PDA

View Full Version : how do i know which material it is?

nj2Type-S
03-15-2004, 05:10 PM
hey guys. i'm planning to buy a set of OEM or C-West lips and skirts for an rsx. i went to some performance shops and researched the net and those things ran up to around 1300..well, for the C-West anyway. i went to this one place and they told me that they can give me an OEM kit for around 700. i asked if it were made of urethane and he said it is. but, arent urethane supposed to be expensive? how would i know if this guy's tellin the truth here? cuz i duno how to really tell materials apart. oh yeah, he said that he can get the kit installed and painted for around 1400....any comments?

^SkylinE^
03-15-2004, 06:14 PM
For one if you get to see the kit urethane is very flexable grab the lip and twist it. And that price sounds about right my buddy had a full lip kit put on his accord and that is about what it cost to buy it and get it painted!
Good luck ! sounds like a good deal!:thumbsup:

nj2Type-S
03-15-2004, 07:18 PM
oh? i thought it was too cheap to be a real urethane kit. lol. so this IS a good deal...lol thanx

buh_buh
03-15-2004, 07:30 PM
usually OEM kits are ABS plastic, not urethane.
ABS plastic is even better than urethane. It won't sag over time.

nj2Type-S
03-15-2004, 07:32 PM
ok, so here....OEM's app. $1400 painted and installed. good deal then? hmm...plastic..? :confused: