PDA

View Full Version : Global TV News Calgary

C_Dave45
01-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know if they changed their format where they don't do sports anymore?
For the past week or so I haven't seen any coverage of major sporting news. The odd clip on some handicapped sports events maybe, but no highlights, no scores, nothing.

(I'm one of those weird ones that PVR's the news, and watches it every night during supper.)

I tried googling but didn't find any hits.

funkedelic2
01-20-2016, 01:16 PM
I watch the late news cast at 11 and they always do sports at the end. Not too sure about the evening news, if it's half hour they probably don't have time to fit in sports.

C_Dave45
01-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Ahh, wonder if they just do it at news hour final now. I watch the 6 o'clock and it is an hour. But they can only cover the previous days results. 11 pm they can do it same day. No explanation anywhere though that I can find.

SOAB
01-20-2016, 03:53 PM
probably cause at 6pm, the games are still going on or haven't even started yet. they would probably have a 1 minute segment on it, if any at all.

Xtrema
01-20-2016, 04:12 PM
I watch it during my work out.

The hour is basically divided with news/world news/finance/random feel good local stuff. Sports rarely make it to the 6pm unless it's a scandal or business related. They definitely do sports on new final. Not sure if there's a recap on morning news.

I think they figured out sport score and highlights are easily accessible and doesn't need editorial inputs. By 6pm, it would be almost a day old, pointless to waste time on it.

Kaos
01-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Try reaching out to them using Twitter?

mr2mike
02-08-2016, 09:06 PM
CTV News is much better.