PDA

View Full Version : Shipping WITHIN Canada

Altezza
03-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Anyone shipped wheels within Canada before? Looking to ship a set of wheels from TO to Calgary. Anyone have past experiences with certain companies? How much did it run you?

ThE tV 8 mE
03-15-2004, 01:19 PM
take a look at this page:

http://www.canadapost.com/personal/rates/default-e.asp

roopi
03-15-2004, 01:29 PM
I shipped a set of wheels (with tires) from Vancouver to Grande Prairie (4-5 hours NW of Edmonton) a few years back through Purolator and was about $100-$120 CAD. If you are shipping with tires I suggest you not have air in them.

You might want to check out Greyhound's prices as well. Other options are FedEx Ground or UPS Ground as long as you are shipping within Canada.

Make sure you pack them really good as well. Also check to see if you pack them as 2 packages instead of 1 or 4. I remember packing mine as 2 seperate packages to get the best rate.

shadowz
03-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Yup Ive shipped wheels and tires from Calgary to Moncton, through Greyhound, it was about 110 with shipping and insurance that would cover $2800, which was very good and it arrived in 5 days

dishrag
03-15-2004, 03:01 PM
last year I had wheels FedEx'd from Sarnia to Calgary, it was $80 and I got 'em 2nd day. I think the guy shipped them through his work though and got a discount.

Redlyne_mr2
03-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I had 4 wheels shipped from vancouver to calgary it was $47 by greyhound. Whats nice about greyhound is that it can be shipped collect so you pick it up and pay for it when it arrives. That way know you're not getting jacked on shipping

roopi
03-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I had 4 wheels shipped from vancouver to calgary it was $47 by greyhound. Whats nice about greyhound is that it can be shipped collect so you pick it up and pay for it when it arrives. That way know you're not getting jacked on shipping

When shipping collect via Greyhound it is actually more expensive then shipping it prepaid. There are additional charges on collect shipments.

Yellow_Fly_Red
03-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Ship via Ground using:

PUROLATOR

xkon
03-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Yellow_Fly_Red
Ship via Ground using:

PUROLATOR

i HATE PUROLATOR

Loomis / aka DHL Express always give me great rates, and are fast - and are alays helpful should something go wrong, and always fix it!

Purolator always FLYS everything that should be ground and PREPAYS what i send collect... and they REFUSE to correct after as well. I closed our account with them at work and told them to F OFF!

weldsintegra
03-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by xkon

i HATE PUROLATOR

Loomis / aka DHL Express always give me great rates, and are fast - and are alays helpful should something go wrong, and always fix it!

Purolator always FLYS everything that should be ground and PREPAYS what i send collect... and they REFUSE to correct after as well. I closed our account with them at work and told them to F OFF!

yea purolator... a bunch of clowns. :thumbsdow

hjr
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
there are many many companies that ship. check out the yellow pages and find the best rate.

Weapon_R
03-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Within Canada, I use Canadapost. I shipped a set of wheels to Nova Scotia for aroun $100.