PDA

View Full Version : Need a Welder

forbiddenera
01-01-2016, 02:00 AM
My exhaust broke, it's a clean break, I just don't have a welder anymore.

It's probably a 5 to 10 minute job.. If you can help me or let me use your welder for a little bit, I'd be really appreative and supply good beer.

Thanks!

schurchill39
01-01-2016, 02:56 AM
What part of the city are you in? I have a mig and an arc in the deep SE you could probably use. I should be around tomorrow afternoon if I don't get any work calls. You could swing by with a case of beer and we can fix you up.

firebane
01-01-2016, 10:39 AM
If your still looking I'm in the SW. Its only a 110v with flux but it should work.

forbiddenera
01-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Pmd you both thanks!

Christian@IE
01-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Legendboy is your man is you're in the north end.

schurchill39
01-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Christian@IE
Legendboy is your man is you're in the north end.

+1 Legendboy is real deal. i just tinker in my garage

firebane
01-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Fixed him up.

Not a weldable job.. there was 1/4" of pipe missing and would have required either a lift or the mid pipe to be dropped.

Patched him up for now with some sheet metal and a few hose clamps.

schurchill39
01-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Oh weird. He said he was on his way then texted me saying "something came up and I'll have to maybe do this another day. Sorry. Thanks a bunch either way though".

I don't know, it seems pretty silly to lie about something like that when someone is offering to help you. A simple "I had Firebane look at it and it was further gone than I thought. Not going to be able to weld it. Thanks for your offer though" would have probably been better suited. :bullshit:

:closed:

J.M.
01-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Lol

M.alex
01-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39
Oh weird. He said he was on his way then texted me saying "something came up and I'll have to maybe do this another day. Sorry. Thanks a bunch either way though".

I don't know, it seems pretty silly to lie about something like that when someone is offering to help you. A simple "I had Firebane look at it and it was further gone than I thought. Not going to be able to weld it. Thanks for your offer though" would have probably been better suited. :bullshit:

:closed:

OPie has some splainin to do :rofl:

troi.oi
01-02-2016, 10:25 PM
can someone pm me legendboys contact info:?

forbiddenera
01-03-2016, 07:03 AM
As I texted schurchill privately, something did come up and I had to run to a certain part of the city. En route Firebane texts and happens to live in that exact area, stopped there after instead because I still had to help a friend and her cat move after that even.

No offense meant to anyone and I really appreciate all the offers for help and the work firebane did, first thing I said is "You don't have to crawl under my car and do it for me..." as he's already half way under there.. LOL..

I can now talk in my car again, appreciated.

troi.oi
02-25-2016, 12:43 AM
so legendboy is pretty busy.
anyone have any other recommendations to get some parts welded
they need to be able to weld stainless steel!

ercchry
02-25-2016, 01:55 AM
Vex has a guy that does work for them when needed, he is good and b-pressure certified even