PDA

View Full Version : EQ3 quality

Kjonus
12-29-2015, 07:12 AM
EQ3 has a pretty good sale on at the moment and I'm wondering how the quality of their sofas are? Does the foam hold up over the years?

90_Shelby
12-29-2015, 10:03 AM
My sister and I both have furniture from there and have been very happy with the quality. My sister has had her couches for ~5 years and I've had mine for ~2 years.
I believe they are Canadian made as well.

Team_Mclaren
12-29-2015, 10:15 AM
I have quite a few pieces from there as well, I like them so far. Have not had a problem yet but I only got them about 2 years ago.

Waldi
12-29-2015, 10:35 AM
We bought sofas from them two years ago and no issue with quality, love the design

Skyline_Addict
12-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Furniture seems to be of decent quality, but I wouldn't by lamps there. Those in particular are pretty crap quality.

mdeleon
12-29-2015, 11:21 AM
I'very had a couch and centre table from them for about 5-6 years. Good quality, no problems or complaints.

timdog
01-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
My sister and I both have furniture from there and have been very happy with the quality. My sister has had her couches for ~5 years and I've had mine for ~2 years.
I believe they are Canadian made as well.

pretty sure all their stuff is made in Indonesia. at least it was a few years back.

we've bought a dining table and a king size bed from there and were very unhappy with the quality. the table literally broke and collapsed in the middle of thanksgiving dinner. it was recalled across the board a month later. the bed has some issues i wont get into but I refuse to buy anything from there any more. very surprised to hear all of the positive feedback from everyone else.

sputnik
01-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by timdog

pretty sure all their stuff is made in Indonesia. at least it was a few years back.

we've bought a dining table and a king size bed from there and were very unhappy with the quality. the table literally broke and collapsed in the middle of thanksgiving dinner. it was recalled across the board a month later. the bed has some issues i wont get into but I refuse to buy anything from there any more. very surprised to hear all of the positive feedback from everyone else.

The EQ3/Palliser factory is in Winnipeg. They make all of their upholstered furniture there.

They have a factory in Indonesia (that is owned by EQ3/Palliser) for their dining room sets.

https://www.eq3.com/ca/en/aboutus/canadian-made

Mibz
01-04-2016, 10:44 AM
We had the same table break, but not at Thanksgiving dinner, which may be why we didn't care as much. Shit happens, they recalled it and replaced it. We've been using that replacement table for like 4 years now, along with a couch, love seat and 6-piece sectional for 5 years. No issues.

Again, shit happens. I'd be more upset if they didn't recall the table, or tried to fight us to replace it. Something went wrong and they fixed it quickly and pleasantly, that's pretty ideal IMO.

Kjonus
01-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Well we bought a sectional sofa with a chaise and a extra wide chair, so we'll see in a month.

sputnik
01-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Here is a pretty good interview with the CEO of EQ3.

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/leadership/interview-peter-tielmann-eq3-made-in-canada/

timdog
01-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
We had the same table break, but not at Thanksgiving dinner, which may be why we didn't care as much. Shit happens, they recalled it and replaced it. We've been using that replacement table for like 4 years now, along with a couch, love seat and 6-piece sectional for 5 years. No issues.

Again, shit happens. I'd be more upset if they didn't recall the table, or tried to fight us to replace it. Something went wrong and they fixed it quickly and pleasantly, that's pretty ideal IMO.

my experience was very different. I wanted my money back, plain and simple, and they would only offer store credit and they were not easy to deal with, nor were they friendly or accommodating.
yes, shit happens but this thread is specifically asking about the quality of their products. the only 2 products i have purchased from EQ3 had defects. that may be bad luck but that will forever taint my opinion of EQ3.
when someone asks about the quality of something, then another person answers with an explanation of how the product broke, the appropriate response is not 'yeah well shit happens'

idriveabox
01-05-2016, 12:42 PM
OP, our entire house (basically) is EQ3 ranging from a couch that was purchased in 2008 to the current bedroom set (frame, dresser, side tables). Never had a problem and the service is top notch.

The couch is going on 8 years and looks great.

Mibz
01-05-2016, 01:14 PM
the only 2 products i have purchased from EQ3 had defects. that may be bad luck but that will forever taint my opinion of EQ3. That's fair.

when someone asks about the quality of something, then another person answers with an explanation of how the product broke, the appropriate response is not 'yeah well shit happens' It is when the rest of the reviews are positive ;)

sputnik
01-05-2016, 03:38 PM

my experience was very different. I wanted my money back, plain and simple, and they would only offer store credit and they were not easy to deal with, nor were they friendly or accommodating.

So basically your only real complaint is that they didn't refund your money.

And how long did you own the table before it broke and EQ3 recalled it?

I would find it pretty hard to find a company that would refund you your money because you were complaining about an issue with a product that they voluntarily recalled and offered you a full replacement for.

Mibz
01-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Hope he doesn't own a car.

Maxx Mazda
01-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I used to have an EQ3 entertainment unit, thing was solid. Have about 4 EQ3 lamps and they are all absolute shit.

timdog
01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

So basically your only real complaint is that they didn't refund your money.

And how long did you own the table before it broke and EQ3 recalled it?

I would find it pretty hard to find a company that would refund you your money because you were complaining about an issue with a product that they voluntarily recalled and offered you a full replacement for.

no, my only real complaint isnt just that they didnt refund my money. if you read my post that you commented on, and my first post in regards to having more than one piece of furniture that were poor quality, you would see that I have several complaints:

- didnt refund my money
- poor customer service
- poor quality of two different pieces of furniture (my bed frame didnt break but it had some weird issue with being warped and causing the center of the mattress to bulge up. we tried reaching out to EQ3 and they were very unhelpful and ultimately told us to deal with it)

and also you make several assumptions, one of which is that they recalled it voluntarily and offered me a full replacement. when the issue happened with me, I had not received a recall notice. i believe our issue happened before the recall, and as such they were not aware of the issue which is probably why they werent prepared to handle it and thus were difficult to deal with. they didnt offer a replacement, they offered store credit. the exact table i wanted no longer existed (which conflicts with my previous statement because i assumed it wasnt produced anymore because of the recall... i can't reconcile this, who knows). i didnt like or want any other tables from there, i wanted the one I bought originally, so store credit didnt do me any good. I owned the table for 3 months.

timdog
01-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Hope he doesn't own a car.

you people are all ridiculous and taking everything i've said out of context. the table wasnt recalled. it fucking crumbled MID-THANKSGIVING DINNER with no recall notice prior and no indication of faulty manufacturing. the next day, when we called EQ3, they told me to bring it back and they would look at it. it wasnt until a month later that they told me it was recalled, at which point I had already purchased a different table.

yes, things are recalled. this is not comparable to owning a VW and them recalling it because of faulty ignition switch. this is comparable to driving down the road in a new VW and the brakes not working and you crash into a fucking lamp post and the next day VW says 'alright bring it in' and then you do and they say 'well we can offer you VW credit to replace this thing'.

Mibz
01-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Who's being ridiculous? You're saying dinner on the floor is the same as a car crash.

I'm sure having to quickly decide whether or not to apply the 10 second rule to your turkey was traumatizing, but you need to take the timing of the incident out of this.

wildrice
01-06-2016, 09:40 PM
cuz eq3 is the only company to design something that was faulty....

anyways. have had a couch from them for 3 years and haven't had a single issue. went back and bought some more during their boxing day sale. no issues with the quality at eq3 from me.

timdog
01-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Who's being ridiculous? You're saying dinner on the floor is the same as a car crash.

I'm sure having to quickly decide whether or not to apply the 10 second rule to your turkey was traumatizing, but you need to take the timing of the incident out of this.

you're right. i'll take the timing out of it.

it fucking crumbled ____* with no recall notice prior and no indication of faulty manufacturing. the next day, when we called EQ3, they told me to bring it back and they would look at it. it wasnt until a month later that they told me it was recalled, at which point I had already purchased a different table. (*previously contained the phrase "mid-thanksgiving dinner" and omitted)

it's still a very frustrating experience and not something i would write off as 'oh well shit happens'. not to mention the other piece of furniture I bought for over $1000 which is also faulty and they didnt help with or offer any type of return or credit for.

based on everyone else's feedback however, it sounds like it may have been coincidental or their products have improved since then. i will still likely never buy anything from there.

also have you ever heard of an analogy? i.e. comparing a car crash to a dinner table falling apart. it's actually a very suitable comparison. one of those most devastating manufacturing defects to happen with product A (a car) compared to one of the most devastating manufacturing defects to happen with product B (a table). if you think i'm actually comparing the results of each and considering them equal, you don't understand how analogies work.

Mibz
01-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Haha, listen man, you're getting way too worked up over this thread and that table. I'm sorry I egged you on, it was rude.

Lex350
01-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Like many shops these days you have to be careful on what you buy. So many stores are supplementing their lines with product from China. The quality is not that good. Before you buy, see if you can get the manufacturer's name of the furniture and look online for any details about it.

The other problem with product is if there is a defect it takes forever to get a replacement. This is opposite than manufacturers like say Caligaris. They are an Italian manufacturer but stock plenty of product in California.

I've looked at EQ3 before but never bought.

BTW...I've said it before and I'll say it again. STAY AWAY FROM REVOLVE UNLESS YOU WANT TO THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY.

wildrice
01-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

BTW...I've said it before and I'll say it again. STAY AWAY FROM REVOLVE UNLESS YOU WANT TO THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY.

Care to elaborate?

sputnik
01-08-2016, 01:11 AM
Revolve just sells generic crap from China.

Lex350
01-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Revolve just sells generic crap from China.

yes...and you can get the exact same stuff at other places for almost half the price.

liquid1010
01-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Bought a couch at Revolve a few years ago..... seriously not impressed.