PDA

View Full Version : People not covering their fucking mouths (public places)

TomcoPDR
12-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Making my contribution to the old man bitching crew. Anyone notice, feels to me a lot more inconsiderate losers cough, sneeze, hack in PUBLIC PLACES (grocery stores, airport, doctors office) without even attempting to cover their fucking mouths?

And that's with many race, ages as well. (I do notice more with older 45+ doing it)

If you're one of those, please stop it. It's disgusting.

Seth1968
12-29-2015, 09:34 AM
...and don't sneeze or cough into your hands. You'll just spread that shit everywhere you go. It's much safer to sneeze or cough into your elbow.

TomcoPDR
12-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968
...and don't sneeze or cough into your hands. You'll just spread that shit everywhere you go. It's much safer to sneeze or cough into your elbow.

:werd:

Yup thanks for the add. And one of the reasons mom always told me to wash fruits and veggies from the store. Used to remember other kids eating apples from the skin without washing. (Them saying never been washed it's clean enough with a quick shirt wipe)

I actually know a couple who put their weekly purchase in the sink with water and vinegar and scrub everything down before putting into fridge, for this very same reason.

spikerS
12-29-2015, 10:01 AM
I give my fruits and veggies a quick rinse, nothing more.

But I am also a big practitioner of not wiping down everything with lysol and such. We all have immune systems for a reason, and by not exposing ourselves to different viruses and such, we are actually weakening ourselves.

now mind you, yes, cough into your sleeve or elbow, no need to spread things recklessly.

Skidro
12-29-2015, 10:35 AM
The worst is children that run around and cough everywhere. But I don't blame them but their stupid parents!!

codetrap
12-29-2015, 10:48 AM

firebane
12-29-2015, 11:08 AM
It isn't just coughing its everything.

I see people clipping nails in public, coughing openly with no coverage in public.. hell I saw some guy blow his nose into a newspaper on the train one day.

Its just getting gross out there and people seem to simply not give a fuck.

Type_S1
12-29-2015, 11:26 AM
A few weeks ago I was on public transit (tried it, parking DT is still worth it) and a guy coughed on the back of my head and I felt it...I was upset but thought maybe it was an accident so gave a dirty Wtf look and went on reading the news. 5 minutes later he does it again. I turned around a coughed as violently as possible into his face and said "oh sorry, I am a huge asshole and forgot to cover my mouth". Needless to say I don't think he will be coughing on people anymore.

codetrap
12-29-2015, 12:06 PM

max_boost
12-29-2015, 12:15 PM
If you are sick wear a sars mask. Also picking your nose is a bad one too.

95EG6P
12-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
A few weeks ago I was on public transit (tried it, parking DT is still worth it) and a guy coughed on the back of my head and I felt it...I was upset but thought maybe it was an accident so gave a dirty Wtf look and went on reading the news. 5 minutes later he does it again. I turned around a coughed as violently as possible into his face and said "oh sorry, I am a huge asshole and forgot to cover my mouth". Needless to say I don't think he will be coughing on people anymore.

:clap:

Skidro
12-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
As a parent of a child that does exactly his. Why don't you try to explain to a 2 year old that's coughing that he or she should cough into their elbow. I've been working on this with my daughter for weeks now. She's getting better, but shes two. Right now she's about as smart as an intelligent dog ffs. I guess that makes me a stupid parent? Ignorant comments like this make me want to hold her up to cough right in your face. :barf:

Thomas, I tend to agree with you on this one. We actually bought masks and wore them around this christmas for when we had family come over. Except for the toddler. We just kept washing her hands every half hour. She enjoyed all the splashing lol.

So I should blame the parents of the parents because they didn't teach manners? Damn baby boomers

msommers
12-29-2015, 01:09 PM

:rofl: Nice

Mitsu3000gt
12-29-2015, 01:21 PM
I find that 99% of people don't realize you need to cough into the crook of their elbow or similar for decent suppression of germs. Even the 'polite' people just hack into their hands and then go about their business touching everything. Nothing you can do about it really, I just try remember to wash my hands regularly and avoid Transit as much as possible. Along with my flu shot I get sick once every two years or so for a few days.

R!zz0
12-29-2015, 02:46 PM

:thumbsup:

codetrap
12-29-2015, 03:09 PM

R!zz0
12-29-2015, 04:19 PM
I see this everyday in the hospital and it makes me sick (no pun intended) Some of them don't even use alcohol to clean their hands after they sneeze and shake other people's hands :barf:

max_boost
12-29-2015, 04:26 PM
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. All good.

speedog
12-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
I see this everyday in the hospital and it makes me sick (no pun intended) Some of them don't even use alcohol to clean their hands after they sneeze and shake other people's hands :barf:
How did our world get by in the past with no antiseptic wipes, sprays, foams, soaps, what have you?

Personally, I use very little of these and have maybe had the flu once in the past 5 years and maybe 7 or 8 colds in that same time frame. I think what you put into your body, how well you take care of your body and your stress levels are maybe more important factors in how often you are unwell. Less processed food, no smoking, limited or no alcohol, moderate exercise of some type, good sleep habits and lowered stress levels all will contribute to a healthier you as opposed to antiseptic everything and masks.

btimbit
12-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by speedog

How did our world get by in the past with no antiseptic wipes, sprays, foams, soaps, what have you?

Personally, I use very little of these and have maybe had the flu once in the past 5 years and maybe 7 or 8 colds in that same time frame. I think what you put into your body, how well you take care of your body and your stress levels are maybe more important factors in how often you are unwell. Less processed food, no smoking, limited or no alcohol, moderate exercise of some type, good sleep habits and lowered stress levels all will contribute to a healthier you as opposed to antiseptic everything and masks.

I'm with speedog on this one.

Obviously, basics like covering your damn mouth need to be followed, but this fear of any human contact is hilarious.

No, I don't need to wipe my shopping cart handle off with a wipe before I use it, I'll wash my hands before I eat and be fine.

C_Dave45
12-29-2015, 07:46 PM

^Nailed it!

Try working in construction in the 80's. No Such thing as sani wipes or liquid sanitizer. Porta potty with no water. Having lunch? Don't piss all over your hands and make sure you use lots of toilet paper.
I never get a flu shot and don't use sani wipes at all. If there's a sink, great, I'll wash my hands.
I hardly ever get sick. Once every few years. And it lasts a day maybe two tops. I'm back at work whether I'm sick as a dog. Can't afford time off.

The_Rural_Juror
12-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Vampire cough.

https://probaway.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/the_office_sneeze.jpg

max_boost
12-29-2015, 09:20 PM

Personally, I use very little of these and have maybe had the flu once in the past 5 years and maybe 7 or 8 colds in that same time frame. I think what you put into your body, how well you take care of your body and your stress levels are maybe more important factors in how often you are unwell. Less processed food, no smoking, limited or no alcohol, moderate exercise of some type, good sleep habits and lowered stress levels all will contribute to a healthier you as opposed to antiseptic everything and masks. lol

yes all true but it's still gross. :rofl: :barf:

Nufy
12-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

^Nailed it!

Try working in construction in the 80's. No Such thing as sani wipes or liquid sanitizer. Porta potty with no water. Having lunch? Don't piss all over your hands and make sure you use lots of toilet paper.
I never get a flu shot and don't use sani wipes at all. If there's a sink, great, I'll wash my hands.
I hardly ever get sick. Once every few years. And it lasts a day maybe two tops. I'm back at work whether I'm sick as a dog. Can't afford time off.

Or currently up north in the patch...

try going into a Porta potty that hasn't been emptied in 2 weeks due to the cold or some other reason...

The mound of crap almost reaches to the bottom of the seat.

But when you gotta go...well....

InRich
12-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Haha this thread is funny. and I 100% agree with everything everyone has said. cough in your fucking elbow plz. otherwise your getting the I hope you fucking fall to your knees and die death stare from me.

Oh and heres another.

If your mother fucking sick!!!!! stay the fuck home!!!! If I catch you at work, coughing, sneezing, wheezing, blowing your fucking nose, and then shaking hands with people, clients, etc. I'll have a straight up talking on the side with you. Like I did at the gym with some fucking idiot last week. Guy can barley walk, hes clearly very sick, but hes on the treadmill, then hes on the weights, then a few machines, I walked up to him and asked him why he was there, before he could even answer, I told him, because your doing a great job of infecting everyone in here with that shit you got. Was that your main objective today? get everyone sick? he looked at me like I was the idiot... he left shortly after. what a fucking idiot. god nothing boils my blood more then some of the shit mentioned in this thread.

Dumbass17
12-30-2015, 06:29 PM
I'd rather people cough vs chewing/talking with their mouth open. It is my ultimate pet peeve. I want to bring harm to those who do this:whipped:

Seth1968
12-30-2015, 06:40 PM
I scratched my ass and then smelled my hand.

Admit it, you've done the same.

heavyD
12-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Meh. The sheer amount of people I see not wash their hands after taking a piss and/or shit concerns me far more than this. What is it with younger guys now that they feel they don't need to wash their hands? I feel like the gym I work out at is a biohazard.