PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster Fails

msommers
12-18-2015, 04:01 PM
Has anyone tried to buy tickets for a high-demand event, only to be kicked out of the system at the very end (when you hit submit/process)?

I was trying to get Adele concert tickets in Toronto yesterday morning. They have a different system setup where you essentially wait in an online line-up and just wait your turn to select tickets.

Anyways we finally get through and select the tickets, put in all the credit info and hit submit. Next screen says something along the lines of "we don't know if your order went through, here's an order number and check back with us." I went right to my credit card company and they didn't even see an attempt to charge my card, zero history. I checked again later that day and same thing.

Well I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster's phone line never works because I tried all day yesterday and got a busy signal. I complained on their Facebook page about this situation and their responses have been quick but completely inadequate. They are offering a $25 gift card for all this.

So instead of spending $400 for 2 tickets through ticketmaster, I'd have to spend $1700 through Stubhub to get the same seats.

The issue had a huge amount of complaints going on yesterday about not being able to get tickets, the system dropping out etc. Of course it is now sold out long after we got 'back in line'.

I really don't understand how this happens at almost every high-demand event. It also wouldn't surprise me if Ticketmaster owned Stubhub and just bought some of its own tickets. Seems fair to me that Ticketmaster pay the difference between what the face value of the ticket is and what a similar section costs on Stubhub. This is what I've asked for but I suspect nothing will come of it. I wonder if Tony Tighe still does inquiries.

EK 2.0
12-18-2015, 04:07 PM
I was able to secure tix for Adele in Vancity...

That being said it was not easy by any means...(also not trying to rub it in)

And also, the rumour is that Ticketmaster is in bed with Stubhub...but I can neither confirm nor deny that, as I just heard that through grapevine

tenth
12-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
And also, the rumour is that Ticketmaster is in bed with Stubhub...but I can neither confirm nor deny that, as I just heard that through grapevine
Stubhub is a direct competitor to ticketmaster's own ticket exchange re-seller service. Stubhub is owned by Ebay. Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation Entertainment, a public company that is also a huge concert promoter and venue owner/operator. So, there are circumstances where ticketmaster/Live Nation make money from owning/operating the venue, promoting the concert/event, selling the tickets and as a re-seller on the secondary market.

Canucks3322
12-20-2015, 11:41 PM
You guys listen to Adele?

msommers
12-21-2015, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

I thought that was obvious.

Anyways I've been back and forth with customer service and trying to pushed this to someone higher. It's not the lack of tickets available, its penalizing legitamite customers who played by all the rules and got fucked by their pay system.

Essentially it's like waiting in line for a TV for 2 hours, only to get to the till and have their debit machine not working for your transaction and get sent to the back of the line.

Jlude
12-21-2015, 05:22 AM
The easiest way is to have a ticketmaster account already setup and credit card information already in. I can say I've never had issues getting anything when they're just released.

Also as stated above, these ticket companies are a bunch of motherless fucks.

CompletelyNumb
12-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Existing account with working (tested) CC info is the way to go.

Of course most popular concerts like this still sell out in a matter of seconds somehow.

finboy
12-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

This

Mitsu3000gt
12-21-2015, 10:34 AM
Regardless of the band, every time I have ever tried to buy tickets on Ticketmaster for something popular, I do the following:

-Get 2+ people together to do the same:
-Open multiple ticketmaster browser windows across multiple accounts on multiple computers/monitors
-Get the app going on 2 or more phones
-Try for about an hour straight, or until it says sold out, starting just before the tickets go on sale

I feel like I put in way more effort than the average person, and I've never in my life been able to get 2 tickets for an event I wanted to see. Not even once. I just bite the bullet and use Stubhub, but now that the dollar is at 1.40 and they convert everything into USD, that option isn't so great either.

This is why I rarely ever go to concerts - the ticket buying process is impossible for the general public. They all get bought up by insiders, or people just wanting to flip them.

rage2
12-21-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm glad I know an insider to get tickets before they go on sale. Before that, I've never been able to buy them publicly through ticketmaster, and have always ended up buying shit at market price.

CompletelyNumb
12-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Everyone PM rage for tickets :poosie:

rage2
12-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Fuck that, it's not even my insider. I just piggy back on when I want to go to a concert that he/she doesn't want to go to. :rofl:

dirtsniffer
12-21-2015, 11:04 AM
They should go back to the old way. You want tickets? Better line up the day before.

firebane
12-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
They should go back to the old way. You want tickets? Better line up the day before.

Foo Fighters did it right when they put their tickets on sale. You had to line for them and the line up was HUGE.

msommers
12-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
The easiest way is to have a ticketmaster account already setup and credit card information already in. I can say I've never had issues getting anything when they're just released.

Also as stated above, these ticket companies are a bunch of motherless fucks.

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
Existing account with working (tested) CC info is the way to go.

Of course most popular concerts like this still sell out in a matter of seconds somehow.

Sadly I did this prior and still got screwed. Just needed to add the three-digits to complete the transaction. I want alone with this process either, saw a lot of complaints online from people who got screwed the same way and still got an order no.

We had two laptops going and my desktop. Crazy lol.

Mitsu3000gt
12-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Last time Mumford & Sons came to Calgary, a friend and I just walked up to the ticket counter on the North side of the dome a couple hours before the show, and purchased a pair of good tickets side by side. There were maybe 5 people in line. No idea if that is the norm or if we just got lucky, but it worked that day. Maybe they have to keep a certain amount for door sales.

If this is for Adele though I probably wouldn't want to see an artist like that anywhere but a venue with amazing acoustics. I'm not sure where she's going to be, but the hockey arenas are absolute garbage, you'd be better off buying the CD and listening on a good stereo.

msommers
12-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Lol yes Jack Singer would have been nice but Toronto or Vancouver were the choices.

dandia89
12-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Regardless of the band, every time I have ever tried to buy tickets on Ticketmaster for something popular, I do the following:

-Get 2+ people together to do the same:
-Open multiple ticketmaster browser windows across multiple accounts on multiple computers/monitors
-Get the app going on 2 or more phones
-Try for about an hour straight, or until it says sold out, starting just before the tickets go on sale

I feel like I put in way more effort than the average person, and I've never in my life been able to get 2 tickets for an event I wanted to see. Not even once. I just bite the bullet and use Stubhub, but now that the dollar is at 1.40 and they convert everything into USD, that option isn't so great either.

This is why I rarely ever go to concerts - the ticket buying process is impossible for the general public. They all get bought up by insiders, or people just wanting to flip them.

opening two browsers will fuck your place in line. it just stalls your choices, don't do this. the app is the secret trick, along with being in line at ticketmaster.

Mitsu3000gt
12-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Lol yes Jack Singer would have been nice but Toronto or Vancouver were the choices.

I think she's way too popular to ever get a small-ish venue anyway, so it's probably a lost cause for a place where she will sound good haha. I'd be surprised if she was ever anywhere except the biggest possible venues, because she will sell out no matter what.

BrknFngrs
12-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Ticketmaster is brutal; concerts "sell out" in seconds online, yet their sister reselling company always seems to secure prime tickets immediately. Weird how that works :rolleyes:

rage2
12-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Ticketmaster is brutal; concerts "sell out" in seconds online, yet their sister reselling company always seems to secure prime tickets immediately. Weird how that works :rolleyes:
That's because all the tickets are reserved, and there are actually very few tickets available for the general public. From various promoters getting several sections reserved for them, to all the best seats for the multiple VIP packages, to presales (AE, fanclub etc) and of course a whole bunch reserved for TicketsNow, there are very few day 1 tickets available, and they're all the worst seats.

Closer to the concert date, the unsold reserved tickets, or the good seats, become available for sale, but it's a gamble.

Even Foo Fighters method, the line up gets you the worst seats haha. Those reservations are contractually obligated by the promoters, venue, sponsors, etc.

So, find someone who's a promoter (or works at a promotion company) and be their BFF. Or spend tons of money with a company that has box seats. Or be bling and pay for the VIP packages, which are always the best seats in the house.

Bladeh
12-24-2015, 12:30 AM
I joined the Adele fan club when they announced a North American tour, they sent me a pre sale code and a chance to buy tickets the day before general sale. I had no trouble getting tickets for Vancouver, got the best available option which was $195 a pop! Have to pickup tickets from box office on day of concert with my picture ID.

schurchill39
12-29-2015, 03:27 PM
The Mrs. was helping a guy at her office get tickets for the Adele show for his wife. They had 4 of them with browsers open refreshing like mad but she was able to secure good tickets for him. 1 other woman was able to get tickets but they were worse seats, the other two did not get anything.

max_boost
12-29-2015, 04:06 PM
She's that popular?!:eek:

I guess in that case it's worth doing just to say I was there. :eek: :rofl: