PDA

View Full Version : The Pure North Plan - Pure North S'Energy Foundation - Thoughts?

RealJimmyJames
01-11-2016, 04:14 PM
A relative of mine was hooked up with these folks. who basically seem to be about promoting better health through blood tests and targeted vitamins.

Anyone know more about them? You get a $99 blood test, then they recommend the vitamins for you, which you can buy from them, or elsewhere.

I don't think it's common for GP's to request a blood test for vitamin levels. I do wonder if most Canadians are deficient in Vitamin D particularly.

Does anyone know more about this? Is it some kind of scam I'm not understanding?Link to their Website (http://purenorthplan.ca)

ramminghard
01-12-2016, 12:37 AM
It is a not for profit started by Allan Markin (Formerly CNRL). The whole idea is to have a proactive approach to health as opposed to a reactive approach. I have numerous family members at different stages of the program who talk positively about it. It is also being used by the Flames now.

Going in for my initial appointment Friday!

RealJimmyJames
03-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Any report about your impressions after the initial appointment? Anyone else have thoughts on this?

bigbadboss101
03-10-2016, 10:09 PM
following. There are naturopaths who does something similar, but using different technique. Some swear by what the NP do and seen great improvements. Blood test is another avenue and I am interested to hear testimonies of people who have good results. Yes I have heard about the gentleman at CNRL.

msommers
03-10-2016, 10:17 PM
You can go to your GP, asking for baseline or check-up blood testing to be done, which can encompass a variety of things. Just ask and they will give you a requisition form.

I go at least once a year. I'm commonly Vit D deficient, as I think are most Canadians during the winter. It's also a service paid for by AHS so no way in hell would I go to anyone else. Though oddly for people who take blood day-in, day-out, CLS employees are generally not very good at insertions - Get bruises all the time and my veins are pretty big.

bigbadboss101
03-18-2016, 08:08 AM
How did it go?

T-Dubbs
03-18-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm on their vitality pills.
Had my blood work done then they suggest a customized treatment plan.
I was lacking in vitamin D

carson blocks
03-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Though oddly for people who take blood day-in, day-out, CLS employees are generally not very good at insertions - Get bruises all the time and my veins are pretty big.

They might do it all day, but half of them don't care one bit about your discomfort. They'd collect the blood with a machete and bucket if it wouldn't mean more work to clean up the mess. A few years back, after a ridiculous amount of incompetent poking and digging, I offered up my pocketknife and suggested it might do less damage. No sense of humour there, but it did get me another tech who got it first shot.