PDA

View Full Version : Mexico WRC !!

fast95pony
03-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Certainly an event-filled Rally !! An excellent result for Ford , though, and that keeps the Championship close :thumbsup:
Markko Martin finally had some good luck and Duval had his best finnish,resulting in a Ford 1-2 . Petter was very unlucky.He should have won,but his battery died.

hyperwhite
03-15-2004, 09:19 AM
i was glad to see that loeb didn't win so the championship is closer

hyperwhite
03-15-2004, 09:21 AM
BTW does anyone know what the 04 focus looks like? is it the same as now or have they changed it? it's supposed to debut next rally.

fast95pony
03-15-2004, 09:56 AM
It will probably look the same,just stronger internal parts. Ford cut it's WRC budget ,so I can't see anything too radical happening..

hyperwhite
03-15-2004, 10:06 AM
thats doesn't really make sense that they would cut there budget. the WRC program is they only internatiol racing program they have been successful with. stupid ford, that money is probably going to nascar

hjr
03-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
thats doesn't really make sense that they would cut there budget. the WRC program is they only internatiol racing program they have been successful with. stupid ford, that money is probably going to nascar ford JUST came out with the new evolution of the focus. There wont be any radical changes as they already happened. As for nascar, its the most popular autosport in the US and thats the biggest automotive market in the world right now so i would say its money well spent. Granted i dont like it but that doesnt mean it isnt a good move for them.

That.Guy.S30
03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
petter solberg shouoldve won if he didnt recieve that gay 5:40 time penality. damn was he fast in the new sti

A2VR6
03-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
petter solberg shouoldve won if he didnt recieve that gay 5:40 time penality. damn was he fast in the new sti

Yea the new car looked very good, especially reliability wise (besides the battery but that really didnt have to do too much with the car). It's also nice to see Mikko finish right behind Petter in fifth. How many stage wins did it have? something like 9?

That.Guy.S30
03-16-2004, 01:10 AM
he won 2 on day, all six on day 2, and 1 on day 3. so yes 9. damn was he fast.. i love the new impreza.. looks uglyier than before but its got alot of balls. his teammate got robbed by petter.. ahahah thats pretty embarrassing.
i thought loeb was goin to win. thank god he lost so much oil. lol

habsfan
03-16-2004, 06:46 PM
its about time loeb lost. i got nothin against loeb, but for some reason peugot and citroen both annoy me........really dont know why