PDA

View Full Version : Please read this if you love animals!!

imprezive
03-15-2004, 04:12 PM
I hate to hear stuff like this.....

sputnik
03-15-2004, 04:14 PM
I hate PETA

imprezive
03-15-2004, 04:19 PM
why?

Khyron
03-15-2004, 04:22 PM
:angel:

QuasarCav
03-15-2004, 04:38 PM
I hate hearing that shit too. defenseless animals having to put up with that.

That sign is pretty funny though:)

But if you do boycott IAMS what do you think they will do with the animals????

kevie88
03-15-2004, 04:44 PM
I love PETA!!

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals!

Yum!! :D

Seriously tho, how else do you think this stuff gets tested? If I saw pet food that wasn't tested on animals I'd be seriously wondering..

sputnik
03-15-2004, 04:54 PM
How else are they supposed to test products? Would you rather they used immigrants and homeless people instead.

We live in a world where more money is put into animal shelters than orphanages and group homes for troubled and lonely kids.

szw
03-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
How else are they supposed to test products? Would you rather they used immigrants and homeless people instead.

We live in a world where more money is put into animal shelters than orphanages and group homes for troubled and lonely kids.

The issue isn't about testing on the animals, its about the treatment of the animals they use for testing.

Khyron
03-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Yah I have to agree, they sound pretty mean. Cutting vocal cords, and keeping them in tiny pens. But then again, I don't complain about the treatment of chickens or pigs so why care so much about the puppies?

Khyron

REFLUX
03-15-2004, 05:46 PM
you know...I'm all for the humane treatment of animals but sometimes I wonder if PETA has lost sight of their own goals.

Some of their information seems SOOOOO extreme & skewed it's difficult to believe.
But humans don't eat IAMS and I don't remember PETA campaigning for vegetarian dogs/cats...so I guess there isn't much incentive for them to exaggerate this IAMS bit...

szw
03-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by REFLUX
you know...I'm all for the humane treatment of animals but sometimes I wonder if PETA has lost sight of their own goals.

Some of their information seems SOOOOO extreme & skewed it's difficult to believe.
But humans don't eat IAMS and I don't remember PETA campaigning for vegetarian dogs/cats...so I guess there isn't much incentive for them to exaggerate this IAMS bit...

:werd: this is a lot easier to believe than some of their campaigns which a lot of people do not agree with.

///M3
03-15-2004, 06:03 PM
haha bad for life IAMdead

MerfBall
03-15-2004, 06:06 PM
It's funny because the original person who owned and developed IAMs prior to P&G buying it, was an animal lover and developed IAMs to make better food for his animals.

Veterinarians recognize iams and eukanuba as a better choice of food for animals compared to the other stuff out there. So what do you do instead feed your animals a lower grade food?

finboy
03-15-2004, 07:26 PM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/240000-240999/240328_13_full.jpg

403Gemini
03-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by REFLUX

yup i dunno if anybody saw a video they made of a animal harvesting place (mind fart.... cant think of correct word lol) and it was in middle of butt fuck nowhere in the southern states, and is the WORST one in north america, yet they played it up that all these places are in those horrid conditions.

*shakes head* imo PETA over reacts about a lot of shit. like fur, when they tried to attack that supermodel on the runway for wearing fur

Ven
03-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

yup i dunno if anybody saw a video they made of a animal harvesting place (mind fart.... cant think of correct word lol)

Factory farm. Though some places don't have that poor of conditions and treatment as shown in that movie, a lot of the situations are quite typical. More so the life to death in a cage situation for the smaller stock.

sputnik
03-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Ok. I will tell people to stop feeding dogs IAMS... and instead start feeding dogs baby kittens.

Its more "natural" and "organic".

:nut: :rofl:

On a serious note. People should really stop feeding their dogs "kibble" (bagged, processed and dried food) and switch to BARF (Bones And Raw Food). You will be AMAZED and the difference in your dog. You can get it locally from Silbertahl Bernese Breeders. (www.silbertahl.com)

ehos
03-16-2004, 03:51 PM
All such organizations live to 'protest'. Even if all pets were treated 'humanely' they'd still be around thinking of new shit to protest.

Also, why so much compassion/love for dogs/cats. What ever happened to helping PEOPLE?

Pretty hypocritical. How can people be so goo goo about animals when they couldn't give 2 shits about human life?

I saw hate everything equally (or love everything equally). :) Too bad for the animals that we test on, and too bad for the bums sucking lysol on the streets. It's all about ME in this world now.

I gotta go pick up my overpriced car now, and decide what fast food resturant I wanna go to. Man, life's pretty rough isn't it?

misty
03-16-2004, 04:39 PM
This reminds me, this morning I was listening to the radio, Cjay's tough contest thing. And gerry said that the person doing the contest was going to have to do a prostate exam on a bunny. I freaked out, and almost called animal control untill i realized they meant buddy!

ninjak84
03-16-2004, 09:40 PM
PETA will destroy us! Didn't anyone watch 28 Days Later?!?!

403Gemini
03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
PETA will destroy us! Didn't anyone watch 28 Days Later?!?!

yea... fuckin hippies

method
03-18-2004, 03:23 AM
PETA will say any bullshit to try and convince other people that eating grass is the only way to live. Do you have any idea how much a procedure like severing something's vocal chords and them stitching the animal back together so it wouldnt bleed to death or become infected costs? Yeah I'm REALLY sure they cut animals vocal chords.. :rolleyes: I bet they also sacrifice baby kittens to pagan gods. is there ANYTHING peta wont say? for fucks sake.

nuke peta and pam anderson.