PDA

View Full Version : Decent Ford truck rebates?

SOAB
01-27-2016, 10:19 PM
So my lease is coming up in the next few months and I'm looking at getting into a 2016 F150 but the factory rebates really suck right now. They are not even close to what they were when I was getting my 2014.

anybody here work for Ford and have any "insider" information about any programs planned for the near future?

Black Gts
01-27-2016, 10:23 PM
The radio add for crowfoot sounds great haha, not sure the exact details but don't pay till 2017 and 16k in your pocket, or some combination I suppose. I'm sure it's not that great in reality but it expires Feb. 01.

InRich
01-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Honestly man...
If you want the best deal on a new Ford, take a ride out to High River, and visit their Ford store. I saved at least 7k from the prices (rebate or not) I was getting in Calgary vs driving to High River.

Take a ride out there, trust me.

spikerS
01-27-2016, 11:33 PM
find a lot with a 2015 on it, you should be able to damn near steal one of those right now.

ExtraSlow
01-27-2016, 11:48 PM
Where did cos's dude end up? He was in olds, but went somewhere....

Nav13
01-28-2016, 05:41 AM
They are giving 15 grand off 2015's and you can still find some on the lots but the interest rate on both leasing and financing suck balls. 4.59% and 7.09% respectively.

Where as you can get 0%(24 months) 0.99%(36months) 2.49%(36 months) for leasing and 0% up to 72 months on financing on 2016 models (As all the Manufactures normally do to pump new model year sales).

My lease is up in August and I am hoping there will be significant discounts on 2016's by then, if not I may just buy out my 2014.

Luckily it looks like 2016's only went up about ~$600 compared to 2015's considering how shit our dollar is now.

SOAB
01-28-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm in the air about either keeping my truck or getting a 2016. If I do upgrade, it will be a factory order because no dealership stocks a lariat with the heavy duty payload option. Actually, no dealership stocks any F150 with the heavy duty payload option, period.

Do I chance it and order one and hope that factory rebates are better when I pick it up? :confused:

Aleks
01-28-2016, 04:08 PM
If you guys don't keep them, do you sell them privately or give them back? Do F-150s have lots of equity over residual value?

Nav13
01-28-2016, 04:39 PM
If you bought a 2013 or 2014 for a good price (low 40's) 2-3 years back you should have some equity in the truck. I got mine for 42260 +gst. Buy out is 27 and change in August. Should be worth 35 by then if not more. The high price on 2015's plus American whole salers buying up used stock from dealerships really helps.

I would imagine it would be pretty hard to sell a used truck in Alberta privately? I could be wrong but I think most truck buyers in Alberta don't even have the cash in the bank.

cloud7
01-28-2016, 05:25 PM
My lease on my personal vehicle is up in a couple of months and I will be actively looking for a truck. Ford is one of front-running candidates along with Toyota. There is significant discount from Ford on the 2015 F150 but there is limited stock on anything other than the XLTs... which is not what I am looking for. I expect that in a couple of months the 2015 selection will be even more limited. I have no insider info but from my research the discounts from Ford on the 2016s are about $5000 less when compared with the 2015s... trim level dependent of course.

ExtraSlow
01-28-2016, 09:47 PM
This is part of the normal rebate cycle, rebates get better through the summer and fall.

SOAB
01-29-2016, 09:15 AM
So after discussing it with the sales manager, looks like I could expect a factory order 2016 lariat to arrive some time in june or july. hopefully incentives during that time would be better?

spikerS
01-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Ford employee pricing usually begins in August or September.

corsvette
01-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Where did cos's dude end up? He was in olds, but went somewhere....

Think he's in Carstairs now at the sister dealership.

cloud7
01-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
So after discussing it with the sales manager, looks like I could expect a factory order 2016 lariat to arrive some time in june or july. hopefully incentives during that time would be better?

The incentives during that time would for sure be better than right now. The ford incentives for a Lariat is about $4500 right now which will get better in a few months... dealers seems to be discounting another $5500 on top of the $4500, so it's about a $10K discount from MSRP at the moment... very rough numbers of course.

black300
01-29-2016, 01:10 PM
I saw a sign at Universal Ford that said up to 30% discount on F150's

SOAB
01-29-2016, 03:59 PM
yeah, dealers have lots of 2015's left over and wanna get rid of them. but if I was to get one of those, I might as well keep my current one cause they'd be basically the same.

the truck I want will be a Lariat with HD Payload, Max tow, power folding tow mirrors, 6.5' box. a few other bells and whistles but those are the must-haves for me to upgrade.

basically a custom order truck because no dealer ever orders one like this. this one would be my forever truck.

hopefully my wife will agree to place the order. :D

cloud7
03-05-2016, 07:06 PM
SOAB - Did you end up placing an order? If so, what kind of deal did you end up getting?

SOAB
03-07-2016, 08:48 AM
about $1500 under invoice - factory rebates + tax = OTD no fees.

hopefully the rebates at the time will be better than what they were when I signed.

cloud7
03-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
about $1500 under invoice - factory rebates + tax = OTD no fees.

hopefully the rebates at the time will be better than what they were when I signed.

That's a really good price considering invoice is about $6-7K below MSRP on the Lariat. With the current incentive, you are already roughly $11-12K under MSRP. On the 2015 Lariat that they were only willing to go $15K below MSRP, which makes me want to go elsewhere or just get a 2016. Which dealer did you order from?

SOAB
03-08-2016, 09:15 AM
I got it at Cam Clark in Airdrie. pm me if you want more info.

leftwing
06-10-2016, 03:57 PM
I am looking for some advice/info on what to expect (in terms of price flexability) when buying a new truck. I am pretty much a rookie when it comes to this and negotiating is not a strong skill of mine. I am not prone to being taken advantage of, but I want to make sure I am getting a good deal.

I know pretty much exactly what options I want/don't want, I am still deciding between trims - Lariat and King Ranch. When I use the 'build my truck' feature on the Ford website the MSRP comes out to around 65K usually. What can I expect to get knocked off that? I read that buying late in the model year is a good time to get deals so I may try that. I see that SOAB was around 10K+ off MSRP on his deal, is this typical or is that a great deal? I will be using Ford financing for some of the cost if that matters at all.

ExtraSlow
06-10-2016, 06:11 PM
For a guy in your situation, it's worth doing two things:
1) get a car cost canada report on the exact vehicle you plan on buying. Then let the CCC "affiliated" dealership give you a quote by email. it should be pretty painless. Use this as your baseline quote, it's probably not a bad deal, but I'm sure you can beat it.
2) work with a different dealership, preferably a salesguy who has been recommended to you by beyonders. If Cos's dude is anywhere, he was awesome to deal with over email.

There are about a hundred ways a dealership can screw over a guy like you. Maybe get a buddy to go with you? Practice saying no, and make sure you never buy on your first visit to the dealership.

If you post the exact configuration you are interested in, some of the beyond dudes with too much time on their hands (like me) might be able to give you a better idea than the ford website. If you don't know the exact configuration you want, start a thread and I'll help you work through the options.

redblack
06-10-2016, 07:19 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTm2F4ysQrE&feature=youtu.be

ExtraSlow
06-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Eh, marketing for other brands will always show Ford in a poor light. That test has zero relevance to my life.

leftwing
06-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
For a guy in your situation, it's worth doing two things:
1) get a car cost canada report on the exact vehicle you plan on buying. Then let the CCC "affiliated" dealership give you a quote by email. it should be pretty painless. Use this as your baseline quote, it's probably not a bad deal, but I'm sure you can beat it.
2) work with a different dealership, preferably a salesguy who has been recommended to you by beyonders. If Cos's dude is anywhere, he was awesome to deal with over email.

There are about a hundred ways a dealership can screw over a guy like you. Maybe get a buddy to go with you? Practice saying no, and make sure you never buy on your first visit to the dealership.

If you post the exact configuration you are interested in, some of the beyond dudes with too much time on their hands (like me) might be able to give you a better idea than the ford website. If you don't know the exact configuration you want, start a thread and I'll help you work through the options.

Thanks for the response, very appreciated. Checked out CCC and it is helpful as a starting point.