200 more than I paid. I was supposedly "banned" from buying another Ford for a year for doing that, not that I cared. I sold it to a exporter NAFTA in Lethbridge. All they had to do was change out the speedo/odo. I don't know if they exist anymore.

NewLextasy
01-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Try finding a used Ferrari/Lambo for a decent price in Canada, just doesn't exist, they've all been bought up by the US dealers.

This!

Sold one of my lambos and an R8 to Beverly Hills lambo. Both were ex USA vechicles

max_boost
01-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by NewLextasy

This!

Sold one of my lambos and an R8 to Beverly Hills lambo. Both were ex USA vechicles can you share details on the process? Thanks

NewLextasy
01-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
can you share details on the process? Thanks

The cars were put on canadatrader . And they called and did everything, wired the money and sent a shipping truck, on this end it was just the same as selling locally.

max_boost
01-16-2016, 05:52 PM
Wow. That simple. Interesting.

I was actually contemplating calling up Stevens Creek Porsche where the car was originally purchased and see if they were interested or even Bellvue Porsche just across the border lol

I'll wait till the weather warms in April/May. Looks like oil and the dollar are going to tank some more. :D