PDA

View Full Version : New money making ideas

speedog
01-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Times are tough, people getting laid off, oil's tanking so it's maybe about high time that people start getting innovative and come up with some great, new money making ideas.

Better than being on the street and no, this is certainly not me as I am quite unhairy (got more hair up top but am quite a bit whiter plus not as pudgy) but this guy certainly did some thinking outside of the box - link (http://www.calendhair.com/). Now I do have to apologize because you will not be able to un-see what you'll see on his web site but it is not NSFW and is most certainly ingenious.

So, what are some of the other crazier things out there that you are currently doing or have stumbled upon that could be used as a new or additional income source?

Seth1968
01-03-2016, 11:57 AM
If I wasn't such an upstanding, compliant, and moral citizen, I'd get into the computer malware business:) But anyway, great thread idea Speedog.

BTW- Any truth in making money off of YouTube hits? If so, I've got an alien living in my shed.

speedog
01-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Making a comfortable living off of YouTube, yupp, very doable. Our family recently made the aquaintance of a very polite young man who makes his living off of his YouTube channel - nothing disgusting or NSFW or anything like snowpussyxxx. It's actually quite fascinating to see how it can be done and is certainly not something just anyone could do and could die very quickly if your YouTube activities fall out of fashion.

schurchill39
01-03-2016, 02:23 PM
The Mrs. and I were talking about getting into the craft business the other day. Going to those fairs with her and seeing what some people sell their crap for is ridiculous.

BensonTT
01-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Making a comfortable living off of YouTube, yupp, very doable. Our family recently made the aquaintance of a very polite young man who makes his living off of his YouTube channel - nothing disgusting or NSFW or anything like snowpussyxxx. It's actually quite fascinating to see how it can be done and is certainly not something just anyone could do and could die very quickly if your YouTube activities fall out of fashion.

How much are we talking here? Enough to buy a beige Corolla or an AMG?

NoPulp
01-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT

How much are we talking here? Enough to buy a beige Corolla or an AMG?

A quick Google search says the top youtubers range from 2.5 to 12 million A YEAR.

Why do I ever bother with work.

ExtraSlow
01-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Top NFL players make more than that, why bother with youtube?

On a more serious note, I've asked around a few folks, and it sounds like you need a combination of luck and skill to get a decent following. Any individual making over $1000 per month I would consider to be one of the top producers. Met a kid who claimed he made $5k per month on video game reviews, but I think he was inflating that a bit.

revelations
01-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Im in the >1000$ month YT group.

It takes:

a) viral video or
b) consistent content that gets built up over time with followers

Even with a viral video it took 6 months. Find a niche that you like and that is under reached right now. For eg, 24 hours of airplane noise (already done though).

max_boost
01-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Hot chick. Half naked. Lots of followers. :bigpimp: :love:

Seth1968
01-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by revelations

So the alien in my shed doesn't seem so obscure.

Link?

speedog
01-03-2016, 07:06 PM

It takes:

a) viral video or
b) consistent content that gets built up over time with followers

Even with a viral video it took 6 months. Find a niche that you like and that is under reached right now. For eg, 24 hours of airplane noise (already done though).
It's 'b' for the friend of ours and they also get paid for appearances with celebrities as well as get paid to wear certain apparel and use certain products. A very alien concept to us but they've managed to make something out of nothing, lucky or not, and they constantly have to pay attention to almost everything in their life including their physical appearance and how they groom themselves.

speedog
01-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

So the alien in my shed doesn't seem so obscure.

Link?
I keep reading 'head' instead of 'shed' and in some ways, it almost seems befitting of you. :)

Seth1968
01-03-2016, 11:16 PM

I keep reading 'head' instead of 'shed' and in some ways, it almost seems befitting of you. :)

I'm taking that as a compliment.

Stupid humans:)

codetrap
01-03-2016, 11:43 PM

rx7boi
01-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968

BTW- Any truth in making money off of YouTube hits? If so, I've got an alien living in my shed.

Yeah, except you need to actually be likeable as well in order to make that happen :rofl:

For instance, max_boost is likeable.

You are not.

SmAcKpOo
01-04-2016, 09:30 AM
If you're a young, fit, attractive woman you can do very well as a Cam Girl. Apparently there are tons of College age girls doing this now.

Or, if you have big tits start a League of Legends stream.

RealJimmyJames
01-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Nothing for pudgy dudes?:dunno:

dirtsniffer
01-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Who are you?

RealJimmyJames
01-04-2016, 09:59 AM
been lurking for a while, only recently joined, to comment on a few threads I had been following. Am I posting too much?

dirtsniffer
01-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Hahah no not at all, usually it takes new people a while to start posting a bunch is all so I thought you may have previously been here.

Welcome to the forum. :goflames:

revelations
01-04-2016, 10:56 AM
If anyone is serious about getting (legitimate) income off the side through the internetz, blackhatworld forums is another place to look at. Not necessarily get rich quick, but rather ideas that take work, research and time.

For eg. (no, you wont make 50k a month, but you could start at 100$ /day without too much effort).
I personally know people who have done FB adverts - and are still doing.

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/making-money/601972-my-50k-month-facebook-ads-only.html

The possibilities are endless and the information is out there. I also know people (some on beyond) who make a living off Poker - if thats your thing.

dandia89
01-04-2016, 11:08 AM
If anyone is serious about getting (legitimate) income off the side through the internetz, blackhatworld forums is another place to look at. Not necessarily get rich quick, but rather ideas that take work, research and time.

For eg. (no, you wont make 50k a month, but you could start at 100$ /day without too much effort).
I personally know people who have done FB adverts - and are still doing.

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/making-money/601972-my-50k-month-facebook-ads-only.html

The possibilities are endless and the information is out there. I also know people (some on beyond) who make a living off Poker - if thats your thing.

poker is perceived to be a very glamorous way to make money, but it requires a ton of work and a mental toughness most people don't have. most poker players who focus in tournaments will most likely be living in their parents basement till they hit a big pot (if you're lucky that'll happen). if you're smart and dedicated i bet you can make a good chunk through cash games but it should be a side job, never your primary income (obviously there are on exceptions)

HiTempguy1
01-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by rx7boi

Yeah, except you need to actually be likeable as well in order to make that happen :rofl:

You are not.

That is not true in the slightest. DSPGaming (DarkSidePhil) is a super popular channel and that guy is a straight up dickhead.

You need to give the consumer what they want. I know a couple people who earn a living off of youtube, and going to PAX Prime this year and attending some of the panels was quite interesting. Hell, if I get laid off, I am seriously considering starting a channel for shits and giggles.

1 million views is $1400(usd) apparently. There are youtubers putting out 3 videos per day, each video getting 50k to 100k views. That's $2800USD per month. And if you are doing video games, there really doesn't have to be much editing.

Edit-
As for other "money making ideas", I don't know why anyone would share them here ;) I'm working on a couple of side-businesses right now, if just one of them takes off, I'll be able to change out of my current job and be my own boss. The dream is real :D

revelations
01-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Yea it can start off as a side-thing but anything online can be grown to a main source of income given time, persistence and tenacity. I find people tend to give up too quick though when going gets tough - tenacity is not so common :dunno:

Dumbass17
01-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
The Mrs. and I were talking about getting into the craft business the other day. Going to those fairs with her and seeing what some people sell their crap for is ridiculous.
I hear ya. $250 for a cutting board or $60 for little wooden earrings. Suck a dick!

Seth1968
01-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi

You are not.

That's because I tell the truth.

max_boost
01-04-2016, 01:27 PM

It's 'b' for the friend of ours and they also get paid for appearances with celebrities as well as get paid to wear certain apparel and use certain products. A very alien concept to us but they've managed to make something out of nothing, lucky or not, and they constantly have to pay attention to almost everything in their life including their physical appearance and how they groom themselves.

You watching Keeping up with the Kardashians, I am Cait etc. ? aha

revelations
01-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Another example of a niche would be infrared camera recordings. Those are not common place yet but a phone-attached unit will set you back 300$.

A790
01-04-2016, 02:30 PM
I just got involved in really great company where I can earn an income from people I bring into the business. PM me to learn more :)

speedog
01-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

You watching Keeping up with the Kardashians, I am Cait etc. ? aha
Why the hate?

I didn't think it was possible that someone could make a living from social media and yet I now know someone who does and for the record, I have not once watched any of the shows you mentioned. Hell, I haven't even heard of the second one while you have, maybe that says something of the television you watch and that I apparently don't.

killramos
01-04-2016, 02:52 PM
I think i am going to start blue bin picking the day before the old asian lady in the neighborhood does.

:devil:

ickyflex
01-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Starting a business!

vengie
01-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by A790
I just got involved in really great company where I can earn an income from people I bring into the business. PM me to learn more :)

Network Marketing?

jwslam
01-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by vengie
Network Marketing?
Think bigger
http://www.monsterpiggybank.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Pyramid-Scheme.jpg

suntan
01-04-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm going to offer my services on Upwork.

CompletelyNumb
01-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Think bigger
http://www.monsterpiggybank.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Pyramid-Scheme.jpg

:rofl:

Hell if it pays more than minimum wage I'm in :nut:

A790
01-04-2016, 04:51 PM

Network Marketing?
No no no, not network marketing.

I mean, it's like network marketing, but it's not network marketing.

We're having a big conference on Tuesday to tell you all about it. Why don't you swing by? :)

vengie
01-04-2016, 05:02 PM

We're having a big conference on Tuesday to tell you all about it. Why don't you swing by? :)

Only if I get to wear a suit and there are free snacks, and you guarantee I am a millionaire within 4 months.

revelations
01-04-2016, 05:20 PM

Cam, I hope this is not spelt W.F.G. - or some isogenix thing.

jwslam
01-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
:rofl:

Hell if it pays more than minimum wage I'm in :nut:
Or y'know, you could do this
http://i.imgur.com/1oGqxHz.png

A790
01-04-2016, 10:25 PM

Only if I get to wear a suit and there are free snacks, and you guarantee I am a millionaire within 4 months.
Two months or less, guaranteed.

Cam, I hope this is not spelt W.F.G. - or some isogenix thing.
No sir! In fact, we don't use W, F, or G when spelling it at all :)

never
01-04-2016, 10:33 PM
I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can start making money grudge racing...that's the ticket to big cash!

revelations
01-04-2016, 11:36 PM

Does it involve R. Kyosaki ?

carson blocks
01-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by never
I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can start making money grudge racing...that's the ticket to big cash!

Let's petition Mickey Thompson for a studdable winter version of the E.T. Street drag radial, just for the Canadian market :rofl:

A790
01-05-2016, 11:02 AM

Does it involve R. Kyosaki ?
Come to the Tuesday conference!

never
01-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks

Let's petition Mickey Thompson for a studdable winter version of the E.T. Street drag radial, just for the Canadian market :rofl:

That'd work...have to really dial back the power though. Or we could just have a tow rig races over the winter.

max_boost
01-05-2016, 12:33 PM

Come to the Tuesday conference! Just take a pic of your Lambo in front of your big house and I'll believe ya. haha Good luck. :thumbsup:

Disoblige
01-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Is my sarcasm detector broken? Not sure if A790 is srs or not lol.

EK 2.0
01-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Only one way to find out...go to the Tuesday meeting...

jwslam
01-05-2016, 12:57 PM

What about A, C, and N?

A790
01-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Just take a pic of your Lambo in front of your big house and I'll believe ya. haha Good luck. :thumbsup:
http://i.imgur.com/fl9j2nj.jpg

I don't have a Lambo :(

Originally posted by Disoblige

:)

mr2mike
01-05-2016, 12:59 PM
http://images.tvrage.com/people/67/198557.jpg

revelations
01-05-2016, 01:27 PM
My sarcasm detector clearly is ..... broken

If SRS, I can tell you that their ideas are just that, great networking and selling the occasional product for ridiculous prices.

ae92gts
01-05-2016, 01:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/fl9j2nj.jpg

I don't have a Lambo :(

:)

:rofl: Cam, this is pure gold. I want to be a independent "Business" owner just like you, so I can drive a Lamborghini F430!!!

theken
01-05-2016, 01:34 PM
ive recently been proposed to sell a vitamin, its highly endorsed, and could be fantastic, if anybody is interested. I think its a mlm but a few of my wifes friends are doing it and have been pulling some actually decent money. like just started over christmas and her and her husband both got cheques for 1800.

vengie
01-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by theken
ive recently been proposed to sell a vitamin, its highly endorsed, and could be fantastic, if anybody is interested. I think its a mlm but a few of my wifes friends are doing it and have been pulling some actually decent money. like just started over christmas and her and her husband both got cheques for 1800.

Isagenix?

a Co-worker is a rep for them, some of their stuff actually isn't too bad! just very pricey.

HiTempguy1
01-05-2016, 01:57 PM

Isagenix?

a Co-worker is a rep for them, some of their stuff actually isn't too bad! just very pricey.

You know, besides vitamins and supplements being a scam.

But yea, otherwise, you are totally correct! :rofl:

revelations
01-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Yep Isagenix is the same stuff you can buy at a health food store, just marketed differently and priced much higher.

Source: have friends who are trying to recruit me.

As with all "cleansers" I urge caution as they may have laxatives or other ingredients which can cause colon issues.

Strider
01-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Honestly can't tell if anyone is serious in this thread anymore. :nut:

Disoblige
01-05-2016, 02:36 PM
There used to be a co-worker (has since been laid off, thank god) who kept trying to push his Amway products to everyone and even everyone else in town. Was the most annoying thing ever, and he was also an annoying person overall (like most MLM peeps).

No fucking way I would ever be involved in that just knowing the stigma, even if I am making $2k a month. Not worth it.

A790
01-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Guys, I've already said I'm not doing network marketing. I don't know what an MLM peep is either, but I'm sure I'm not doing that.

All I'm doing is helping people make money, and in exchange I'm also making some money. Didn't you see my Lambo 430? This is the real deal!

EK 2.0
01-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Guys, I've already said I'm not doing network marketing. I don't know what an MLM peep is either, but I'm sure I'm not doing that.

All I'm doing is helping people make money, and in exchange I'm also making some money. Didn't you see my Lambo 430? This is the real deal!

If you need a testimonial let me know...:D

theken
01-05-2016, 03:10 PM

Isagenix?

a Co-worker is a rep for them, some of their stuff actually isn't too bad! just very pricey. No, immunocal,

it is a 40 year old product that is just getting attention now, its an immunity boost thing, which helps older (and younger) people, says it helps with bone loss, arthritis, diabetes and a bunch of other stuff. George canyon promotes it with his diabetes use, my friend held a meeting and he attended, I never went because i dont know who he is or think he matters but apparently its quite the seller right now with the aging population. I want to buy the package and get people to sign up with me so i can make a few bucks, but i dont really know people outside of work, and most of them are cheap as fuck, but from what i have seen even just getting people to sign up you make quite good money.
Beyond sign up event?
health info (http://webprod5.hc-sc.gc.ca/lnhpd-bdpsnh/language-langage.do?licence=80004370&lang=eng&url=Info)

speedog
01-05-2016, 03:26 PM
How are any of the these MLM businesses new or innovative in the same way as the hairy back calendar guy?

theken
01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
immunocol is new to mlm

CompletelyNumb
01-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Let's all sell Nighton flu relief.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/health-canada-licensing-of-natural-remedies-a-joke-doctor-says-1.2992414

suntan
01-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Start off your MLM pitch like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-81mMBrF0Dpc/UpYNM6PDmyI/AAAAAAACJIU/jMZxAvk1jWA/s400/william+fichtner+go.gif

A790
01-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

If you need a testimonial let me know...:D
I don't know if I could handle the sales volume that a testimonial from an OG beyonder would generate :(

max_boost
01-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Now I wanna see a pic you on a yacht wearing a beyond.ca t-shirt.
:werd: :bigpimp:

A790
01-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Now I wanna see a pic you on a yacht wearing a beyond.ca t-shirt.
:werd: :bigpimp:
Pfft, who owns a yacht in Alberta? Come on, I already posted my one of a kind Lambo 430...

I'm easily the most baller on this forum now. Easily.

max_boost
01-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Ya man. inrich don't have a Ferrari. You win for sure. :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Disoblige
01-05-2016, 05:56 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/D5W9Bd_q9gk/maxresdefault.jpg

GQBalla
01-05-2016, 07:32 PM
You guys poke fun and always say this is a pyramid scheme. It is not a scheme.

A790
01-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
You guys poke fun and always say this is a pyramid scheme. It is not a scheme.
Damn straight. It's a legitimate business opportunity.

revelations
01-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Cam, I think that those who have never been exposed to the financial thinking of Kiyosaki can benefit greatly, however, as I told my "recuiter", I have way too many business ideas unexplored which would yield better results.

quote from RK

"The richest people in the world build networks; everyone else is trained to look for work"

(of course he neglects to mention that, until you get rich, you still need to look for work as well)

EK 2.0
01-06-2016, 08:43 AM

I don't know if I could handle the sales volume that a testimonial from an OG beyonder would generate :(

That's fair, but all you did for me and my financial security it is the least I can do...

carson blocks
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Come on, I already posted my one of a kind Lambo 430...

But is it fully loaded?

A790
01-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Cam, I think that those who have never been exposed to the financial thinking of Kiyosaki can benefit greatly, however, as I told my "recuiter", I have way too many business ideas unexplored which would yield better results.

quote from RK

"The richest people in the world build networks; everyone else is trained to look for work"

(of course he neglects to mention that, until you get rich, you still need to look for work as well)
I got rich in less than six weeks with this business. RK exposed me to the Rich Cam Poor Cam secrets that the other rich folk didn't want to tell me.

Originally posted by EK 2.0

That's fair, but all you did for me and my financial security it is the least I can do...
:) when the time is right my baller friend.

Originally posted by carson blocks

But is it fully loaded?
No :(

jwslam
01-06-2016, 10:56 AM
No :(
Wrong answer. The answer is always "yes except for..."

theken
01-16-2016, 08:18 PM
I started selling immunocal, used it for a week and am sold

JRSC00LUDE
01-16-2016, 09:37 PM
What happened to the Amway guy, the thread was entertaining. Is he gone? Like, to his new house in the Hampton's?