PDA

View Full Version : Heated jacket/hoodie/sweater

Boosted131
12-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Where can I find one of these for a decent price? preferably something that can be recharged.

BavarianBeast
12-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Marks.

Milwaukee(sp?) has some good ones. I had one while I was up north and I would just put the jacket underneath a hoody or other coat and it would keep me warm up to -40.

slick2404
12-15-2015, 03:33 PM
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/heated-gear

I've seen it in action, works well.

project240
12-15-2015, 04:27 PM
I had the Milwaukee jacket as well. Loved it until it was stolen. My only complaint was battery life on high power was only about 3ish hours, but was a great jacket.

Maxt
12-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Get the Makita stuff instead, mine lasts 10 hours on high.

CompletelyNumb
12-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Just remember these are awful for actual "work" (any job with physical labour). Great for standing around in the cold though (hunting in a tree stand, etc).

ZeroGravity
12-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Saw a "p-"review of this. Not so "work" jacket. Wonder how these will hold up in our climate. I suppose it could work if you wear a shell on top for colder days.

https://www.ravean.com/

nj2Type-S
12-16-2015, 02:26 PM
i never even knew that these things existed until i saw this thread. they're pretty inexpensive, too! sweet! :thumbsup:

darthVWader
12-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Great for the hockey rink. We bought the coaches some a couple seasons ago.

Maxt
12-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
Just remember these are awful for actual "work" (any job with physical labour). Great for standing around in the cold though (hunting in a tree stand, etc).
:dunno: I wear mine for everyday work, it's great.. I hate normal winter clothing especially when I am back and forth between indoors and outdoors, or in and out of the truck. Instead of peeling or adding layers constantly, I just turn the jacket off. I carry a backpack full of tools all day up and down ladders, jacket is holding up well.

jsn
12-16-2015, 07:10 PM
I also have the milwaukee one from marks. Works pretty good and as a bonus, if you have any milwaukee power tools, it uses the same battery. I have a milwaukee cordless drill and it shares the same battery pack/charger.

danno
12-16-2015, 07:29 PM
I have the 200$ milwaukee one, its great at keeping you warm but has no breathablity in the material. Ive been soaked in sweat wearing it a few times without the heater on. I was thinking about grabing a hoodie for $100 and trying that.

Im in my third year with it and has held up fine. No rips or tears, but im not in hard construction anymore just maintance work. I dont like wearing a heavy jacket that was my reasoning behind buying one and i dont regret it.

civic_stylez
12-17-2015, 12:00 PM
I have the DeWalt heated gear hoodie and i LOVE it. The hoodie itself is warm without the heat on but in the morning when its cold i put it on and run the heat at medium and on super cold days i just wear that with a down vest and i am good for all weather conditions. The battery pack sits on the left side kidney area and has very little interference. I use the larger 20V max battery as my drills use them so it was easy for me and they last longer.

I just really like the hoodie as it eliminates having to carry coats when im at the mall or somewhere that i would normally take a jacket off. The hoodies isnt "cheap" but a standard name brand hoodie is between 70-80$ on its own so $150.00 for this wasnt a big debate/stretch for me. Im wearing it as i write this during a full 8 hour work day and its comfortable and easy to work with while wearing it.

Id definitely recommend the DeWalt Heated Gear.

http://hybrisimages.toolcommerce.com//prod/500X500/DCHJ067B_NB1_500X500.jpg

RealJimmyJames
07-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Been wondering about these for a while. I know a guy who swears by his Milwaukee heated jacket. The thing looks like a normal softshell, but obviously has a battery on it somewhere, and heating elements.

From the look of the milwaukee website, it looks like on the back, the heat is up high. Anyone know of a jacket that heats the low back? That's the main area I want warmed up. Less concerned with chest, belly and shoulders.

Don't really care if it's a vest or a jacket, just needs to be something that layers under waterproof outerwear if required.

Who's into this stuff? Where's the place to buy it? Are these commonly available in women's sizes too? I think my wife would kill me if I didn't buy her one at the same time.

RealJimmyJames
07-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Online seems to be the place to buy these cheap. Check out this one on Amazon.
$87
Venture Heated Clothing Men's Battery Heated Fleece Jacket
by Venture Heated Clothing
Permalink: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00E4HE3I0

ExtraSlow
07-18-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't think any of them heat the low back. I don't know why that is.

RealJimmyJames
09-12-2016, 08:56 AM
So, it's getting colder. Might get serious about buying one of these. Seems like the bosch brand get the best marks for a soft-shell style. Lowes sells them cheaper than amazon.

None of the price tracker websites I used to use are showing me online price history. Anyone know of a site that does that?

Also, anyone know a place that has a decent stock in-store to try on the different sizes?

JohnnyHockey
09-12-2016, 10:58 AM
We're supposed to be in for a harsh winter I think I might try one of these things!

civic_stylez
09-20-2016, 03:04 PM
As someone who uses mine almost daily in the winter, its a really nice investment that you know will get use here!!! Just make sure to have a separate battery on the charger at all times!

spikerS
09-20-2016, 03:49 PM
If RIDGID made these, I would have a few by now...I want to get one, but I don't want to have to worry about which batteries I have with me.

topmade
09-20-2016, 05:03 PM
I have a Milwaukee and its great for casual use and light outdoor activities. There's also a higher capacity 12v battery you can get but it's quite large. I don't like the led in front though but that's just personal preference. I picked up a Milwaukee brushless 12v drill/driver for the extra battery and its an awesome drill that's become my go to drill over my Mikita 18v lxt set.

Thaco
09-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by spikerS
If RIDGID made these, I would have a few by now...I want to get one, but I don't want to have to worry about which batteries I have with me. http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Ridgid+heated+jacket+18v+batteries+and+charger+not+included

MrSector9
09-20-2016, 07:53 PM
I ordered a snap on heated jacket, the batteries are slim and it has a plug in each pocket for longer run times, dual zone (back+Chest & Heated pockets) batteries also double as usb charge ports.

They were just released for this year so no reviews on them yet so hopefully it doesn't suck.