PDA

View Full Version : Front and Rear Parking Sensors Install

zuniokinz
01-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Any recommendations on a brand and a place in Calgary to install Front and Rear Parking Sensors? I would like the CAN bus integrated sensors so they only turn on when needed.
I read good things about Cobra Parkaid.

This will go on a 2016 MDX. Dealer has an option for a Rear Parking sensor option... The Elite model of MDX comes with both front and rear so perhaps my Navi is pre-wired.

Thanks

eglove
01-02-2016, 11:19 PM
I believe autotemp does

top_speed
01-02-2016, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't recommend putting aftermarket front and rear sensors and splicing into a new car wires just my opinion. If possibly just get the oem sensors,drill holes in the bumper, pretty simple and plug and play.

AE92_TreunoSC
01-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Aftermarket sensors are useless. I've yet to use one that is accurate. It's a last resort, especially for a nice new luxury SUV. Better off buying a better pair of glasses. The backup cameras work 1000x better than any reverse sensor.

Team_Mclaren
01-03-2016, 11:36 PM
buy an elite?

zuniokinz
01-05-2016, 03:47 AM
Im not looking at the Chinese $25 kits...

Im looking at these ones potentially. Same stuff used in OEM BMW, Mercedes etc...

http://de.bosch-automotive.com/en/parts_and_accessories/electronics_and_accessories/parking_aid/park_pilot_parking_electrics_parts/park_pilot_parking_electrics_parts_1