PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good insurance company? Cars/Home etc

InRich
01-05-2016, 06:13 PM
So i'm fucking pissed off. State farm, who i've been with for like 16 years, is now switching over to fucking Desjardins, and they've DRASTICALLY raised their rates on me. btw I havn't had an accident or anything like that.

I currently have 4 vehicles insured by them, plus my home. Whenever I take my cars off the road, park them in the garage, I leave comprehensive on them, which used to cost me around 20 bucks/month. now!!!! they want 708 semi annually for it!!!! thats 118/month, 5x more then state farm, just so I can have the car sitting, in a heated garage, locked for the winter.

Mother FUCKERS! what a rip off!!!

So tell me whos good, who deserves my business?

gkAeris
01-05-2016, 06:33 PM
i use a broker, my buddys dad.

hes good because he price shops, one time he couldn't match the price that i was offered but he was able to manipulate the terms to make it more attractive.

doesn't hurt to give them a call for quotes

Eddie Chui Insurance

403-288-3388

email

[email protected]

can always say Gail referred you see if you can get a deal, especially if you have so much stuff to insure.

Gail

Abeo
01-05-2016, 06:34 PM
You've been on beyond how long? I can't believe you are asking this question.

PM masked bandit. He insures most of Beyond.

btimbit
01-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Abeo
You've been on beyond how long? I can't believe you are asking this question.

PM masked bandit. He insures most of Beyond.

This.

Bill & Darren are great

InRich
01-05-2016, 06:52 PM
^ he should PM or call me... I called em, their answering service has like 10 different people on there. how should i know who he is.

he wants the business he's gonna have to work for it a little.

btimbit
01-05-2016, 06:55 PM
:dunno: I just submitted an online quote and they got back to me in no time

TomcoPDR
01-05-2016, 07:50 PM
You should had came to the touchstone insurance hot dog meet and greet. http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/review-oh-my-dog-bbq-best-poutine-in-town/showthread.php?s=&threadid=389407&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=6

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

This.

Bill & Darren are great

+1

max_boost
01-05-2016, 08:27 PM
That's why I left them too bro. I had 4 cars, home and life with them since 2003.

I switched over to Intact through (Ray) at 1up insurance recently and the savings are outstanding.

A quick google and you'll have all the info. :thumbsup:

revelations
01-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Everything goes through Bill and Darren - great service. He calls my (4) vehicles a "fleet" .... lol

spikerS
01-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by InRich
^ he should PM or call me... I called em, their answering service has like 10 different people on there. how should i know who he is.

he wants the business he's gonna have to work for it a little.

I don't think you are worth the headache you would give Bill.

killramos
01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
^ +1 I don't think any amount of commission would be worth having InRich on the phone for 10 minutes with his entitlement issues and tantrums over not getting what he wants.

:dunno:

Rich go with TD, they can rotate you through their hundreds of staff so no one goes postal :rofl:

Rates aren't bad either.

G-ZUS
01-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by spikerS

I don't think you are worth the headache you would give Bill.

Originally posted by killramos
^ +1 I don't think any amount of commission would be worth having InRich on the phone for 10 minutes with his entitlement issues and tantrums over not getting what he wants.

:dunno:

Rich go with TD, they can rotate you through their hundreds of staff so no one goes postal :rofl:

Rates aren't bad either.

:werd:

NewLextasy
01-06-2016, 09:12 AM
I left State Farm as well.
Went with masked bandit. The guy is great at getting you a good rate and his communication was excellent. Recommended .

Paul
01-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Can someone plz pm me or post Maskedbandits contact info? Also interested in possibly switching

G
01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Holy crap people Touchstone is one of our long time sponsors.

http://www.touchstoneinsurance.ca/

G-ZUS
01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=27420

lasimmon
01-06-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm with TD, haven't had anyone quote me lower yet.

speedog
01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
So tell me whos good, who deserves my business?

he wants the business he's gonna have to work for it a little

Wow, just wow.

So what does a silver spoon taste like?

roopi
01-06-2016, 10:32 AM
TD MM for best rates has given me the best rates.

carson blocks
01-06-2016, 10:36 AM
I was going to recommend Masked Bandit / Touchstone, but he's always been really good to me. For you Inrich, I recommend AMA or really anyone else.

Abeo
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by roopi
TD MM for best rates has given me the best rates.

When I switched from TD MM to Touchstone, I saved 30%. Maybe TD has gotten their head out their asses since then.

killramos
01-06-2016, 11:43 AM
TD is actually pretty good for young professionals who qualify for the discounts ( apega etc.)

I have looked into other options a few times in the past few years and they have always been competitive enough that it wasn't worth switching ( found one quote 50 bucks a year lower, not worth the paperwork lol).

Starting to consolidate some stuff with my wife after getting married though so that might change.

vengie
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
That's the price you pay for owning so many "super cars" and "fully loaded" vehicles!

But in all seriousness, Touchstone has been great, I deal with Shelly over there.

Redlyne_mr2
01-06-2016, 12:00 PM
If you ever have to make a claim with TD you'll soon see why their rates are cheaper. They seem to know how to get out of any claim you submit to them. They are complete crooks and I'd never recommend them to anyone.

lasimmon
01-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
If you ever have to make a claim with TD you'll soon see why their rates are cheaper. They seem to know how to get out of any claim you submit to them. They are complete crooks and I'd never recommend them to anyone.

Just went through a full write off with them, and this couldn't be more different than my experience. :dunno:

Rocket1k78
01-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks
I was going to recommend Masked Bandit / Touchstone, but he's always been really good to me. For you Inrich, I recommend AMA or really anyone else.

:werd: Not sure why you guys are recommending someone good to this asshat.

ExtraSlow
01-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I wrote off two vehicles through TD, and had no issues and helpful service each time. I'm with the boys at Touchstone now because of the shitty house insurance policy at TD, but haven't yet had to make any claims.

A790
01-06-2016, 12:58 PM
This thread :rofl:

Frankly, the only reasons I'd ever recommend Touchstone after my experience is if you want good service and good rates. For any other reason I'd recommend anywhere else.

speedog
01-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Insurance is pretty much like anything else, there will be people that have great things to say about a certain insurance company while others will only have bad experiences at the same insurance company. It's really difficult to say why this is so, maybe we, as the consumers, are bringing something to the table the really affects things, how we present ourselves and how we handle others.

While insurance companies may be mostly big, impersonal things, we consumers still have to deal with our insurance companies at a very human level and I can't help but think that that has much more of an effect than many may realize. How else can I explain my 35+ years of nothing to complain about with respect to my interactions with AMA Insurance, of course it could all be just a huge fluke but 35+ years is a very long time to be just good luck.

Could a broker like Touchstone be as good to deal with, probably according to what I've read in these forums but at the same time, 35+ years of great service is something to be considered in my own personal situation. I also fully understand why the OP is upset with what has happened in their particular situation, I would be too but to elevate one's self above others such as the OP has done further on in this thread usually doesn't serve one's self very well either. Respect is earned and doling it out usually results in it being returned in kind and often unexpected returns as well.

Skyline_Addict
01-07-2016, 05:02 PM
guessboi (ray@1up) has been great for me. saved a lot switching from AMA a few years ago - but more importantly, his customer service is great. always a phone call, text, e-mail, etc away. responds in minutes with updated policies, advice, etc.

not sure if he deserves your business though, or if anyone does, lol :rofl:

silvercivicsir
01-07-2016, 05:33 PM
+1 for ray.. Always answers my questions day or night..

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
guessboi (ray@1up) has been great for me. saved a lot switching from AMA a few years ago - but more importantly, his customer service is great. always a phone call, text, e-mail, etc away. responds in minutes with updated policies, advice, etc.

FraserB
01-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

+2 for Ray

Always picked up when I called, or returned a call within minutes. A few times he's run different scenarios with me on the phone for the cheapest rates and great advice.

Ven
01-08-2016, 10:38 AM
TDMM fucked me around to the point where I had to escalate to the provincial superintendent. It was an appalling and entirely unnecessary situation. The hours I lost....

Went to Ray at 1Up. www.1upinsurance.com Best decision ever.