PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare

ZenOps
01-21-2016, 07:58 AM
So I have this nightmare where I'm back in highschool sitting at a desk with three other students, and they are all studying.

They are all using pencils and slightly muttering and glancing at books.

Then I realize that I'm sleeping but I can't wake up. Damnit, I'm stuck studying in my sleep, some sort of cruel lucid dream trap. I kind of know I could be dreaming *any* other dream at this point like saving the world or bathing in lime jello at a strip club, but my ass is stuck to the seat.

I don't think I could handle it again.

JordanEG6
01-21-2016, 08:31 AM
Did you feel half awake and couldn't move your body to wake yourself up?

TomcoPDR
01-21-2016, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Did you feel half awake and couldn't move your body to wake yourself up?

I hate those dreams too.

I also get so depressed with the ones where I dream there's some piggy munching down on me, only to wake up, there really is a pork chop chowing down.

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2016, 09:07 AM
Your subconscious is trying to get you to re-look at the historical trends of nickel and cauliflower, there may have been a grave mistake in your calculations - the ramifications of which could be.......DISASTROUS. :eek:

On another note, this lucid dreaming people go on about. It sounds neat. I rarely dream (I assume) and even more rarely do I recall doing it.

G-ZUS
01-21-2016, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a demon possession to me :dunno:

firebane
01-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Your subconscious is trying to get you to re-look at the historical trends of nickel and cauliflower, there may have been a grave mistake in your calculations - the ramifications of which could be.......DISASTROUS. :eek:

On another note, this lucid dreaming people go on about. It sounds neat. I rarely dream (I assume) and even more rarely do I recall doing it.

Lucid dreaming is one thing but REM Sleep Disorder the one to be truly afraid of.

Its basically when you sleep your body becomes paralyzed but with that disorder you become unparalyzed and can start acting out dreams and be "awake" but not awake while doing it.

I once had it happen to me where there was a snake in the bed and I literally was crawling in and out of the bed pulling blankets off and looking under the mattress until my girlfriend asked wtf I was doing and brought me out of the state.

nissanK
01-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Yep, this happens to me alot now and when I was a kid. I'd have the night terrors where I'd 'appear' awake to someone but I'm seeing shit in the dark and I'd have a full on panic attack.

Still happens to me now where I'll sit up in bed a la Undertaker and creep the shit outta the wife lol

anarchy
01-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I haven't had this happen to me, but I have been stuck in between an awake and sleep state where I've fallen asleep, and I consciously wake up but my eyes are still closed and I can't move a thing. Pretty freaky.

I feel like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill where I'm basically willing my one toe to move. It takes a bit but once I can do that, I wake up fully. But it's like I'm paralyzed for a bit while consciously awake.

JordanEG6
01-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by anarchy
I haven't had this happen to me, but I have been stuck in between an awake and sleep state where I've fallen asleep, and I consciously wake up but my eyes are still closed and I can't move a thing. Pretty freaky.

I feel like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill where I'm basically willing my one toe to move. It takes a bit but once I can do that, I wake up fully. But it's like I'm paralyzed in a bit while consciously awake.

Yup. Had that once or twice. It's not AS scary as what my sister experiences. She's seen demons and evil spirits and feels a malicious presence during hers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

civic_stylez
01-21-2016, 10:58 AM
DoPsjWqvwT4