PDA

View Full Version : Little India

QuasarCav
03-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Saw this place get ready for opening, I'm a big fan of indian food so i thought i would give it a try.

Food 3/5 (buffet)
Service 4/5
Value 2.5/5

The food was alright, Didn't have some of the more popular items (beef vindaloo, beef korma). Service was attentive but she only had to refill the water.

But 16.99 for an incomplete buffet:thumbsdow .

I guess i've been tainted by the taj mahal.

It's on macleod / 90th behind the swiss chalet.

nismodrifter
03-15-2004, 02:30 PM
So its not that great of a place???

meh,just have to eat at home then....nothin beats home cooked indian food :D

Marsh
03-30-2004, 08:43 PM
I'd have to agree, you pay too much but you still walk away hungry...thats the downside to that place otherwise not too bad

EK 2.0
03-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
So its not that great of a place???

meh,just have to eat at home then....nothin beats home cooked indian food :D

Amen to that brotha...

Jhu knowing dat the E.I. mummy ji's cannot beaing beaten vhen it is coming down to dhe roti neh dhaal...

Gondi Stylez
03-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Amen to that brotha...

Jhu knowing dat the E.I. mummy ji's cannot beaing beaten vhen it is coming down to dhe roti neh dhaal...

:rofl: :rofl: haha ye home cooked EI food just cant be beaten! :thumbsup:

so really the best resturant is downstairs!! haha!!:D

Dj_Stylz
04-04-2004, 12:55 PM
dont you mean upstairs lol

Home cooked indian food is beter then anything haha i know my mom makes it everyday

Kona9
04-04-2004, 01:14 PM
wow there is alot of brown guys here. Sweeeet!!! Yeah Im just a Gorla but whatever. EI food is where its at!!!!

heres my version of Nelly's "Ride with me"

If you wanna go and take a ride with me,
in tha back of my car with 3 punjabis

Oh why do I feel Gassy
HEY must be the roti!!!!

:angel:

Dj_Stylz
04-04-2004, 02:00 PM
ahha nice

nismodrifter
04-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
wow there is alot of brown guys here. Sweeeet!!! Yeah Im just a Gorla but whatever. EI food is where its at!!!!

Oh why do I feel Gassy
HEY must be the roti!!!!

bahhahahahha ahahahah greatest shit ever man :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

btw...its spelled "gora" :D

EK 2.0
04-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Oh why do I feel Gassy
HEY must be the roti!!!!

Dude, that was HILARIOUS...I cannot stop laughing...

Just for that, and I think the rest of the E.I.'s will agree with me...you are no longer a Gora, I am making you honarary...Apna...

Means one of us...:D

jdmakkord
04-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Jeezus, break out the shoe polish for Kona9 :rofl:

Marsh
04-06-2004, 06:20 PM
^--:rofl:

BigMass
04-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Way too expensive. The butter chicken was good. The buffet was very very limited. (no curry for crying out loud). The place was just standard in terms of interior styling (chairs/tables). Not nearly nice enough for $15/plate LUNCH buffet.

To sum it up, it was good, but not worth the price by a long shot. Maybe $8 buffet i could see that.

DeSi
04-06-2004, 10:10 PM
lols i remembas going to taste of india with some buddys and after the buffet (which was really pimped) it came time to pay. many i got a heart attack lolz 12 bucks for roti.

jdmakkord
04-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Fuck for that price, I'd rather go to mango shiva! At least it has atmosphere, and great food.

/////AMG
04-07-2004, 01:28 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: awesome thread my brown friends. vat u talkb out restuarant? i just eat roti and dhaal at home. but i agree shiva trast beeeeeeeery good. ymmu ymmu

no i need sme deusudsffj;

happygirl
05-02-2004, 03:31 PM
this place is way overpriced considering they had very few meat items on the buffet when i went (just chicken and beef). Plus they are stingy with it and it's mostly sauce.

IndianCritic
07-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
Way too expensive. The butter chicken was good. The buffet was very very limited. (no curry for crying out loud). The place was just standard in terms of interior styling (chairs/tables). Not nearly nice enough for $15/plate LUNCH buffet.

To sum it up, it was good, but not worth the price by a long shot. Maybe $8 buffet i could see that.

I would have to agree with you they are way out of thier league... 15.00 but whatever they will learn as time goes by and they have no customer base... went once and never again!!!

sseeessshhhhhhhh

huss
07-11-2004, 05:36 PM
I say that when at home you can eat this food that you know will be good.....the restraunts i believe are for the less cultured ones who eat it at home less often....

basically i think if u want to eat indian food save the money and eat it at home....use that money for the more "westernized" restraunts